Morrissey Central "SHOT IN CHICAGO" (September 23, 2021)

unnamed-1_bhtz3c.jpg

Jesse Tobias

unnamed-2_gsq6cn.jpg

Alain Whyte and Solomon Walker
photographer unknown

Regards,
FWD.

Completely apropos of the band, I am working from home at present so I watched the last Vegas night. someone had uploaded a decent version to YouTube, so gave a watch. I was actually more intrigued, as a massive nerd, to see who was on lead and rhythm guitar for songs. From what I could gauge, it appears Jesse and Alain took turns on certain songs, though Alain appeared more on the rhythm side of things where Boz was. He also replaced the clarinet solo from ...Paris with a guitar version that, obv, Boz would have played.

The only big difference I noted was Jesse was playing the rhythm and parts of the lead for First of the Gang (the strummy/chuggy intro, usually played by Boz, was played by Jesse) and Gus was on an acoustic for it as well as keys.

I've kissed plenty of girls. Honest.

Love you Acton! Big fan of the doll!

Keep the good music going, boys. The next recording, with this band and hopefully Matt Walker drumming, is going to sound awesome and have some very nicely written songs on it. I'm excited for Morrissey and the band's future, and really hope there's another album after Bonfire to which Alain, Jesse, and Gustavo can collaborate on each song together.

In regards to the tight-packing, hopefully that's Jesse's 'enjoyment' face, and if so - he loves his job.

(Killer in the Home) Aye-Aye-Ohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Why is Jesse wearing pajama pants?

Ketamine, you're great :) I love reading your stuff.

Jesse is a really good guitar player, and is innovative, especially with an E-bow, he plays in a hard rock style. Alain is also a very good player, also innovative - like when he sang/screamed through his guitar humbuckers on the Southpaw album (see end of 'The Operation'), plays in more of a 50s rock and roll style.

Both of them can write a good song. "Smiler with Knife" is very good/ 'Boxers' is very good. Alain, with Morrissey, has written many more good songs - but also has a longer history with him than Jesse does.

Jesse looks constipated.
I don't know how his facial farcical frenzied faux-pas fidgeting doesn't distract Moz to the point of abject abstraction. HOW could you sing and look at that face? Maybe that's why Moz drowns the stage in dry ice during Jack The Ripper. For a bit of peace.

Haha Alain said nothing of the kind.

call me morbid, call me pale, call me cloying, call me mad,

but Moz bringing Alain back has been such a joy to me, that I love and appreciate Moz even more than I ever did, something I didn’t think possible. It has opened up a new space in my heart for him I didn’t even know I had. It’s one of the times he’s shown true tenderness “publicly”, though I suppose some will disagree with me on here.

anyway, long live the current lineup because I know we’ll never be rid of Jesse so hopefully we can just freeze this one in time. In other news, Boz looks to be gallivanting in Spain so I guess he won’t be back anytime soon either. As long as Alain can stay, so be it.

Love you Acton! Big fan of the doll!

Keep the good music going, boys. The next recording, with this band and hopefully Matt Walker drumming, is going to sound awesome and have some very nicely written songs on it. I'm excited for Morrissey and the band's future, and really hope there's another album after Bonfire to which Alain, Jesse, and Gustavo can collaborate on each song together.

In regards to the tight-packing, hopefully that's Jesse's 'enjoyment' face, and if so - he loves his job.

(Killer in the Home) Aye-Aye-Ohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
Well Matt Walker is drumming for Garbage at the moment so he may stay away for good. I couldn't care less who plays drums for Morrissey but I'd welcome back Cobrin into the mix.

There's already been a mention in the interview by Morrissey's nephew that Alain has written an album with Morrissey after Bonfire. Probably rough demos or scratches in the sand at this point but sounds like it's happening.

Haha Alain said nothing of the kind.

call me morbid, call me pale, call me cloying, call me mad,

but Moz bringing Alain back has been such a joy to me, that I love and appreciate Moz even more than I ever did, something I didn’t think possible. It has opened up a new space in my heart for him I didn’t even know I had. It’s one of the times he’s shown true tenderness “publicly”, though I suppose some will disagree with me on here.

anyway, long live the current lineup because I know we’ll never be rid of Jesse so hopefully we can just freeze this one in time. In other news, Boz looks to be gallivanting in Spain so I guess he won’t be back anytime soon either. As long as Alain can stay, so be it.
Yeah same here. As far as I'm concerned this is the reunification that I've been looking forward to versus that other reunion some sad people still think should happen. Without Alain the band just lost that key member that made it a band and not a bunch of musicians that play for Morrissey. Boz can stay in Spain as long as he likes.

Love Jesee tobias. He is a great rock alternative Guitarrist. Thought I still miss his hight guitarr solo during jack the ripper.in las.vegas concerts. .. By the way. I want those pijamas pants. I wonder where did you get them Jess???

Ketamine, you're great :) I love reading your stuff.

Jesse is a really good guitar player, and is innovative, especially with an E-bow, he plays in a hard rock style. Alain is also a very good player, also innovative - like when he sang/screamed through his guitar humbuckers on the Southpaw album (see end of 'The Operation'), plays in more of a 50s rock and roll style.

Both of them can write a good song. "Smiler with Knife" is very good/ 'Boxers' is very good. Alain, with Morrissey, has written many more good songs - but also has a longer history with him than Jesse does.
Who cares who has written songs or not. All are good. Musicians. And. Co writers But I don't like much the cowboy style Alain W brings anyhow ha !

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom