"The Smiths - Special Collectors' Magazine" from the makers of NME and Uncut out now

From the magazine that Morrissey may very well send to the knackers' yard next summer comes...

...with a 'personal' introduction from Johnny Marr.
It's up-to-date enough to refer to the Stone Roses reunification but they forget to mention the recent litigation. Funny that.

Is there really anything left to be said? :rolleyes:

smithsoneshot011111.jpg

p.s ~ In this weeks 'normal' 'NME' there is an interview with Johnny Marr in which he states that he was in e-mail contact about the 'Complete' project with all three ex-Smiffs, including Moz. I know, I know, it's shocking....Morrissey may actually have been a little parsimonious with la vérité :eek:

See also for more details / ordering information:

The Smiths On NME.COM - NME blog

Last edited by a moderator:
A nice way of earning money for the trial. Maybe they'll do a Morrissey special too?

It just goes to show what hypocrites the NME are.We all know Morrissey is not a racist.In that 2007 NME interveiw , didn't Morrissey say "that immigrants have enriched the country" and "I don't have anything against people from other countries". It's a fact that alot of countries and people want to hold on to their traditions.That doesn't make them Racist.Pop stars have worn Union Jack teeshirts and things.It doesn't make them racist.A lot of skinheads are not racist ,just look at the Ska band the Specials.They have black people in the band and sing anti racist songs.Loads of skinheads go to their concerts and surport what they say about anti racism.NME i just don't understand you.I'm a very anti racist myself.

I went to A Special's gig in Bournmouth last week.Yes alot of skinheads there dancing and singing along to their anti racist songs. I don't think i'll be buying this magazine.

it's unfair to think one or the other is telling the truth, really. it's also a little rude to take something Morrissey has said and then attempt to somehow cross-examine him in absentia, guilty by forfeit, off with his head.

Here is the truth. All of us believe what we want to, what we have some tendency to believe or want to believe, and that comes before we begin to gather our evidence for the reason why we believe this.

Therefore, it might be easy, based on what we have read, to somehow form the opinion that Morrissey is more likely to tell a lie than Johnny Marr is. That is fair enough if you believe it. The point is, it's not based on any real evidence. It's all impressions based on interviews and features and stories on people we don't know. I choose to believe Morrissey, because the truth in this case makes absolutely no difference at all to me, and I will choose Morrissey's side, right or wrong.

Ooooooh i can hardly wait to see what fake-morrissey thinks of this news item!

All the quotes from other artists come from a 2007 UNCUT article on the Smiths.

Morrissey is a racist. Its funny cos its true.

Re: Article: "The Smiths - Special Collectors' Magazine" from the makers of NME and U

All the quotes from other artists come from a 2007 UNCUT article on the Smiths.

Thanks Anonymous - good to see that the NME have their finger on the pulse.

I'm sure that someone will find a link of a dodgy download at some stage so we don't have to buy it :)

Dave

Got mine yesterday,its a fine magazine,worth the £4.99.

I heard that Morrissey's next record is going to be called White Response To The Negro Uprising.

Is NME doing this to try to make Morrissey to think twice about taking them to court? What a pathetic gesture! Down with NME!!

Re: Article: "The Smiths - Special Collectors' Magazine" from the makers of NME and U

The downright stupidity of some Morrissey fans, especially the diehards and superfans, is incredible. These morons go to great length to obtain a copy of this issue and make statements like "ahem, Johnny, with friends like you who needs enemies" when they f***wits just helped the NME to finance their lawyers in the libal case against Morrissey with the 4 Pounds something that they paid.

But go ahead, read your philosophers, write endless essays on whatever, suck cocks, have your brains f***ed out through your arses and repeat in endless dull stupidity "ohhhh, off to the naughty bench". Anybody with half a brain already knows anyway... you are utterly brainless.

And now, for the sake of it, disable the anonymous functionality. The dullards have a right to, you know, stay on their own.

oh my, we had Mojo, Q, and Rolling Stone special edition of The Smiths and Morrissey & the Lads[and a Manchester 2006 special with lots of the Smiths and Morrissey]me think not much is to say what allready has been published in those special editions above writtensave your money and buy a snickers bar

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom