TTY: Morrissey and Australia - on Australian government killing of 2 million street/feral cats

They render them into pet food. Cannibalism is perfectly acceptable for non-human animals. Right? What your Fluffy doesn't know won't hurt her.

And the Fine Young Cannibals are perfectly acceptable for human animals. Especially their tune "Cats Drive Me Crazy", which has been release in an effort to bring attention to the feral cat matter in Australia. :thumb:

Last edited:
I'm curious from a logistical standpoint, what do they do with them after they are killed? The thought crossed my mind of 2 million dead cats laying on the ground everywhere. That would be more of a health hazard one would think. One thing for sure is I would not like the job of Dead Cat Collector. Maybe they could round them all up pretending they are going to a Playtown and then incinerate them. Kind of eerily similar to a past atrocity.

Kangaroo meat is pretty popular here; often it's given to dogs as dog food but also sausages made out of it, etc. They're considered a pest to hunters and need culling.

Kangaroo meat is pretty popular here; often it's given to dogs as dog food but also sausages made out of it, etc. They're considered a pest to hunters and need culling.

I guess it would be like deer here on the East Coast of America. Their populations rise and hunters are contracted to cull their numbers. Although people eat deer meat, it is must not be popular given it is not on menus. Whether or not a person agrees with the killing at least the meat is not wasted. I have never seen Kangaroo on a menu here either come to think of it.

I guess it would be like deer here on the East Coast of America. Their populations rise and hunters are contracted to cull their numbers. Although people eat deer meat, it is must not be popular given it is not on menus. Whether or not a person agrees with the killing at least the meat is not wasted. I have never seen Kangaroo on a menu here either come to think of it.

I'm sure I once read that here in the UK Lidl the cost cutting store sold/sell kangaroo meat.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

They've been doing this with the fluoroacetate for many, many years on many, many species. Just because cats can be pets, and he has one, doesn't make it any more of a special case.[/QUOT

Once you have taken the time and made the effort to understand any creature it hurts to see others like them exterminated.

So then, it's about time to control the invasive human population.

Do cats really like little bells around their neck?

They like adornment, although my old Prussian blue drew the line at the collar and matching anklet. Bells, tags,tribal beads and rhinestone hearts yes, anklet, no.

Well done again Steven your a genius at getting media attention on the back of animals aren't you ?
Basically Jeremy Vine of BBC radio 2 has took the bait hook line and sinker mentioned Mr Morrissey over and over again discussing the culling of feral cats in Oz on the discussion section of his show, a point raised by Steven on fan website TTY.
Steven never even took part in the discussion ! Not even by phone line ! " I'd like to thank Morrissey " said Vine at the end of the discussion " but he didn't come in, I've never met him " and then we fade into the Morrissey song You have killed me.
Priceless exposure on the back of animals ! Guess who's performing in town and flogging tickets ? Anyone know ?

Note to Jeremy ! Next time get Brian May on the show (proper animal campainer)

CrankFraud strikes again.

You nailed it yet again benny

Well done again Steven your a genius at getting media attention on the back of animals aren't you ?
Bastyically Jeremy Vine of BBC radio 2 has took the bait hook line and sinker mentioned Mr Morrissey over and over again discussing the culling of feral cats in Oz on the discussion section of his show, a point raised by Steven on fan website TTY.
Steven never even took part in the discussion ! Not even by phone line ! " I'd like to thank Morrissey " said Vine at the end of the discussion " but he didn't come in, I've never met him " and then we fade into the Morrissey song You have killed me.
Priceless exposure on the back of animals ! Guess who's performing in town and flogging tickets ? Anyone know ?

Can anybody confirm if this tale is true or false.

Basically Jeremy Vine of BBC radio 2 has took the bait hook line and sinker mentioned Mr Morrissey over and over again discussing the culling of feral cats in Oz on the discussion section of his show, a point raised by Steven on fan website TTY.

There is no getting out of this one benny has him by the bollocks, check it out on BBC i-player

There is no getting out of this one benny has him by the bollocks, check it out on BBC i-player

Couldnt even be arsed to join in the debate by phoneline no doubt to busy getting ready for walking on red carpets later that evening. Animal friendly when it suites how many times do I have to expose him for being a CrankFraud ?
The silence of the fans is just as bad, turning a blind eye to his marketing gimmicks off the back of animals and their welfare.
Next time he chooses to sing a cover song I suggest ' the leader of the cranks '.
Animals have been his meal ticket for far to long now. So called Mr Fixit of the animals covered in jingle jangle jewellery !
Do me a favour !

New from The Guardian: Australia's government has formally responded to Morrissey's criticism of the planned feral cat cull (as well as comments from Brigitte Bardot) through threatened species commissioner Gregory Andrews.

In letters seen by Guardian Australia, Andrews tells both: “I would like to commend you for your commitment to, and advocacy for, animals and their welfare.”

Andrews adds, however, that feral cats are an invasive species responsible for the extinction of at least 27 Australian mammals, such as the lesser bilby, desert bandicoot and large-eared hopping-mouse.

“We don’t want to lose any more species like these,” he wrote. “It is with this sentiment in mind that the Australian government has taken a stance on feral cats; for the protection of our native species that belong here.”

The government considers feral cats to be the greatest threat to Australia’s small mammals, birds and lizards, with 124 endangered species at risk from predation. There is a rough estimate of 20 million feral cats in Australia. Each kills at least five animals a day. The government plans to reduce this number by 2 million by 2020 through trapping, shooting and a new poison bait.

[...]

Andrews said the RSPCA was involved in the process of the cull to ensure it was done humanely. He rejected Bardot’s argument that the feral cats could be desexed.

“Trapping, neutering and releasing 20 million cats would not be justifiable in terms of cost,” he said. “Also, we’d be releasing a predator that will kill five animals a day for the rest of its life. It’s not justifiable. We can’t accept feral cats as part of the Australian ecology because if we do then we accept the extinction of bilbies, bandicoots and numbats.

“I sleep very well at night knowing what we are doing. Australians support this. Brigitte Bardot and Morrissey have a lack of understanding of Australia and what we are losing. They aren’t Australians, they aren’t experiencing the extinction crisis we have here.”

The rest of the article can be read at the link above.

Last edited:
Guys, the suggestion about nuking Australia might, just might, have been an example of IRONY.

You're one of those people that gives the world the impression that Americans don't understand the meaning of the word "irony." I think you mean hyperbole or sarcasm.

The population of feral cats in Australia is being reduced because they are having devastating effects upon populations of valuable, rare, precious and endangered native bird life which are unique to Australia.
Morrissey, as is increasingly the case, has opened his big mouth without having the faintest clue what he is talking about. Australia is being governed by Australians who know what they are doing. It's unlikely they need advice from an endlessly publicity hungry, overgrown man-child pop star who cares more about feral cats than irreplaceable species of rare birds.
It's yet another case of Big Mouth strikes again. He should take a cue from the lyrics of How Soon Is Now and shut his big ignorant mouth for once.

The population of feral cats in Australia is being reduced because they are having devastating effects upon populations of valuable, rare, precious and endangered native bird life which are unique to Australia.
Morrissey, as is increasingly the case, has opened his big mouth without having the faintest clue what he is talking about. Australia is being governed by Australians who know what they are doing. It's unlikely they need advice from an endlessly publicity hungry, overgrown man-child pop star who cares more about feral cats than irreplaceable species of rare birds.
It's yet another case of Big Mouth strikes again. He should take a cue from the lyrics of How Soon Is Now and shut his big ignorant mouth for once.

unlikely to happen. moz knows everything about everything.
besides with the book flop and no recording contract there is not much else he can do.

Australia is being governed by Australians who know what they are doing.

That would make it the only country on the planet to be so lucky.

Whenever someone suggests that a country might not be quite right in its policies, some of its inhabitants automatically become defensive, elevating what they might otherwise have been uncertain about to being a self-evident truth.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom