Puddles Pity Party covers "Please, Please, Please..."

guys got a great voice,sounds good as well.

It's a shame he went the way of Simon Cowell - some of the things he covers clearly shows he can think for himself.
Regards,
FWD.

I've been spamming him with requests for this on Facebook for a while now! (Not that I'm trying to take credit, I'm just happy he finally did!)

I reckon this is the scariest thing me have seen in my life except for when Uncle Steve has a meltdown when Damon hasn't delivered his breakfast burrito and coffee exactly after the morning jet ski race to Zuma with John Lydon, Steve Jones, William Michael Albert Broad, Dave Evans, and Herman.

Who is this guy? I love him! His unchanging facial expression at the end made me laugh out loud

Who is this guy? I love him! His unchanging facial expression at the end made me laugh out loud
He's a guy that wasn't getting very far with his um... "good looks." So he came up with a character. He has an amazing voice and does some really interesting interpretations of various songs. I've been enjoying him for a few years now.

you mean, kinda like what David Bowie did ? ;)
Well first off, Bowie wrote his own songs, so there's really no comparison there, but sure. I'll play.

Step one: Look at any picture of David Bowie without makeup or adornment. Just look at him.
young-david-bowie-in-blue-checkered-sweater-photo-u1.jpeg

Then look at Mike Geier. (Puddles.)
maxresdefault-11.jpg

You tell me which one of them has a face made for radio.

He's fantastic! And I find his act really endearing. Good for him for showing some ingenuity (much like klaus when he couldn't make it going the conventional route). Thanks for sharing.

Well first off, Bowie wrote his own songs, so there's really no comparison there, but sure. I'll play.

Step one: Look at any picture of David Bowie without makeup or adornment. Just look at him.
View attachment 43542

Then look at Mike Geier. (Puddles.)
View attachment 43543
You tell me which one of them has a face made for radio.

beauty is subjective.

Maybe you know more about Geier than I do. If so, then I stand corrected. But to assume someone has chosen to do what they do because of the way they look to you is a bit presumptuous on your part.

to say...

'He's a guy that wasn't getting very far with his um... "good looks." So he came up with a character.'

is not very nice.

beauty is subjective.

Maybe you know more about Geier than I do. If so, then I stand corrected. But to assume someone has chosen to do what they do because of the way they look to you is a bit presumptuous on your part.

to say...

'He's a guy that wasn't getting very far with his um... "good looks." So he came up with a character.'

is not very nice.

I wasn't trying to be rude. He just wasn't getting anywhere beyond local/regional shows. People were saying "Damn, this 7 foot tall behemoth can sing!" but that's about it. The character of P3 gave him a huge boost of exposure, most recently on America's Got Talent.

EDIT: And you can't say I judge talent based on looks. I am a Cure fan after all. ;)

I've seen Puddles live 25 times. He's a fantastic entertainer with an amazing voice and a great act. The live show is much better than produced videos. He encourages the audience to record his shows and post on social media, so there's a ton of it on YouTube. I encourage everyone to see him if he comes to your town.

(He also plays I Know It's Over and Everyday is Like Sunday while the audience is entering the venue)

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom