Smiths on BBC2 programme about Radio 1

oranges

Just seen a very brief clip of the Smiths doing 'William it was...' on Radio 1 night on BBC2. Mike Read was saying how he liked the Smiths but not their politics. Did Mike Read actually play the Smiths often?

I've not seen the footage before, Morrissey is wearing a strange blue shirt, does anyone know where it's from?

Was it Top of the Pops?
According to PJLM (and a quick search of Youtube) TOTP was the only show they performed William on. It's the performance where he rips his shirt open to reveal "Marry Me" written on his chest.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it Top of the Pops?
According to PJLM (and a quick search of Youtube) TOTP was the only show they performed William on. It's the performance where he rips his shirt open to reveal "Marry Me" written on his chest.

Dave

:thumb: Nice vid.Just thinking it must be a pisser if youre a Morrissey fan from Dagenham and your names Kevin or.. Bob etc..

Thanks to the wonder of iplayer (10mins 30sec)... turns out to be the official video for Boy With a Thorn in His Side... not an unknown TV appearance of William...

Took me so long to put the post together that Oranges got there before me, still nice to be able to watch TBWATIHS
Dave

Back
Top Bottom