procedure for getting refunded by ticketmaster?

pierce

does anyone know what the deal is with this? Is it a slam dunk?

I want to "pay the upgrade" as it were and get some seats in a closer section, and refund my section 4 tickets. I'd hate to screw us over though (can't afford to eat the tickets).

Has anyone tried this?

ok i was a big boy and figured it out myself.

FYI for a $15 "upgrade" we went from near the back of the tent to 5th row, stage right...... i heartily encourage this behavior

Last edited:
I'm attempting the same. I already bought the better ticket (Will Call, which makes me nervous), and plan to get a refund on the old one today. How did you go about it? Is the 15 dollars you refer to a Ticketmaster fee that doesn't get refunded?
Anyway, I'm so psyched about this now! My seat is so much better!

the $15 references the $65 face value of the new ticket instead of $50 for the old-- though i think the convenience charge was probably $1 more.

when you refund you get the ticket price, convenience charge and bldg facility charge all refunded. The only thing you eat are any delivery charges.

I did will call as well... makes me a bit nervous, but I'll just be sure to print out the confirmation email and swing by earlier in the day to make sure all is well for showtime

Did you get your refund over the phone with Ticketmaster? Did they give you any problems?

no problems... i did it over the phone, spoke to a very sweet woman with a southern twinge to her voice. I fibbed and said I couldn't make the date, though I don't know that that mattered. When I got off the phone I even had a quite conscious thought that "that was so easy, and pleasant, and un-ticketmasterish".

I waited to buy my new tix until i got off the phone, so you may need a different excuse if you have both sets of tickets on the same account, though I don't think they would make a fuss about it.

Thanks!
I'll be in section 3, row E. According to the seating chart, that's actually the third row. Do you think I have a chance of touching his hand or getting a piece of his shirt? This is my first show (second if you count the aborted Boston show last week)...

Back
Top Bottom