Perth Cancelled

Very disappointing to receive notification of cancellation 8hrs before the Perth Australia show, which has been sold out for months. "Unforeseen circumstances" hours before a gig is really not good enough, particularly with people travelling for the concert. Pissed off is one way to describe the situation.

Screenshot from an anonymous person:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey no longer actually fears flying. He doesn't particularly care for it but he isn't afraid of it anymore. He's done it far too often.
Yeah, he flies around so much (voluntarily), I think that it was obvious that that wasn't the case anymore since the Smiths days (and even then it was debatable, because just a few years before that he flew happily to America to visit relatives a few times and considered to even live there and in autobio there isn't a word of fear of flying).

You say this, but spineless, pathetic, English gordyboy will defend him no matter what.
usual mince from you,english dont insult me,you have done this before and it didnt work the first time.

In case you have got some time,
why don't you watch Larry King inteviewing him?
and why don't you watch "How soon is now?" at Toyosu Pit Tokyo (28/11/23)?
Then you might get an idea - or not - about what is going on here.
Real friends forgive everything.
Real fans, too.
He should be able to continue with what he needs - that is playing for you (us).
And we should try to support him with whatever we can do, and not to talk about those things at all.
God bless you Morrissey, you are great! (See ya - where ever it will be).

you dont want to,style over substance.

I kind of agree. Maybe worth a couple of viewings but that's about it. As for The Smiths songs, I found them a bit out of place. For me, they didn't add anything; if anything I thought they detracted from both the movie and their own quality.

Yeah, he flies around so much (voluntarily), I think that it was obvious that that wasn't the case anymore since the Smiths days (and even then it was debatable, because just a few years before that he flew happily to America to visit relatives a few times and considered to even live there and in autobio there isn't a word of fear of flying).
he hates airports more than he hates flying.

I kind of agree. Maybe worth a couple of viewings but that's about it. As for The Smiths songs, I found them a bit out of place. For me, they didn't add anything; if anything I thought they detracted from both the movie and their own quality.
i wrote that a few weeks ago about the songs being out of place,some were literally five seconds and that was it.watched it twice enjoyed it a bit better on second viewing.

i wrote that a few weeks ago about the songs being out of place,some were literally five seconds and that was it.watched it twice enjoyed it a bit better on second viewing.

I didn't realise that's what you had written. I just knew the songs were in the movie and thought it'd be a decent watch. I say "songs" but it was snippets, that's all. My initial reaction was wtf. I will watch it again, but the "songs" add nothing imo. I don't even know why they were there, truth be told.

I didn't realise that's what you had written. I just knew the songs were in the movie and thought it'd be a decent watch. I say "songs" but it was snippets, that's all. My initial reaction was wtf. I will watch it again, but the "songs" add nothing imo. I don't even know why they were there, truth be told.

The lyrics were often a humorous commentary on the action. For instance, This Charming Man after a kill. And the choice of the Smiths also was an insight into a hidden aspect of the Killer, a sensitive, sardonic side.

Real fans, too.
He should be able to continue with what he needs - that is playing for you (us).
And we should try to support him with whatever we can do, and not to talk about those things at all.

Real fans, too.
Laughable. Noone has any idea what is going on, least of all Morrissey himself.

I sincerely hope some Australians dare to confront him. He is literally making thousands of people waste money and time.

Whoevr put this together, did an impressive job.
Somehow I have been lucky with 2 cancellations out of 20.

Good luck to you. If he’s in Melbourn now then there’s still a good
chance that he’ll make it to Sidney.

But why would he fly from Melbourne to Brisbane and then return to Sidney?
If he's in Melbourne. Is there any proof Morrissey has made it to Australia yet?

I sincerely hope some Australians dare to confront him. He is literally making thousands of people waste money and time.
What would be the point in that? I'd say his confrontation will come to him in the form of low to no ticket sales if he ever comes this way again. I am a hardcore Morrissey fan and a regular on here and if he does visit here gain which I very much doubt, I won't be buying tickets until the eleventh hour.

If we go down the Morrissey fan food chain from there I can't see him selling out a small pub. Here in Australia we haven't enough Morrissey concerts over the 40 Years to garner a strong enough attendance. These recent cancellations for our close neighbours in Asia and at home here in Perth have not helped one damn bit.

Now after having said all that, if he shows up I too will attend and look forward to a great night. No point in sabotaging the potential for good vibes completely now is there? I paid good money for good times.

What would be the point in that? I'd say his confrontation will come to him in the form of low to no ticket sales if he ever comes this way again. I am a hardcore Morrissey fan and a regular on here and if he does visit here gain which I very much doubt, I won't be buying tickets until the eleventh hour.

If we go down the Morrissey fan food chain from there I can't see him selling out a small pub. Here in Australia we haven't enough Morrissey concerts over the 40 Years to garner a strong enough attendance. These recent cancellations for our close neighbours in Asia and at home here in Perth have not helped one damn bit.

I agree with your thoughts Marred, the Nottingham cancellation on the day of the gig with no explanation was the final straw for me. I go to loads of gigs and have had one or two cancellations in 40 years but each time they have given a reasonable explanation whereas Morrissey chooses to say nothing at all.

Next year I have New Order, James (twice) Buzzcocks (twice) Stranglers, Johnny Marr, Embrace and Echo & The Bunnymen on my calendar and I'm 100% sure every one will go ahead.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom