Random not-hugely-interesting thought

Just sitting here listening to That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore.

"It was dark as I drove the point home/and on cold leather seats/when it suddenly struck me/I just might die with a smile on my face after all."

Reminded me of:

"Punctured bicycle on a hillside desolate/will nature make a man of me yet/when in this charming car, this charming man/why pamper life's complexities/when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?"

Same automobile sexual encounter? Certainly seems to have been pivotal to Moz, if the "made me a man/changed my outlook on life" reactions are anything to go by. Somebody should do an analysis (nothing unusual in a poet) of outdoor sex scenes in Smiths/Moz work. Go down a bomb at the local miner's clubs! :LOL:

Same automobile sexual encounter?
That's always a possibility. See also 'There Is A Light' for more erotic frissions in automobiles.

I'm sure I recall an old Smiths-era interview where Morrissey mentioned being aroused by the smell of leather car seats, but I'll be damned if I can find the exact quote right now.

That's always a possibility. See also 'There Is A Light' for more erotic frissions in automobiles.

I'm sure I recall an old Smiths-era interview where Morrissey mentioned being aroused by the smell of leather car seats, but I'll be damned if I can find the exact quote right now.

"...
MORRISSEY: We all have our idiosyncracies, and one of mine... as a child of the sixties, when the seats of cars were made entirely of leather, to me there was something highly erotic about actually being in a car... I've always found cars highly erotic.

INTERVIEWER:Why? Because they go vroom vroom, and you can switch them on and switch them off when you want?

MORRISSEY:No, no --- not the driver's seat... there was just something about the old leather seats...

INTERVIEWER:So you're into leather?

MORRISSEY:Y-y-e... next question.
... "

Morrissey interviewed by Antonella Black, ZIG ZAG, MAY 1985.
FWD.

Just sitting here listening to That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore.

"It was dark as I drove the point home/and on cold leather seats/when it suddenly struck me/I just might die with a smile on my face after all."

Reminded me of:

"Punctured bicycle on a hillside desolate/will nature make a man of me yet/when in this charming car, this charming man/why pamper life's complexities/when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?"

Same automobile sexual encounter? Certainly seems to have been pivotal to Moz, if the "made me a man/changed my outlook on life" reactions are anything to go by. Somebody should do an analysis (nothing unusual in a poet) of outdoor sex scenes in Smiths/Moz work. Go down a bomb at the local miner's clubs! :LOL:There is a
The erotic nature of manufactured objects is a recognised 'thing', as is 'mechanophilia', being sexually aroused by things like cars and bikes. Of course, millions of people in the world were probably conceived in a car - the car often being the only place that young couples can get some privacy. And a car is often used for sexual encounters of all kinds - as described by Morrissey in several songs - including of the humasexual variety. And there is also the phenomenon of 'dogging'. The car is a symbol of the boundary between the private world and the public world - and how each penetrates the other, oo-er, which is very much what the Gary Numan song 'Cars' was about.

I think anyone who has leather seats knows they are very sexy

Back
Top Bottom