TTY: Warner UK - account not sanctioned by Morrissey

Warner UK - true-to-you.net
6 April 2016

A Smiths/Morrissey Google alerts/Twitter account has been opened by Warner UK. Morrissey would like to stress that this account has not been sanctioned by him and has no connection to him. Follow it at your peril.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
My intention wasn't to discredit Morrissey. It just caught me off guard to hear a vocal melody so clearly borrowed. Morrissey has 200+ (?) vocal melodies to his credit -- I guess that one time he just thought "I'll have that."

I know you didn't mean to discredit Morrissey. butley sort of implied that maybe it was a coincidence that the songs are similar and I was trying to counter that in a balanced way so that no one thought I was taking it up as a cause. It's no coincidence, and I think that whoever wrote The Cookies's song deserves a check, but at the same time it is a pretty widespread practice and I have mixed feelings about copyright law in songwriting.

I wouldn't say it pilfered the vocal melody but it is reminiscent certainly. Most pop songs can be compared to others. There are only 8 notes in a musical scale so it is mind blowing that people can come up with new stuff regularly.

Personally, I would prefer if he recorded more songs (even whole album) like Ganglord. It is a very obvious departure from his usual tunes and I like the darkness of the song.

No!! Was hoping to see Morrissey in concert again. Damn, he looks hot in that photo.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom