Venting / Frustrated

luvthe80s

Was wondering what your thoughts are regarding the lack of Morrissey new album releases. As we know, there are two completed. As I purchase music in store, on line and I review music blogs, I see the likes of New Order, OMD, U2 and many other great bands releasing new music or reissuing albums. As I mull over the music blogs and see what stuff is being produced and sending out to the music masses, I wonder, how is it possible that these bands or singers are releasing such mediocre or less than mediocre music and yet we languish with Moz not moving forward, or the Record Companies not releasing these two albums? Very sad indeed! I also wish Moz would reissue all his Morrissey albums in Vinyl so that we shouldn't pay for these exorbitant prices on Ebay and other sites. Again, just sighing, venting and wishing something better for 2024 with these two albums being held hostage and hopefully Morrissey Albums and Singles to be reissued.

Sleep Yawn GIF

Every tear drop is a waterfall, said Chris Martin laughing all the way to the bank

The 1st one hasn't be released because Morrissey signed an ill advised contract on the back of a fag packet with Capitol.
The 2nd one hasn't been released because no label will touch it.
There was talk about about a big reissue campaign but as he has no label that's not going to happen for some time yet.

I've been coming to this site for 5 years and I feel that a thread titled 'venting/frustrated' would have filled out alot quicker than this :lbf:

Can we make this the main page splash image of the website? It's highly representative.

pp.png

Was wondering what your thoughts are regarding the lack of Morrissey new album releases. As we know, there are two completed. As I purchase music in store, on line and I review music blogs, I see the likes of New Order, OMD, U2 and many other great bands releasing new music or reissuing albums. As I mull over the music blogs and see what stuff is being produced and sending out to the music masses, I wonder, how is it possible that these bands or singers are releasing such mediocre or less than mediocre music and yet we languish with Moz not moving forward, or the Record Companies not releasing these two albums? Very sad indeed! I also wish Moz would reissue all his Morrissey albums in Vinyl so that we shouldn't pay for these exorbitant prices on Ebay and other sites. Again, just sighing, venting and wishing something better for 2024 with these two albums being held hostage and hopefully Morrissey Albums and Singles to be reissued.
But New Order hasn't released a new album since 2015 and the album before that was 2005 and 2001 Get Ready before that. So in the last twenty two years they've released three albums.Compared to Morrissey they're lagging.

Aside from the above I'm frustrated with Morrissey's new music situation also and obviously on a professional note Gustav and Alain were too. Alain didn't sign up to be part of a band that records albums and doesn't release them. Morrissey isn't going to change his ways so don't hold your breath for BOT or WMWD.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom