Morrissey Central "Peru" (June 27, 2023)

Peru

355491591_824406965712200_3298750648234105906_n.jpg

Morrissey’s September 14 show at Anfiteatro Parque De La Exposicion in Lima, Peru has sold out.

Related item:

He might sing Who Will Protect Us from the Police? on that date, considering the unrest in Peru , at the moment anyway.

This little character once migrated to London from darkest Peru.

1687899912828.png

He might sing Who Will Protect Us from the Police? on that date, considering the unrest in Peru , at the moment anyway.

This little character once migrated to London from darkest Peru.

Oh I hope they find a solution to the current unrest before Morrissey gets there!
I mean, I wouldn’t want Morrissey to inflict that song on the good people of Peru. ;)

I wonder if this brag of "40 Years Of Morrissey" will figure into the tour setlist. It suggests to me a longer and more varied setlist comprising of many songs loved and for that matter lost. By "lost" I mean the plethora of tunes he seems to have forgotten exist. I really don't want to see Alma Matters and the rest of the habitual offenders make another appearance.

I wonder if this brag of "40 Years Of Morrissey" will figure into the tour setlist. It suggests to me a longer and more varied setlist comprising of many songs loved and for that matter lost. By "lost" I mean the plethora of tunes he seems to have forgotten exist. I really don't want to see Alma Matters and the rest of the habitual offenders make another appearance.
some songs cut from maladjusted, does he play them live, don't know if you've heard them - usually bootlegs. He may just play the hits, I don't know if he has much control over the setlist? Its a production so many people might have say in what he does during the concerts, and advertising, posters etc. if he had his own way wonder what the shows would look like and what songs would he pick and why. Hes probally just stringing out hits songs at this point in his life and keeping some for himself so he doesn't alter them.

some songs cut from maladjusted, does he play them live, don't know if you've heard them - usually bootlegs. He may just play the hits, I don't know if he has much control over the setlist? Its a production so many people might have say in what he does during the concerts, and advertising, posters etc. if he had his own way wonder what the shows would look like and what songs would he pick and why. Hes probally just stringing out hits songs at this point in his life and keeping some for himself so he doesn't alter them.
I very much doubt anyone else has a say in what the setlist is (other than to offer a suggestion).

Last edited:
I suggest … Interesting Drug.
Alain wanted him to play that as well as others from the earlier days and he was having none of it (outside of Our Frank and We Hate It…). Opportunity lost, according to some fans.

(As noted above, Mozzer and Mozzer alone chooses his set lists, but sometimes will seem to listen to suggestions).

Alain wanted him to play that as well as others from the earlier days and he was having none of it (outside of Our Frank and We Hate It…). Opportunity lost, according to some fans.

(As noted above, Mozzer and Mozzer alone chooses his set lists, but sometimes will seem to listen to suggestions).

Playing in South America is really the stuff of legend. The fans are very devoted, and they make it a huge party. I wish Morrissey and the band well - this is a tremendous opportunity.

Agreed 100%. No HSIN either.

Same. It's fine. Last time I saw him at Leeds half the seats were empty. Happens to a lot of artists.
Leeds must have been a huge blow to the ego for him.
The whole performance was lacklustre. The drummer busking outside the arena was far more entertaining. Even Barrie from Carlisle wasn’t impressed.

Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:

Of course he decides on the set list. The band rehearse about 40 songs and then M picks from those.

Of course he decides on the set list. The band rehearse about 40 songs and then M picks from those.
I just watched the new Elvis Presley film so got mixed up, the music industry is still controlling, but its different now, Elvis got really used. I do remember Moz talking about how he chooses his setlist- like you said- in an interview.
1990s poster orginal poster.jpg

Original Elvis Poster 1990s, sweaty

Good song, but incredibly overrated imo.

Absolutely. Not even close to being the best song they released, yet many non-Smiths fans think it is so amazing. Of course, it sounds like no other song ever, so I'm not disrespecting it - it's just been played-out at this point.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom