Russell Brand

🙄 No, it's not. He knew his career was in trouble so he built up his own platform so he'd have an income.
He was all for sticking to the 'woo woo' non-algorithmic fringe stuff except that the community he built up kept asking him to cover topical issues, which he proved up for, and entertaining.

At least use the term ‘nonce’ correctly. He’s not accused of being a pedophile or any thing similar. He’s accused of rape and sexual assault against people above the age of consent. Misinformation is dangerous and exists on all sides of the political spectrum
Which is the biggest difference between him and Savile; who the 'prey' were.

Minor attracted persons. Normalizing such species is one of the agendas some of the Trans activists are trying to push. Icky icky stuff.
Thanks nwl. Are these more manufactured human sacrifices for the fire of distraction, or what? So much is changing in the identity arena, which everyone is supposed to promptly adapt to. When I was in school, I would have been reprimanded for incorrect grammar when referring to an individual as 'they'!

Thanks too for leading me to https://www.dragqueenstoryhour.co.uk/ :dancer:🦉

I wonder why it's not drag for women to dress as men? Isn't that what Joan of Arc got burned for doing?

Could Russell Brand save himself by becoming a woman?

Last edited:
Thanks nwl. Are these more manufactured human sacrifices for the fire of distraction, or what? So much is changing in the identity arena, which everyone is supposed to promptly adapt to. When I was in school, I would have been reprimanded for incorrect grammar when referring to an individual as 'they'!

I won't claim I understand it - but I've got used to the they/them thing. IRL they're mostly very nice - bit shy. Actually - very like baby Morrissey - they were struggling to find their place in the world & this seems to help them.

The MAP thing is a lie dreamed up on 4Chan.

I won't claim I understand it - but I've got used to the they/them thing. IRL they're mostly very nice - bit shy. Actually - very like baby Morrissey - they were struggling to find their place in the world & this seems to help them.

The MAP thing is a lie dreamed up on 4Chan.
Thanks Malarkey. My gosh! This is such an education!

4Chan is not Channel 4 but "an anonymous English-language imageboard website. Launched by Christopher "moot" Poole in October 2003, the site hosts boards dedicated to a wide variety of topics, from video games and television to literature, cooking, weapons, music, history, anime, fitness, politics, and sports, among others."

I've been comfortable describing individuals as 'they' in conversation or IRL (in real life, I learn!) but not in writing, until recently.

To pick up on comparisons Gash and Jerrycan alluded to, Sara Ahmed outlines many instances of sexual harassment and assault by male university directors or lecturers who, when complained about, keep their jobs or are even promoted, while the complainant, students or staff, including fellow lecturers, is worn down and made to leave their course or job. The complainants often come up against a similar phrase when HR figures gang up against them: sexual abuse is considered a 'perk of the job'.

William Davies details how universities have changed, to allow for much venality:
Academic freedom needs defending, against both the state and the market, but so does academic responsibility: to recognise what the university can still uniquely do, which money and power alone cannot.

Presumably similar dynamics are playing out in other social organisations. Again, just to keep things in perspective.

Last edited:
He was all for sticking to the 'woo woo' non-algorithmic fringe stuff except that the community he built up kept asking him to cover topical issues, which he proved up for, and entertaining.

I don't understand why these things are so long - there was some God Awful 'Revolution' space on Twitter (X :rolleyes: ) with all the rightwing cranks & it went on for about FIVE hours - with mad as a hatter Neil Oliver saying that when it happens they'll have to think what to do with the vaccinated.

He used to present Coast.

Now he's wondering if we'll be rounded up when the 'freedom movement' takes over.

(In some ways it's quite funny because the revolution is being run by washed up celebrities & clapped out presenters - we're going to taken over by Sue Cook & the lead singer of T'Pau).

I don't understand why these things are so long - there was some God Awful 'Revolution' space on Twitter (X :rolleyes: ) with all the rightwing cranks & it went on for about FIVE hours - with mad as a hatter Neil Oliver saying that when it happens they'll have to think what to do with the vaccinated.

He used to present Coast.

Now he's wondering if we'll be rounded up when the 'freedom movement' takes over.

(In some ways it's quite funny because the revolution is being run by washed up celebrities & clapped out presenters - we're going to taken over by Sue Cook & the lead singer of T'Pau).
Neil Oliver is more eloquent and lucid than you could ever dream of being

If it turns out Brand has physically abused/raped people, then that is obviously inexcusable, and he gets no sympathy from me.

That said, some of the more general accusations around his broadcasting at the time seem to be very much a media driven hysterical witchhunt. Brand achieved his initial fame thanks to pushing boundaries, and the whole cheeky chappie sexual innuendo persona. People used to laugh, praise him and give him more work and money when he went on TV programs and flirted with the female presenters, so of course he carried on behaving that way. That was his career Now, everyone is clutching their pearls in horror and saying how such behavior was monstrous and beyond the pale. We are definitely living in an increasingly puritanical society. They look at the past, even the recent past, and judge it very differently to how it was perceived at the time.

Close friend of Russell Brain-Damage LOL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The Silence of the Steve is pure Gold.

Are you with him or not Steve ?????

Man up Steve and quote us some bollocks.
(be very careful though !!! Not many fans left now is there !!!)

Benny-the-Very-Proud-British-Butcher 🇬🇧:knife:

If it turns out Brand has physically abused/raped people, then that is obviously inexcusable, and he gets no sympathy from me.

That said, some of the more general accusations around his broadcasting at the time seem to be very much a media driven hysterical witchhunt. Brand achieved his initial fame thanks to pushing boundaries, and the whole cheeky chappie sexual innuendo persona. People used to laugh, praise him and give him more work and money when he went on TV programs and flirted with the female presenters, so of course he carried on behaving that way. That was his career Now, everyone is clutching their pearls in horror and saying how such behavior was monstrous and beyond the pale. We are definitely living in an increasingly puritanical society. They look at the past, even the recent past, and judge it very differently to how it was perceived at the time.
Like Savile all over again. We all laughed at the cub scouts on the rollercoaster, but we didn't like all the raping, because we are hypocrites.

IRL they're mostly very nice - bit shy. Actually - very like baby Morrissey - they were struggling to find their place in the world & this seems to help them.
Christ, you are so cringeworthy. Do you have any other frames of reference in your life other than Morrissey?

Back
Top Bottom