South Bank Show

Ben Chill

There is not going to be a South Bank Show on Morrissey.

According to the production company no such show is planned.

Last edited:
I'm not shooting the messenger, but that has certainly ruined my day. For a couple of days. Hopefully until i find out it's not true...

Last edited:
Really? with all the effort made to film at GMex and didn't they also film in Pasadena?

Please tell me that this isn't true! I watched the Jarvis Cocker one last night and I thought, "I wonder when our one is on?" Now you are telling me it's not going to happen?

I might as well slit my wrists now.

Oh no, wait a minute, that would be pointless. I can always watch my collection of Moz DVDs to make up for the loss.

I am rather annoyed though. While I am very happy for my friends in America, I miss him and want him back over this way!

:(

There is not going to be a South Bank Show on Morrissey.

According to the production company no such show is planned.

That's a disappointment. Following Kewpie's question, why has the denial come out now, rather than when the rumour was in top gear?

I'm sorry to break the bad news but it's true.

I had some contact with the South Bank Show over the last few days and one of the things I learned was that they are not making a Morrissey special.

This is a real let down. :(

Perhaps Morrissey and the production company couldn't reach some agreement of the content?

I'd be interested to hear from anyone that spoke to the crew claiming to be working for this show at the gigs.

Also, wasn't there a message here on solo asking for people to make contact with the production company?

If you have had any contact regarding this I would be very grateful if you would email me:

[email protected]

Thanks.

I don`t believe this rumour at all.I`m positive I read somewhere it was going to be aired in the Autumn.Is there a SB show website?I think we should gang up and email a protest en masse.Good God!!Jarvis Cocker?:eek:He`s Mr Mediocre compared with Morrissey.!!:mad:

I don`t believe this rumour at all.I`m positive I read somewhere it was going to be aired in the Autumn.Is there a SB show website?I think we should gang up and email a protest en masse.Good God!!Jarvis Cocker?:eek:He`s Mr Mediocre compared with Morrissey.!!:mad:

There's nothing we can do if Morrissey decided to pull out the filming...
It's not the first time Morrissey pulled out collaborating a documentary.

No need to slag off Jarvis for just express your anger BTW. :rolleyes:

I wonder if it's because there didn't seem to be an awful lot of new ground for them to cover? If I'm remembering this properly, when it was announced, they stated that one thing they were going to discuss was Morrissey's Latino fans... as we all know this has been done before.... what's to learn? No offense to any fans that may have been involved with filming, etc, but what I mean is that it struck me as a bit lazy of the production team to go over something that has been covered for the past what, 10 years?!

It's a shame in a sense that the documentary won't be made, but I'd rather that it wasn't made if it's just a re-hash of stuff that's already out there. They could have followed him to Italy and done the special on the recording of ROTT, and discussed the influence that Italy had on him, and so forth...

If it was going to be anything like the Jarvis one last night it's a blessing. I wasn't sure whether it was a problem with the show or simply because Jarvis didn't seem to have anything interesting to say, but I thought it was a complete bore. Really cheap television.

There's nothing we can do if Morrissey decided to pull out the filming...
It's not the first time Morrissey pulled out collaborating a documentary.

No need to slag off Jarvis for just express your anger BTW. :rolleyes:

Just to be clear, I never said Morrissey pulled out.

Back
Top Bottom