Race Laws

Musley

wild and free
My friends thirteen year old son has been changed with Aggravated Racism by allegedly shouting "Paki" to an Asian woman. I have read the statement from the police and there are no witnesses to the incident, just the word of the woman herself. It is due to go to court in May. What are your opinions on this?

My friends thirteen year old son has been changed with Aggravated Racism by allegedly shouting "Paki" to an Asian woman. I have read the statement from the police and there are no witnesses to the incident, just the word of the woman herself. It is due to go to court in May. What are your opinions on this?

Why would the woman make that up?

If there were no other witnesses, then she doesn't have much of a case, since the boy would be presumed innocent, wouldn't he?

Why would the woman make that up?

If there were no other witnesses, then she doesn't have much of a case, since the boy would be presumed innocent, wouldn't he?

I just cannot understand how it can go to court when then are no witnesses. If there are no witnesses we could all go round accusing each other of things. To me if there are no witnesses, there is no case.

Well, even if you raise your children not to shout 'Paki' at Asian women, they'll still do it if their friends believe it's cool, so... Yeah, I don't think it's always parents' mistake. Except that maybe everyone should raise their kids as anarchists :confused:

Musley, does your friend's son deny it?

Musley, does your friend's son deny it?

He denies it because his solicitor told him to deny it, but I honestly think he did do it. But I still come back to the point about witnesses. Surely they must have at least one to bring a case.

He denies it because his solicitor told him to deny it, but I honestly think he did do it. But I still come back to the point about witnesses. Surely they must have at least one to bring a case.

I'm not so sure. Many rape cases come to court without there being any witnesses. Of course, many of those cases are lost, but they're brought to court nonetheless.

I'm not so sure. Many rape cases come to court without there being any witnesses. Of course, many of those cases are lost, but they're brought to court nonetheless.

Yes you are right, I never thought about that! But it still has to be proven by the prosecution.

If he did it, he's a f***ing moron. It's probably difficult to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he did it if there we no witnesses. However, when the case is finished, whichever way it goes, when he wakes up the next day he'll probably still be a hateful, f***ing moron.

What a waste of money taking that to court.We could all claim someone has done something.The law is an ass.

If he did it, he's a f***ing moron. It's probably difficult to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he did it if there we no witnesses. However, when the case is finished, whichever way it goes, when he wakes up the next day he'll probably still be a hateful, f***ing moron.

I'm afraid to say he is a bit of a moron. He is of very low intelligence and ignorant and totally unaware of how the things he says affect people. I obviously wasn't there but think he probably did do it. Obviously he is entitled to a defence lawyer but at the end of the day it must come down to one persons word against the other.

But it still has to be proven by the prosecution.

Indeed, and won't this need to be proven to the prosecution?

My concern is if the lad knows why saying that is wrong, and not just knowing that he shouldn't say it.
There was one black kid in my school I remember once when someone called him "chocolate biscuit". The person who said it obviously meant to cause offense (as it was in the middle of an argument), but I doubt he knew the implications of what he said. They must've been around 11 at the time, and I know both parties reasonably well now, and the guy who said it is by no means a racist (15 years on), and I would say he just didn't know why that name was insulting, and to him it was just like calling him a "twat" etc.
What I think I'm trying to get at is teaching people why racism and racist comments are wrong, and not just telling them that racism is wrong, is required.

I can't see what the woman would gain from making this up.
Off course, that doesn't automatically mean the claims are true, though, you, Musley, think they probably are.
So, IF they are true, hopefully it will scare him into thinking before he speaks in future. And also, any of his friends and peers who had used this kind of language before.

What a waste of money taking that to court.We could all claim someone has done something.The law is an ass.

I'm an ethnic minority living in UK, it's not a waste of money.

It's very important to give this moron a lesson not to shout at abusive racist words to anyone. :mad:

Indeed, and won't this need to be proven to the prosecution?

My concern is if the lad knows why saying that is wrong, and not just knowing that he shouldn't say it.
There was one black kid in my school I remember once when someone called him "chocolate biscuit". The person who said it obviously meant to cause offense (as it was in the middle of an argument), but I doubt he knew the implications of what he said. They must've been around 11 at the time, and I know both parties reasonably well now, and the guy who said it is by no means a racist (15 years on), and I would say he just didn't know why that name was insulting, and to him it was just like calling him a "twat" etc.
What I think I'm trying to get at is teaching people why racism and racist comments are wrong, and not just telling them that racism is wrong, is required.

I totally agree but in his case I don't think any amount of education would make a difference.

Kewpie you are bang right. Whether or not it can be proved, if he did it it should go to court. If we didn't send to court cases that were definately going to be won the country would be in a right mess.

I'd love to see someone call someone else chocolate biscuit in an arguement. That might be the funniest and least offensive, offensive comment ever made.

Back
Top Bottom