Remember the Time Morrissey made a fun of Khan

Is the Wild Turkey the mayor of london?

Ya made a heck of a detection!
I was wonderin' when someone was gonna
figure this stuff out.
🙏

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan visits BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir (Wild T).jpg

Morrissey didn't mention Khans ethnicity. Most londoners think hes not a great mayor. He said Khan 'cant even talk properly' out of context no applied slur to race or accent. Maybe he was angry at the way Khan couldn't articulate something or was angry about his policies or how he dealt with grenfell tower. I am not bothered about what the major or PM looks or sounds like, I just want a person with common and uncommon sense and a broad prospective

Ok

Before you all settle in for another shit-stirring racist thread - he has mentioned accents before.

I don’t think I’ve ever really had a Manchester accent. The accent is really quite broad, whereas I’ve always had a very flat accent – there’s a soft lilt in there somewhere. But then you have to remember my background. My parents are from Dublin… (Morrissey, The Irish Times, November 1999)

Television still emits only the King’s English, which Manchester naturally dismembers by dropping any G that might be at the end of a word.
(Morrissey, Autobiography, 2013)

I’ve mentioned this before. But one time I was talking about the Ziggy Stardust D.A. Pennebaker film with Morrissey, and Morrissey noted ( complained ?) that Bowie was singing or would sometimes sing with an American accent. This was in 92. So accents seem to be something he’s sensitive about.

I’ve mentioned this before. But one time I was talking about the Ziggy Stardust D.A. Pennebaker film with Morrissey, and Morrissey noted ( complained ?) that Bowie was singing or would sometimes sing with an American accent. This was in 92. So accents seem to be something he’s sensitive about.
Yeah and he made a big deal about Lulu's too, in that car interview from around the time of Maladjusted.

He didn't say that, he said - “London is debased. The Mayor of London tells us about ‘Neighborhood policin’ — what is ‘policin’? He tells us London is an ‘amazin’ city. What is ‘amazin’? This is the Mayor of London! And he cannot talk properly!”
talking very fast and canot talk properly is the same thing.

talking very fast and canot talk properly is the same thing.
I cannot understand how you are so consistently wrong about everything.
Saying Khan can’t speak “properly” because he says in’ instead of ing is like saying Scots can’t speak properly because they say hamburrrRRRRRrrggguuuuuurrrRRRrrr instead of hamburger.

I don't think there's anything wrong with expecting the person who represents the city of London, England, which is synonymous with literacy, to not neglect his 'g's

I cannot understand how you are so consistently wrong about everything.
Saying Khan can’t speak “properly” because he says in’ instead of ing is like saying Scots can’t speak properly because they say hamburrrRRRRRrrggguuuuuurrrRRRrrr instead of hamburger.
iv got yer t-shirt and yer poster,get over it.

Now this thread might be the start of something completely new in the Moz universe: Learning English With Morrissey

Dear eager pupils, please note the difference in meaning when Moz says the following:
"I'd hit him."
vs
"I'd hit on him."

Additionally, please note the pretty relevant difference when saying something like this:
"Khan? I'd hit him."
vs
"Khan? I'd hit it."

Exam question: What would you expect Moz to say? "I'd hit him" or "I'd hit it"? Is there a chance he might say both, and if so, why might that be the case? Please give reasons for your assertion.

Cracking idea, Learning English With Morrissey! We could complicate it even further with...
Moz would say, "I'd hit on him, hit it (big time), then hit him."

Has Mr Morrissey ever learned a foreign language, or is English the only language he's able to speak? If the latter (which is very likely), he might as well go fück himself, the uneducated yet pretentious and condescending prick he seems to be sometimes.

Is palare / polari a foreign language? ;)

Back
Top Bottom