The official LGBT Thread

As of 1 July, Hungarian gay couples have the opportunity of a civil partnership. The ceremony is similar to a civil wedding, celebrated at the local Register Office. :D (Unfortunately this doesn't give the couples the right to adoption, maybe one day. It's a huge step forward though, since Hungary is still very anti-gay.)

As of 1 July, Hungarian gay couples have the opportunity of a civil partnership. The ceremony is similar to a civil wedding, celebrated at the local Register Office. :D (Unfortunately this doesn't give the couples the right to adoption, maybe one day. It's a huge step forward though, since Hungary is still very anti-gay.)

A step forward is a good step!:)

hey gays, while dealing with your realization that you are not hetero, have you ever wished that you were hetero? As in, it would make things easier and you wouldn't have to go through the often times very difficult process of coming out, facing adversity in many communities, discrimination etc? Or maybe you wished you were hetero to just stop the confusion that goes on in your head?

I feel that I have the opposite problem. I'm not 100% anything; gay or straight. And I find that that in itself creates so much confusion and conflict within myself that it's very difficult and unfortunate. I grew up as an extreme tom boy. Never even wanted a girls name, often asked to be called Nick or Jeff. As I have grown older I still have so many aspects of my personality that are not straight in the slightest. Many times when people first meet me they think that I am gay. I have only ever dated men seriously (which is unfortunate) but sometimes I wish that I was just exclusively attracted to women b/c I think I fit the mold of gay much more so than straight. Am I crazy?

I get what you mean. But there is no gay mould and no straight mould and you shouldn't have to feel like you fit into anything :)

In answer to your question, a couple of times, yes, I'm wished to be completely straight. And while I'm mostly into girls (what did I say earlier? 95%? 99%? It changes.) I can be swayed by a very few men. Which means that I can't call myself gay and I don't feel bi; the four or five men I like doesn't measure up to the fact that on the whole I'm attracted to women. So I barely know what to call myself, which makes things difficult. Still, on the whole, I like being who I am. Plus, having the same genitalia as a partner makes things a lot easier for sex ;)

Society is obsessed with pushing people into carefully labelled boxes. But f*** that, because nobody is ever going to be a perfect stereotype, are they? :D

India has just decriminalised gay sex. Small steps but at least they're getting there. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8129836.stm

I shall proclaim that I am here to fill in the empty "T" in the LGBT thread.

I think I might be the only one here though.

I shall proclaim that I am here to fill in the empty "T" in the LGBT thread.

I think I might be the only one here though.

Ah cool, but I'm sure there are one or two others.

I'm not quite sure if or where I fit into the LGBT spectrum, but my transsexual girlfriend certainly does!

Well it needed to be revived. Am I the only one left?!
no;-)

was sad to hear about the tel aviv accident when it was reported
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Tel_Aviv_gay_centre_shooting
. at the hamburg pride they had someone walking with a sign of" tel aviv, we are thinking of you"...and there was a condolence book on the street fest asend to their relatives after

also some sad happenings at the copenhagen pride http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?ch=news&sc=&sc2=news&sc3=&id=94294

good news for UK LGBT

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/news/articles/2005-13858.html
and germany even though still some cracks in the law
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/news/articles/2005-13841.html

a campaign
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/news/articles/2005-13884.html

edit
and no robert, i havent found love yet..will I ever?I dont know..

what about you?
:)

Last edited:
Hey sista,

Yesterday I got a chance to hear how things went inside the Tel Aviv gay canter on the night of the murder. At the time the murderer got inside the place, the people inside were listening to very load music. Because of the music they didn't hear the shooting. People only noticed what's going on when they saw their friends lying on the floor bleeding. The murderer left the place and they were afraid he might come back. They called the police and until the police came they just hid there, paralyzed by fear and shock, some of them were dead, a lot of them were injured, there was blood everywhere and all this time the music kept plying load still.

This image is shocking and surreal. I find it hard to take my mind off it. Every time I think about it I want to cry. My heart goes out to the survivors. 10 of them are still hospitalized. Some of them are disowned by their families. It makes me sick to my stomach. This is all just too painful.

I'm ashamed but not at all surprised at how things went on the gay pride parade yesterday in Budapest. Last year's parade was an absolute scandal, the Nazi anti-protestors attacked the gay community and its simpathizers. So this year, the road on which the parade went along was blocked from the protestors, and the side streets as well, to separate them from the participants of the parade. Yet at the end ot the parade, some protestors managed to beat up a woman who was wearing a rainbow t-shirt. And since they couldn't attack the paraders, they attacked the police. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's immoral per se I'm just really far back in my closet.

Back
Top Bottom