What does your musical taste reveal about you?

Musley

wild and free
Just seen this article on the BBC website.

Musical tastes and personality type are closely related, according to a study of more than 36,000 people from around the world.

The research, which was carried out by Professor Adrian North of Heriot-Watt University, is said to be the largest such study ever undertaken.

The outcomes were as follows:

BLUES High self-esteem, creative, outgoing, gentle and at ease

JAZZ High self-esteem, creative, outgoing and at ease

CLASSICAL MUSIC High self-esteem, creative, introvert and at ease

RAP High self-esteem, outgoing

OPERA High self-esteem, creative, gentle

COUNTRY AND WESTERN Hardworking, outgoing

REGGAE High self-esteem, creative, not hardworking, outgoing, gentle and at ease

DANCE Creative, outgoing, not gentle

INDIE Low self-esteem, creative, not hard working, not gentle

BOLLYWOOD Creative, outgoing

ROCK/HEAVY METAL Low self-esteem, creative, not hard-working, not outgoing, gentle, at ease

CHART POP High self-esteem, not creative, hardworking, outgoing, gentle, not at ease

SOUL High self-esteem, creative, outgoing, gentle, at ease

Musical tastes and personality type are closely related, according to a study of more than 36,000 people from around the world.

The research, which was carried out by Professor Adrian North of Heriot-Watt University, is said to be the largest such study ever undertaken.

REGGAE High self-esteem, creative, not hardworking, outgoing, gentle and at ease

ROCK/HEAVY METAL Low self-esteem, creative, not hard-working, not outgoing, gentle, at ease

CHART POP High self-esteem, not creative, hardworking, outgoing, gentle, not at ease

this thing is f***ing retarded.

I heard this today, it sounds like all bollocks though, it's terribly stereotypical and people like all different types of music... I like most of those musics, contradictory.

Hmmm...if someone like all of them, how the professor would describe his/her personality? :p

Hmmm...if someone like all of them, how the professor would describe his/her personality? :p

Well I only really like Indie so that means I have low self esteem, am creative, not hard working and not gentle. That's not me at all so I think it's a load of rubbish!

Well I only really like Indie so that means I have low self esteem, am creative, not hard working and not gentle. That's not me at all so I think it's a load of rubbish!

I like Indie too, and I'd say some of that's about right (creative and low self-esteem, mainly :D), but not gentle?!

My considered opinion is that that is all proper balls.

I'm extremely pleased to note that "PUNK" was not a category in this stupid study. Shows that there may yet be something unsettling about punk-- or at any rate unsettling enough for an academic, a smaller but no less satisfying triumph.

I like a few of the styles mentioned, and when listed all at once, they contradict each other. High self esteem and low self esteem. Not gentle, gentle etc.

But there may be some truth in it if you think of what mood you are usually in when you choose to listen to the different types.

I'm extremely pleased to note that "PUNK" was not a category in this stupid study. Shows that there may yet be something unsettling about punk-- or at any rate unsettling enough for an academic, a smaller but no less satisfying triumph.

I thought punk should be a category as well.

This is what I think of my music choices:
I'm f***ing crazy because I enjoy the Jonas Brothers, yet I absolutely adore Morrissey/The Smiths at the same time.

See? Crazy. None of that mumbo-jumbo. just plain crazy stupid tastes.

Sooo what do you do when you listen to almost all it in equal balances?

Back
Top Bottom