Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Liam Gallagher will never write anything as good as Morrissey but I love his attitude, he played to 170K people at Knebworth last year but launched the live album from the gig at Koko in London which holds 1500 people, the album was his 5th number one as a solo artist.

I'd also recommend the documentary on him called As It Was on Netflix as it gives a real insight into an artist who was on top of the world with Oasis, crashed down to earth with Beady Eye and then re established himself, make massively successful albums and play huge gigs worldwide.

Last edited:
About Johnny’s cancelled flight: he was due to play in Gothenburg at 17:00 last Saturday, his BA flight on Friday afternoon was cancelled. There were no direct flights to Gothenburg on Friday evening or Saturday morning, but he and band could have easily travelled via Stockholm or Copenhagen and made it to the festival if they’d wanted to. Whatever. I wasn’t going to see him anyway, I can’t stand his stupid hair LOL

Did you not get the part where British Airways lost his guitars and equipment? You really think it's easy moving a band, crew and equipment from one country to another? How do you know the other planes had room for them all? You should think before you speak.

Liam Gallagher will never write anything as good as Morrissey but I love his attitude, he played to 170K people at Knebworth last year but launched the live album from the gig at Koko in London which holds 1500 people, the album was his 5th number one as a solo artist.

I'd also recommend the documentary on him called As It Was on Netflix as it gives a real insight into an artist who was on top of the world with Oasis, crashed down to earth with Beady Eye and then re established himself, make massively successful albums and play huge gigs worldwide.

Amen. Liam’s career is run impeccably. No stupidity, no bullshit, massive respect for his fans, his own expression and his own art, and he is continually creating strong material. He plays to the media, but not too much, keeping his integrity intact always. I love him.

Did you not get the part where British Airways lost his guitars and equipment? You really think it's easy moving a band, crew and equipment from one country to another? How do you know the other planes had room for them all? You should think before you speak.

Apart from the fact that the decision to cancel the show was made long BEFORE his little hissy fit at the baggage claim (as also evidenced by his tweets) you have a really good point there. :thumb:

morrissey cancelled on me once. i was annoyed but not that annoyed. not put-it-in-my-signature-how-ill-never-get-over-it (like baz has done) annoyed. mostly i felt bad for other people who might have been really excited to see him. thats why i dont understand how moz can cancel on a whim like that. i remember nicky talking about how they had to cancel a show because james was sick and how bad james felt and you could tell nicky felt really bad too and it was something they took very seriously.

of course, when moz cancelled on me, he didnt just cancel on me but on sharon as well. which is odd behaviour considering how he's been pining for her for 25 years (lol)

morrissey cancelled on me once. i was annoyed but not that annoyed. not put-it-in-my-signature-how-ill-never-get-over-it (like baz has done) annoyed. mostly i felt bad for other people who might have been really excited to see him. thats why i dont understand how moz can cancel on a whim like that. i remember nicky talking about how they had to cancel a show because james was sick and how bad james felt and you could tell nicky felt really bad too and it was something they took very seriously.

of course, when moz cancelled on me, he didnt just cancel on me but on sharon as well. which is odd behaviour considering how he's been pining for her for 25 years (lol)

I will never get over not having seen Johnny Marr!!!

To tell you the truth, the whole festival was so awful this year that not even laughing at Johnny Marr's haircut could have saved it. They would have had to pay me to go. Last year Nick Cave was headlining, the sun was shining and life was beautiful, this year blur and this awful, awful tone-deaf Swedish singer were headlining. Johnny was probably secretly pleased that BA gave him a good excuse to not have to perform alongside these clowns.

It would have been nice to hear some live music though - before the next round of covid restrictions.

The Manics are such nice people!

I will never get over not having seen Johnny Marr!!!

To tell you the truth, the whole festival was so awful this year that not even laughing at Johnny Marr's haircut could have saved it. They would have had to pay me to go. Last year Nick Cave was headlining, the sun was shining and life was beautiful, this year blur and this awful, awful tone-deaf Swedish singer were headlining. Johnny was probably secretly pleased that BA gave him a good excuse to not have to perform alongside these clowns.

It would have been nice to hear some live music though - before the next round of covid restrictions.

The Manics are such nice people!
Aren't they?! The manics and the suede boys, both. Impossible to find a nicer bunch of boys ❤️

You think there will be more covid restrictions? Nah, I don't. 'Specially not in Sweden. Climate restrictions, probably, though!

I probably would've gone for blur. I know how you feel about blur and I myself think they're pretty inane but there's something fun about them too and since they fall under the category of 90s britpop I feel like I want to like them by association.

Aren't they?! The manics and the suede boys, both. Impossible to find a nicer bunch of boys ❤️

You think there will be more covid restrictions? Nah, I don't. 'Specially not in Sweden. Climate restrictions, probably, though!

I probably would've gone for blur. I know how you feel about blur and I myself think they're pretty inane but there's something fun about them too and since they fall under the category of 90s britpop I feel like I want to like them by association.

Oh, I'm a never blurrer. I mean ... I guess they could be fun, but Damon Albarn just really rubs me the wrong way. And many of their fans are c***s, too.

Did I tell you I bought a season ticket to the Gothenburg Symphonic Orchestra? :)

Yeah, I dunno. They're already starting to scare us with the new VARIANT OF CONCERN!!! I hope you're right about covid, but I wouldn't be surprised if restrictions are back by mid/end September. And Sweden will definitely fall in line next time; Sweden won't be allowed to go its own way again by the powers that be, plus the new government has already announced that there will be a "paradigm shift" when it comes to covid. It's going to be interesting to see how the Public Health Authority will try to persuade us that masks and lockdowns are a good idea after having told us for three years that they're not a good idea.

Oh, I'm a never blurrer. I mean ... I guess they could be fun, but Damon Albarn just really rubs me the wrong way. And many of their fans are c***s, too.

Did I tell you I bought a season ticket to the Gothenburg Symphonic Orchestra? :)

Yeah, I dunno. They're already starting to scare us with the new VARIANT OF CONCERN!!! I hope you're right about covid, but I wouldn't be surprised if restrictions are back by mid/end September. And Sweden will definitely fall in line next time; Sweden won't be allowed to go its own way again by the powers that be, plus the new government has already announced that there will be a "paradigm shift" when it comes to covid. It's going to be interesting to see how the Public Health Authority will try to persuade us that masks and lockdowns are a good idea after having told us for three years that they're not a good idea.
Oh bun bun, I think they'd have a hard time flying any covid shit now. Even in canada now, almost everyone admits that covid is just the sniffles. Of course, you never know anymore, do you?!

I don't mind Damon albarn but he's a bit of a pipsqueak. Imagine being justine frischmann and going from Brett Anderson who is major in every possible way, to that little pipsqueak???

Forgive an uncultured canadian but what does a symphonic orchestra do exactly, bun bun?! Is it symphony music or opera or what? Will there be people on stage doing stuff or do you just sit and listen? Either way I'm sure it's a lovely way to spend an evening. But are you sure it's not a seasons pass to the outfit that put on Cats that you really wanted?! ;) 😆

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom