Morrissey Central "PESTANA PALACE" (February 27, 2024)

Screenshot_20240227-211236.png

PESTANA PALACE

February 27, 2024
The 'new' Morrissey interview and accompanying photographs at Pestana Palace are a hoax. Morrissey has not been to Portugal for many years, and does not give interviews unless at gun-point.

The interview referenced is labelled "Published on Dec 31, 2014" and is found here:

(article image added to OP)

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
The man has become such a tragedy. As if there's an actual conspiracy to somehow get him.... So sad. The world has really moved on and he hasn't got a clue that increasingly few people don't give a toss about him.

Is this the kind of vague mystery clusterf*ck marketing shenanigans we can expect from new management because if so, it's not working.

I'm waiting for 'Without Music The World Dies was a hoax. Morrissey has not recorded a new album in years, and would not do so unless at gunpoint.'

Embrace the crazy. What has Moz got left to lose at this point? :thumb:

I've read through this whole thread and can't shake the feeling that this is the most boring discussion I've ever seen. Who actually gives a f*** if it's a hoax magazine or not?

This site seems to have a tendency to overanalyse and dive deep into what would otherwise be generic throwaway posts on a social media account that mean very little.
I understand a few comments, but 7 pages worth?

Every second comment is a dig at the man too, which seems to be the real aim here. Very big "holier than thou" vibe with a lot of people.

Surely there's something better to do?
Yet here you are.......

It’s possible this is simply an oversight as a transition in management takes place and the current one gets acclimated. It’s also possible there is an ongoing disconnect between the different tentacles that is the Moz octopus. It seems like there is always a lack of communication that causes these issues that could so easily be avoided. It’s as if no one talks to anyone else and they just do what they want… rarely pulling in the same direction.
Come on, "Moztopus" was right there!

I've worked in music management for 30 years, with people as big as Madonna. I know nobody in Morrissey's camp, but this is exactly as much of a clusetf*** as it appears to us outsiders. This is a very simple business really... there is no big mystery about it. To those of us who have been following this for a while (I have been since 1992), it's all very clear. Who would have thought that in 2024 Marr would be the more relevant musician?

Back in 2002 I hung out with Howie Klein a few times (look him up kids) and he told me about Morrissey taking him to clubs in East LA with a cassette of the First of the Gang to Die demo. He also told me that Morrissey had a thing where he was convinced he was going to die broke and irrelevant. Seems he's entered his fat Elvis stage where he is so insulated from reality and surrounded by leeches, that he's actually lost the plot completely. The Colonel should have never been pumping Elvis up with drugs and pushing him out on stage. Neither should Donnie, Sam and whoever the else is with Morrissey. Also: Jesse seems like a scumbag. Bad energy on stage. Seems the current band are all on eggshells up there... and I've seen him 26 times since 1992.

Last edited:
I like Dneuer's Octo-Moz theory, it has to explain this latest hiccup. The loose crowd of unofficial helpers may be trying their best but this sort of lightning knee-jerk reaction is a shame. If only someone had paused for a moment. He looks great in that photo shoot and that snippet of interview.
Hopefully this will help inform the new manager of what he's up against.

I've worked in music management for 30 years, with people as big as Madonna. I know nobody in Morrissey's camp, but this is exactly as much of a clusetf*** as it appears to us outsiders. This is a very simple business really... there is no big mystery about it. To those of us who have been following this for a while (I have been since 1992), it's all very clear. Who would have thought that in 2024 Marr would be the more relevant musician?

Back in 2002 I hung out with Howie Klein a few times (look him up kids) and he told me about Morrissey taking him to clubs in East LA with a cassette of the First of the Gang to Die demo. He also told me that Morrissey had a thing where he was convinced he was going to die broke and irrelevant. Seems he's entered his fat Elvis stage where he is so insulated from reality and surrounded by leeches, that he's actually lost the plot completely. The Colonel should have never been pumping Elvis up with drugs and pushing him out on stage. Neither should Donnie, Sam and whoever the else is with Morrissey. Also: Jesse seems like a scumbag. Bad energy on stage. Seems the current band are all on eggshells up there... and I've seen him 26 times since 1992.

What do you think about his new manager? Is he going to be able to get Morrissey back on an even keel? Do you think he'll be able to get a record deal?

I think if the new manager is really in charge, this post never would have been on Central or some kind of retraction would be issued. The thing to do if there was a question would have been to message the woman and ask her if she is trying to say this was all recent, even tho it was obvious to any thinking person that was not what she was saying.
This is just getting worse.

I think if the new manager is really in charge, this post never would have been on Central or some kind of retraction would be issued. The thing to do if there was a question would have been to message the woman and ask her if she is trying to say this was all recent, even tho it was obvious to any thinking person that was not what she was saying.
This is just getting worse.
100%

Why does everything posted on central have to be observed with a magnifying glass? It stands to reason that SOME people may interpret the instagram post as him vacationing in Portugal instead of doing concerts in South America.

The man has become such a tragedy. As if there's an actual conspiracy to somehow get him.... So sad. The world has really moved on and he hasn't got a clue that increasingly few people don't give a toss about him.
No one under 30 knows who the hell this silly old man is.

Back
Top Bottom