What album are you listening to right now?

Listening to this while doing some cooking, and more than most albums, it transports me very vividly back to 1993-94.

Suede's 'Night Thoughts' album in celebration of the news that their new album 'The Blue Hour' will be released Sept 21st. Great news! 14 tracks to look forward to. I love the title.

Last edited:
Suede's 'Night Thoughts' album in celebration of the news that their new album 'The Blue Hour' will be released Sept 21st. Great news! 14 tracks to look forward to. I love the title.

I loved Bloodsports but didn't immediately get into Night Thoughts. Going to give it another go ... what are your favorite tracks?

I loved Bloodsports but didn't immediately get into Night Thoughts. Going to give it another go ... what are your favorite tracks?
My fav tracks are 'I don't know how to reach her' and 'Outsiders' and 'No Tomorrow' but I love them all. In concert they were even better again.

Felt the same and am a massive fan of the band and various offshoots. No tomorrow was my fav and great but the rest sorta fell flat for me. Didn’t dislike any of it but it also didn’t excite me

The new Suede single 'The Invisibles', from the upcoming new album 'The Blue Hour' out Sept 21st. Single is excellent of course!

Listening to 'Call The Comet' by Johnny Marr, which as far as I know was released yesterday or today. So far I'm noticing the similarities in musical style to The Smiths. For example the drums on 'The Tracers' is straight from 'The Queen Is Dead', and 'Hi Hello' is basically 'There Is A Light' via 'Dancing Barefoot' by Patty Smith. I'm liking the album so far, more so the first half than the second half. Full album is on spotify.

My favourite songs so far: The Tracers, Hi Hello, A Different Gun

F5069F4F-FC04-4F91-9ACD-A17F415222A8.jpeg

Listening to 'Call The Comet' by Johnny Marr, which as far as I know was released yesterday or today. So far I'm noticing the similarities in musical style to The Smiths. For example the drums on 'The Tracers' is straight from 'The Queen Is Dead', and 'Hi Hello' is basically 'There Is A Light' via 'Dancing Barefoot' by Patty Smith. I'm liking the album so far, more so the first half than the second half. Full album is on spotify.

My favourite songs so far: The Tracers, Hi Hello, A Different Gun

God, I just love "Call the Comet"! I've been listening to it non-stop for 2 weeks. I think A Different Gun is the best track on the album, but so many are great: Rise, Hey Angel, Hi Hello, Walk into the Sea, Actor Attractor, My Eternal

Back
Top Bottom