Sister I'm a Poet varying lyrics

wemissumoz

Don't call me Junior
I'm wondering about a couple of things relating to Sister I'm a Poet:

• On Beethoven Was Deaf, why is the lyric about "see through everybody's clothes" cut off in the middle? It doesn't sound like he was being attacked by fans, like in Hulmerist, as he resumes the next line without any trouble.

• I'm wondering what the alternative lyrics ("A plastic bag standing at the light - This once was me.") that he sings on BWD and Hulmerist but not on the studio version (which has the lyrics, "All alone ... lone ... alone, waiting at the lights - But not this time. Why is it totally different when sung live?

OK, that's it. Any thoughts are appreciated!

I'm wondering about a couple of things relating to Sister I'm a Poet:

• On Beethoven Was Deaf, why is the lyric about "see through everybody's clothes" cut off in the middle? It doesn't sound like he was being attacked by fans, like in Hulmerist, as he resumes the next line without any trouble.

• I'm wondering what the alternative lyrics ("A plastic bag standing at the light - This once was me.") that he sings on BWD and Hulmerist but not on the studio version (which has the lyrics, "All alone ... lone ... alone, waiting at the lights - But not this time. Why is it totally different when sung live?

OK, that's it. Any thoughts are appreciated!

(1) It's a fast-paced song in the middle of the set, he just ran out of breath. You can hear him inhaling at the end of the next few lines to catch his breath again.
(2) "This once was me" just sounds better - a bit more personal. They're his songs, he can sing what he likes. Why did he do the "kill.. eat.. kill.. eat.." bit in Meat Is Murder at Glastonbury? He felt like it, and it sounded good, so why not.

Cheers Jarvis

Back
Top Bottom