Troxy v Academy

j funk

.co.uk
Can I have everyone's choices and reasons please?

I went for Academy tickets because I've had some good times there over the years and it's closer (silly I know). Also Troxy isn't really a gig venue, but on the other hand it is smaller and more intimate. Hmm, Troxy is a bit more cosy as well, decor wise, seems more fitting for a forum meetup.

Still, I really wish I'd got some for the Albert Hall. Bumped into a friend at another show there and you really could just chill at the bar and chat (when the crap acts were on) and it's such a beautiful place.

Last edited:
Troxy, as been to Brixton many times.

Plus its a short cab ride for me, even though its East London.

Brixton is a great booze up. (Love the irish boozer next to the old bill station)

I have 3 tickets. I might swap one for Troxy and go there on my own.

The Goose in Brixton was good. Lots of elderly black gentlemen playing dominoes. Now it's turned into Ivan's Retreat, really good place.

Wish I'd got for Albert Hall too, anyway I went for troxy because it's all pretty colours and it has carpet so when I fall down drunk it won't hurt as much :p Also because there's a nice Indian down that road and the stage is nice and low yet you still get a nice view. I don't visit that end of London often so it's an excuse and it's smaller. These are literally all of the reasons I can think of.

Do fancy Troxy now. Hope someone will be up for the swap.

Wish I'd got for Albert Hall too, anyway I went for troxy because it's all pretty colours and it has carpet so when I fall down drunk it won't hurt as much :p Also because there's a nice Indian down that road and the stage is nice and low yet you still get a nice view. I don't visit that end of London often so it's an excuse and it's smaller. These are literally all of the reasons I can think of.

sounds good,
im doing all of them *smug* and ive been severely warned about brixton :( so i wot be staying there, and the troxy, i have no idea where it even is but it looks fab and small. :)

I would have liked to attend the troxy gig but the Seetickets system kept twunting up my order. TicketWeb however went through like a breeze so I'm going to the Brixton Academy gig on the 28th May.

I would have liked to attend the troxy gig but the Seetickets system kept twunting up my order. TicketWeb however went through like a breeze so I'm going to the Brixton Academy gig on the 28th May.

I always forget about ticketweb, they are a great company, never had any problems with them. Wish I'd gone to them for mine now really, am worried, I don't trust see :pray:

well i am feeling quite smug this morning

Virgil Tracy has sorted me one standing ticket for RAH
This morning i got two standing for the Troxy
And just now two standing for Brixton on 29th

Very pleased!!

I first saw Morrissey in Brixton in 1991 so this is particularly special.

well i am feeling quite smug this morning

Virgil Tracy has sorted me one standing ticket for RAH
This morning i got two standing for the Troxy
And just now two standing for Brixton on 29th

Very pleased!!

I first saw Morrissey in Brixton in 1991 so this is particularly special.

I am smug too, but I'm happy to be, as I was gutted last week. me and MLE are going to Brixton, Troxy and Yarmouth (with a possibility of a box (!) at the royal albert hall, but that depends on my mum's friend's friend, so I'll keep hoping on that one.) It's also all around my birthday so May shoudl be good fun.
The bad news: my credit card hurts.
pps. now he's hoping he shows up for them all!

Went for Brixton ultimately because we couldn't get Troxy in presale at the time and I didn't want to have to go through the ticket scrum this morning

Also, am going to Salisbury the night before Troxy and didn't ideally want to do 2 nights running

I am smug too, but I'm happy to be, as I was gutted last week. me and MLE are going to Brixton, Troxy and Yarmouth (with a possibility of a box (!) at the royal albert hall, but that depends on my mum's friend's friend, so I'll keep hoping on that one.) It's also all around my birthday so May shoudl be good fun.
The bad news: my credit card hurts.
pps. now he's hoping he shows up for them all!

yep the nightmare of the roundhouse looms large - but at least this time he has given himself a few days off between gigs. Its all very exciting - I cant wait. Also - my sister lives in Galway - round the corner from the gig in April, I am trying to persuade Mrsc to let me go over there for that one too - currently negotiations not going so well.:(

Brixton is a great venue, the show there in 2002 was special. Couldn't resist Troxy though just for the novelty. Have to admit gone for all 3 thugh as I can never resist! Still thinking of doing the lot if I can!!

Does anyone think £100 from a tout will get me into the Apollo on the 22nd?

Brixton is a great venue, the show there in 2002 was special. Couldn't resist Troxy though just for the novelty. Have to admit gone for all 3 thugh as I can never resist! Still thinking of doing the lot if I can!!

Does anyone think £100 from a tout will get me into the Apollo on the 22nd?

face value minutes before the start.

Back
Top Bottom