The Guardian: Artist Dean Sameshima mentions Smiths tattoo in interview

Morrissey mentioned

Excerpt:

In fact, Sameshima is now so at ease with his cruising self that he has a tattoo of a glory hole – openings punched in the walls of toilet cubicles, allowing the men on either side to have sex with each other. (He also did a series of photographs of them, called Erdbeermund.) The artist is more ambivalent about another tattoo that reads “How Soon is Now” in homage to the Smiths, given Morrissey’s recent politics. “Johnny Marr is still OK,” he says. “And he co-wrote How Soon Is Now. Well, that’s how I justify it.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see how the non-stop deluge of these 'Morrissey is evil, but Johnny is great' news articles is going to lead to another open letter rant from Moz. Even though Johnny is doing absolutely nothing to stir the pot, the drip-drip-drip effect of this must be winding him up something rotten. Get ready for another explosion soon.

I can see how the non-stop deluge of these 'Morrissey is evil, but Johnny is great' news articles is going to lead to another open letter rant from Moz. Even though Johnny is doing absolutely nothing to stir the pot, the drip-drip-drip effect of this must be winding him up something rotten. Get ready for another explosion soon.
Morrissey's used to media hate. I bet he's rustling up his own recipe in the pot. Sure let Marr have his spell in the sun. The world's big enough, for them and for Dean.

Back
Top Bottom