TTY: Morrissey Band 2015

Re: Morrissey Band 2015 - TTY

Did he try to copy his own backdrop? :p

bruce-lee-veste-carreau.jpg

I read it i thought he was being more nasty than just shallow, but okey whatever don't want to fight. But can someone then explain to me Peter hogg :rofl: lapse of judgement, constantly being drunk, glaucoma?

PS. I don't want to start a disscusion but i dont think he is as shallow as he comes of in the book. I think he is more understanding than that

Morrissey and speedos, what?

Good God, you are really new to the game, aren't you? Here it is ...

tomorrowcover.jpg

Gustavo looks like he has down syndrome.

So, you say the above sentence about Gustavo but Moz is being shallow when he says "Gustavo will catch me in any fall, bringing me back to the point I had started from - I had known him for a lifetime after our first five-minute meeting, and the dead are dead, and the heart warms. Whenever I meet Gustavo we both automatically laugh because we both know that sooner or later one or both of us will say something funny, and human energy rings a timeless hum"? Yeah, I can see it now. It is totally about his looks. That he is a humorous guy doesn't come into it.

A national embarrassment !
Steve Barnett should get a knighthood for his service to the British music industry.
Well done Steve and Harvest records for having the courage to stand up and pull the plug on him and his piss poor follow up to Viva Hate.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Your flag... much like your witticism is absent in this post Benny the British Bitch!

You're substituting being clever for being intelligent. Yes, blah blah blah, play them all against each other... It only takes two interested potential buyers to make a very exciting bidding war. The problem is that two is the bare minimum. I think Morrissey is more likely to get a deal with someone who wants to, however briefly, have him on their label for purposes of image, or for the experience, but I don't think anyone is planning on buying a beach house in Malibu with the money they will make off of a Morrissey record.
Also, he went out of his way to have bad blood with Harvest but there must be more to it. I think people hear things and don't want the hassle of dealing with him.
I know you know how the Sex Pistols played the big record companies. It was brilliant. The difference is that they were the hottest band on the planet and everyone thought they could make a buck off of them before it was over. Morrissey is not the hottest thing going and odds are very good a record company will not recoup their investment on him or have a pleasant time dealing with him.

The Sex Pistols? More rubbish punk frauds. If you think Morrissey is f***ed when #VegaAnarchyInTheUK drops, wait and see what becomes of Lydon....

Ghost of BB Antwerp Stage 3 TDF

everyone knew you were tynamuna, it is no big surprise.

Hahahajajajajajs. Anonymouswithapolagies is not me. But he or she is a Lovely person understand My humor and i theirs. But better try next time. Who knows you might find evidence that i in fact shot jr.

everyone knew you were tynamuna, it is no big surprise.

this should be compliment, i think tynamuna is great!

now serious question for you, anonymous: what kind of amusement you find in spreading lies? i have no other answer to this but that you are paid from this forum for it, otherwise it is ill.

p.s. i wait for your answer.

Hahahajajajajajs. Anonymouswithapolagies is not me. But he or she is a Lovely person understand My humor and i theirs. But better try next time. Who knows you might find evidence that i in fact shot jr.

:rofl:

please, keep your spirit high, my dear :love:

p.s. i don't mind being off-topic since this place went to hell.

you must be a simpleton. maybe you should switch on fox news for 24/7 commentary in the tynamuna vein. she didnt simply criticized them she said they should have a belt around their mouth for their sensible commentary. she also called them devils a very isis like comment. im shocked she is being defended here by so called moz fans.
you are not going to sit here and criticize maher and stewart while remaining silent on that islam rubbish.

This is what i Said. Don't twist My words.

"You forgot one key diffrence between moz and maher. Maher is evil and harbors opinions that makes you weep for mankind. Any good cause he might support gets killed by the horrible opinions he harbors. He has the right to utter his opinions freely but i would still like to see him ducktaped around the mouth."

this should be compliment, i think tynamuna is great!

now serious question for you, anonymous: what kind of amusement you find in spreading lies? i have no other answer to this but that you are paid from this forum for it, otherwise it is ill.

p.s. i wait for your answer.

:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good God, you are really new to the game, aren't you? Here it is ...

tomorrowcover.jpg

Do you really think i have never seen this pic before. Its on My Wall!. Every morning i wake up to see it and say "well hello Morrissey is that a couple of gladiolus or are you just happy to see me"

Interesting discussion regarding the "out of print" World Peace.

For what it's worth, I absolutely love "World Peace Is None Of Your Business". Does it mean as much to me as the early Smiths albums that got me into Moz in the first place? Probably not quite. And I probably would put Vauxhall and maybe a few other solo efforts ahead of it as well.

However, it is my favorite of the four Moz albums released after his "comeback" (and I really like all four!) I think its a real "grower" that I got into more and more on each listen, and getting to see and hear the songs live at two concerts enhanced them even more. I especially like "The Bullfighter Dies", "Staircase at the University", "I'm Not A Man", "World Peace Is None of Your Business", "Istanbul", and "Earth Is the Loneliest Planet". And CLEARLY the album is better IMO than the vast majority of "new music" being made today.

I can understand Moz's frustration with Harvest and the modern music industry (even if attacking Barnett on multiple occasions probably isn't endearing him to other industry execs).

If this exact same album had come out in the 80's or 90's, videos would have been made as a matter of course. These videos would then have been shown on MTV's 120 Minutes, so fans (not just Moz fans but "alternative" fans) would know about the album's existence. But now, MTV doesn't even show videos! Then there would have been PHYSICAL single releases, on both CD and vinyl, with B-sides and cool artwork, easily found at Tower and Virgin (which sadly, also no longer exist).

Another problem is that what used to be a larger amount of "major" labels have all been bought up and "mergered" to the point where there are basically just a few multinational corporations controling the entire music business. Even a lot of the "indies" from the "golden age" of postpunk/alternative have suffered this fate.

So IMO, the lack of these things now (videos, singles, promotion) is less a reflection on the subjective "quality" of the album, and more to do with changes in the industry, changes for the worse from a Moz/traditionalist point of view.

But I do have something positive to say, and that is, for all the comments I have read in several threads like "Why is Moz touring an album that doesn't exist?" or "Why is Moz touring an album that can't be found?" Well, even if it is technically "out of print", it DOES exist, and it can be found pretty EASILY. New copies are still available at Amazon for just $11.49! :

http://www.amazon.com/World-Peace-N...keywords=world+peace+is+none+of+your+business

So anyone who wants a copy and has an Amazon account (or has a friend with an Amazon account) can easily get it. (most of the Amazon reviews are pretty positive, by the way)

I also see it new in "physical", "brick and mortar" stores from time to time, most recently just a few weeks ago at a Target (who, like Wal-mart and Best Buy, can't even be bothered to stock Moz and Smiths albums that ARE in print. These store generally only stock new releases of mostly "mainstream" artists, and some compilation CDs. If you are looking for "catalog" studio albums, even by "mainstream" artists - good luck! Such a sad state the record industry is in for those of us who like to shop for REAL, PHYSICAL releases).

Anyway, I agree with "ninetimesfined" who said:

Like you said, the labels probably consider it too soon for a reissue, especially with the album still readilly available at Amazon and some shops. After it COMPLETELY disappears and becomes scarce, Moz might have better luck getting it reissued by another label (I especially like ACTON's idea of a bonus DVD of one of the concerts)

As far as Moz releasing it himself, with the recording cost already paid and Moz owning the rights, he does seem to be missing some obvious sales opportunities by not pressing a few copies himself for sale at least at the merch table at his concerts. I've seen other artists with CDs for sale at their concerts. This would make a great "Tour Souvenir" for newbies who don't have the album yet, and Moz and the band would get all the money from these sales (whereas artists just get a small cut of the sales from "big label" releases).

Lastly, if Moz ever embraces independent distribution (as others have suggested with regards to "i-tunes"), I hope he never forgets those who want a REAL, PHYSICAL, CD release to proudly place in their collection next to his other CDs!

PS. Awesome choice of charities in "The Gentle Barn"!

Beautifully put! The record industry is spiraling downward and even the most popular artists aren't selling what they once did. Of course, the U2 giveaway that no one wanted is the best example. I think Morrissey's nostalgic viewpoint of pop music makes this even more difficult for him. He has always expected to be given a level of attention that matches his talent, and while we have all reconciled with the fact that talent and success are not accurately proportionate in pop music, it's obviously a more difficult issue for the person who is pouring his soul out into the record. I think that your suggestion of selling WPINOYB at the shows is a sound idea; however, I think that Morrissey would see that as a step backwards. He could sell signed copies which would add a great deal of sentimental value to them, but I'm still not sure if we will see that happen.

I also agree that WPINOYB is a very strong record. I was watching the video for "You're the One for Me Fatty" on VH1 Classic the other day and, while I love the song and think that Morrissey looks and sounds amazing, I can't understand how anyone could think that it is lyrically superior to "Drag the River", "Forgive Someone", "Istanbul", "Smiler with Knife", or "Mount Joy". On the flip side, I don't think that "Kiss Me a Lot" surpasses "Come Back to Camden", "Ive Changed My Plea to Guilty or "Break up the Family". The truth is that he always has a few songs on each record that just latch on to your heart forever, and WPINOYB is no different. I'm not really sure what people want from him at this point.

lynnda

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
tynamuna and apologies have total synchronicity and admiration for each other because, well, they are the same person.
post under one screen name and a second later self promotes under the second screen name. he/she is probably 'lynnda' as well.
its obvious to anyone because only tynamuna would find her posts funny since they anything but.

world peace already tanked once, nobody is interested in throwing away money.
moz is hardly all that talented. he cant write music, cant play an instrument and his singing is mostly an acquired taste at best off key singing at worst. the lyrics are mostly about the gay scence of 30 years ago.

tynamuna and apologies have total synchronicity and admiration for each other because, well, they are the same person.
post under one screen name and a second later self promotes under the second screen name. he/she is probably 'lynnda' as well.
its obvious to anyone because only tynamuna would find her posts funny since they anything but.

perspicacious.

and you are david tseng.

now move on.

Tynamuna utters things that many of us maintain and does it very well unlike you silly anonymous, why don't you find a better usage of your hands?

The Sex Pistols? More rubbish punk frauds. If you think Morrissey is f***ed when #VegaAnarchyInTheUK drops, wait and see what becomes of Lydon....

Ghost of BB Antwerp Stage 3 TDF

I don't see Lydon as a fraud at all. You're talking about someone that had a huge impact on music and culture, maybe not on the level of Elvis or the Beatles, but for a short time it was on that level. Have some respect. As for the exact charge of being a "punk fraud" that usually means that the person has somehow broken the rules of punk rock. Sounds like Bill Grundy asking "What did you do with the money?"

Maybe I misunderstand but whatever you're saying it doesn't matter. Lydon is untouchable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EGLwP2SO1A

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom