Remainder of US tour cancelled due to Morrissey's respiratory infection

Re: Tour cancelled

Morrissey announces the close down of the present U.S. tour with "unimaginable sorrow".
On Saturday, June 7th, following the show at Boston Opera House, Morrissey collapsed and was rushed to Massachusetts General Hospital where doctors treated Morrissey for "acute fever". Difficulties had arisen on May 31st following Kristeen Young's opening set at the Miami Knight Concert Hall, after which Kristeen confessed to "a horrendous cold", the symptoms of which were passed on to Morrissey resulting in the cancellation of the next show in Atlanta.
For the good of all, Kristeen was asked to step down from the immediate upcoming shows, but instead she decided to leave the tour entirely.

On TTY

KY is like a latter day Typhoid Mary. Similar age too.

It doesn't quite explain her drummer's Wayne Newton tweet though.

This would be more forgivable if he wasn't pretending Kristeen was the one that got him sick as it's a truly transparent lie. Hope he gets well anywho.

The Old Tosser has meet his match and finally tossed the towel in.

What does this mean for the rag tag group of musican that work for him.

1. Collect unemployment insurance

2. Work as a roadie for another band.

3. Be the opening act for Kristeen Young

4. Work at Boz and Lynne's record outlet in Camden or

5. Work for Benny The British Butcher in the meat packng plant.

The Mad Brewer

They can f*** right off M B I can tell you that now for a fact !
We only employ people who are dedicated and work hard for a living.

Paul has POSTPONED the dates, http://radio.com/2014/06/09/paul-mccartney-postpones-june-u-s-tour/

I don't get it, Johnny is 50 and breaks his hand and still tours. Morrissey is 5 years older and he can't even finish a tour. Morrissey gets sick WAY too much. He's 55?!

Johnny realised that he's no longer in his twenties, had to have a healthy lifestyle, stopped drinking and smoking.

It is well known fact that from the beginning of his musical career Morrissey often has been fallen ill.

Each individual body is different, unfortunately Morrissey's body hasn't been built like Johnny's.

We waited by the buses( which were parked a block away from the venue) and at 11 the venue security said he was coming out. Half an hour later only the roadies came with food and boarded. Is it normal for him to take so long or was he really ill?

Moz should really just come back to Europe; he doesn't seem to fall ill over here as often... It must be the toxins in the America air.

It's just getting more and more obvious that he is HIV positive.

Hmmm....Kristeen said she only had allergies. Plus if she was really ill, why would you ask her to step down off a tour? That's really bizarre. Unless someone has a condition that would not be able to fend off an illness so quickly....

...But seriously, I think this is damage control on Mozzer's part for her not playing along with everyone's fake illnesses...Unless she likes to lie about things all the time....

...And when you posted this, Anon, this story had not been up on true to you yet....Hi Julia.
This is getting worse, everyone involved are making a mess

Thw hole tour was a bad idea lots of have said he should just play mini tours
The lp an digit release have been half backed a crap photo pic of one posted on TTY months before
He could have leave with limited edition vinyl for one song, signed
Played a few gigs in key places with gaps inbetween.
Then rested until lp comes out, a more chilled moz does interviews and plays one to two nights, London, Manchester, Dublin
Then have a rest and write

The ky stuff is Bull shit as if Tony and jeff would be mouthing off such crap about morrisdey if it was mutual
Also where was morrIssey when he met the football team, hotel by the pool or in a pub?
Kristeen and her band who have lives they put on hold would not leave the tour and lose money. That is bollox she has an lp out and needs to promot it and sell it at gigs unless tony finds her another friend she will be playing to 30 people I'm shit holes.
Jeff also.tweeted "we have been sacked by Wayne. newton

Something must have happened serious between them as kristeen never said morrissey didn't have a virus she said she didn't but that she was traveling with her band.
She never dropped morrissey in it at all.
If morrissey wanted kristeen to just drop two or even five shows he would have paid her for the shows she has that in her contract.
Kristeen and her band would have chilled made music maybe thrown a gig and then re joined morrissey
It was very clear she was kicked off the tour and didn't leave or this would have been mentioned
Rather than snarky comments

Sad news whatever the cause.
As I, myself, age - I can't help think that it is a vast array of variables that cause these cancellations - politics, health, insurance, criticism, tension et al.
Factor in the Kenny Williams, Charlie Hawtrey, Wilfred Brambell type existence he appears to thrive on and aspire to and it all makes for a cloud of miscommunication, secrecy and a large wait for anything close to the truth to surface (but does it really matter?).
The whole tone of 'Autobiography' has a homogenity with The Kenneth Williams Diaries IMHO.
I just hope all this has a happier ending.
Regards,
FWD
(I guess we could all be wrong and it's just that viruses are stronger on K.Young's home planet). ;)

Wow, sorry for including Paul McCartney, guys.
Here's more performers over 70 who are still managing to tour, minus all the cancellation drama:
Rolling Stones
Aretha Franklin
The Beach Boys
Paul Simon
Crosby, Stills & Nash
Neil Diamond
Ringo Starr
Phil Lesh
Smoky Robinson

how do you figure that?

Kris announced long before this shitwreck that she merely had allergies, she also stated that she and her band were travelling separately. I'm not sure how she could've managed to supposedly make Morrissey deathly ill. Even if someone is actually sick it is rare that being in their presence for a meager amount of time will proceed to give one a debilitating cold.

Wow, sorry for including Paul McCartney, guys.
Here's more performers over 70 who are still managing to tour, minus all the cancellation drama:
Rolling Stones
Aretha Franklin
The Beach Boys
Paul Simon
Crosby, Stills & Nash
Neil Diamond
Ringo Starr
Phil Lesh
Smoky Robinson

Let's just do the first one on your list. When I go to the Stones site right now to look at their tour, the first thing they talk about is all the Australia make up dates this October/November from the tour they canceled in March/April. Now obviously there was no way they could tour then. But I think it's more about, in general, we only pay attention to the cancelation of Morrissey shows because we follow him so closely. Others cancel and postpone as well, though probably not to the degree Morrissey has these last 18 months. -MR

If this tour got cancelled, with a brand new album to promote on a new record label, I don't think he's ever going to finish a tour again. I hope he doesn't get dropped from the label and at least continues to release new music if he's unable to tour.

I'd have to imagine this will really hurt future ticket sales. Who would ever buy a Morrissey ticket again? What venue would book a Morrissey concert now?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom