What does Morrissey tell himself

The Seeker of Good Songs

...when he sees contest winners and manufactured bands selling out arenas and selling millions of recordings yet he can not keep a record deal and can barely sell an album lately?
Is he in his own world and doesn't care or is this why he is on the many medications he wishes he wasn't on?
Is he taking bad advice or is the problem that he doesn't take advice? Is he surrounding himself with the wrong people or has no people?
What leverage does he have in getting a new record deal?

I think he knows that he has respect and loyality whereas those who are overhyped and have the music mags up their backside have none.

Morrissey has achieved stay in the business more than 25 years which explains alot.
He's getting younger fans through Smiths and new stuff.

I think he knows that he has respect and loyality whereas those who are overhyped and have the music mags up their backside have none.

Do you think he ever asks hisself "why them and not me?" though?

Morrissey has achieved stay in the business more than 25 years which explains alot.
He's getting younger fans through Smiths and new stuff.

others have done that and aren't record label hopping. The Cure, Depeche Mode, Leonard Cohen just some that I could think of quickly

Do you think he ever asks hisself "why them and not me?" though?

I think he knows why....it's a media game and he refuses to play.
hence the respect and love he gets. The others last only a few years or are completely void of any sense of reality or good songs (plastic prostitute Madonna)

He's doing fine but he was really angry with radio one for saying he was too old for their listeners even though they play Jacksona and Madonna.:sick:

He tells himself "The world is full of crashing bores." :thumb:

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!

moznmoz.jpg

Maybe theres' some essential piece of information I'mm missing but I was under the impression that it was Morrissey who was always terminating contracts with whoever it was at the time.
Even now, he does enough business, and he certainly sells enough tickets when he tours, to be of interest to any number of companies. During the Smiths days he repeatedly became annoyed or dissastisfied with producers or whatever. He's made a number of comments in interviews about this. I actually think he even said that he's a difficult act to manage. I wouldn't be surprised if the wrong comment, or some other little thing would drive him to terminate the relationship. So, ultimately, I think thats' up to him.
As for whats' in the charts, well that's all shit because music is dead.
Even if Miley Cyrus sells a lot of records I don't see why Moz should be concerned because he actually has substance.
As for slumps in sales, recently he released Swords and the dubiously titled "Greatest Hits" with material virtually all of his fans already have. The last two albums, RoT, and especially YoR have been weak compared to blockbusters like Viva Hate or Vauxhall. Again, that is under his control. Is he going to be a little more "Your Arsenal" or a little more "Southpaw"? Time will tell.

Maybe he gets really crabby and tells himself mean things then later feels bad but still a little bit frustrated but frustrated enough to not have make-up non-sex.

Maybe theres' some essential piece of information I'mm missing but I was under the impression that it was Morrissey who was always terminating contracts with whoever it was at the time.
Even now, he does enough business, and he certainly sells enough tickets when he tours, to be of interest to any number of companies. During the Smiths days he repeatedly became annoyed or dissastisfied with producers or whatever. He's made a number of comments in interviews about this. I actually think he even said that he's a difficult act to manage. I wouldn't be surprised if the wrong comment, or some other little thing would drive him to terminate the relationship. So, ultimately, I think thats' up to him.
As for whats' in the charts, well that's all shit because music is dead.

Even if Miley Cyrus sells a lot of records I don't see why Moz should be concerned because he actually has substance.
As for slumps in sales, recently he released Swords and the dubiously titled "Greatest Hits" with material virtually all of his fans already have. The last two albums, RoT, and especially YoR have been weak compared to blockbusters like Viva Hate or Vauxhall. Again, that is under his control. Is he going to be a little more "Your Arsenal" or a little more "Southpaw"? Time will tell.
Word to this. Triple word score.

Back
Top Bottom