whats safer-TIXS HELD AT BOXOFFICE OR let it get DISPATCH it(for non UK customers)

sistasheila

tjekket
i phoned seetickets yesterday and they told me they do send out but only a A FEW WEEKS PRIOR TO THE EVENT-not earlier!"Tixs held at box office"is possible but you have to phone them to arrange THATthat they dont do that automatic-

the postal service in germany screwed me up quite a lot since and also had problems with the UK there were a lot of postal strikes so the few ebaystuff i bought the last month did come very slowly one took 2 month(the stamp was postmarked 15th september) so i think that the tixs will be held at the box office will be safer

i did i talked to a seeticketsemployee and she told me that there was quite a few tickets dispatched outside the UK that did get lost even when there is no strike

the problem even if its a sign in they only can track and trace it as long as its in britain outside its the responsibility of the own postal office of your c homecountry (and i had bad experiences with the german postal service also(received empty envelopes,two package dissapeared,and or long delays in receiving items-so it didnt have necessarly to do with the UK postal service but with the service of your own country)
even if its sign in doesnt assure a secure receive of the item only thatthe person have a assurement who sent it out actually do sent it out

to make a long story short
my Question is : is this !"tixs held at box office" really relieable i know it worked with Ticketmaster since the europeans did get their tixs at the US-box office month ago but i wonder whats your experiences with seetickets..i mean they wont sent it out the next days anyway but only sometimes in january...yes it would be nice to already have the tixs when i travel to london but when i have to wait for the postal arrivial and the tixs wont arrive in time before i leave-i wont be home the last 2 days prior to the 1st concert before anyway.-but already on my way-sinxce i take the bus to london..I guess "pick them up a the box office will be safer?

did anyone who is not from the UK and bought their tixs at seetickets got screwed aka didnt get their tixs hand out a the box office ?

so there as too much anxiety if i do let the tixs get dispatch to me

(note to the french guy who wonder about if tseetickets sent out- they do (llike mentioned above) bu tyou ve got quite a lot strikes also at post offices i would suggest that at least any french customer should choose "held tixs at box office" cause if there are in strike you cant do anything to get your items :so to have the tixs get held at the box office you have tp phone seetickets and telll them the reference number at everything hopefully turns out fine-hopefully????

@ HEAD
well then i am a drama queen -I couldnt care less :p
sorry iam in a bitchy mood today :)
of course i answered the question myself which one is safer
i phrased the title of the thread wrong(but i realised it whenit was alreday too late-aka already sent)

what i ACTUALLY wanted to know is anybody who is not from the UK are required to share their experiences with seetickets

and they have...
and now i know thast they dont ship outside the UK even i ve received another info...but thanks for the help its much appreciated!

Last edited:
Re: whats safer-TIXS HELD AT BOXOFFICE OR let it get DISPATCH it(for non UK customers

If I were you, I would let them hold the tix at the box office.
To me that seems the safest option.
And to be honest, I think you already answer your own question in your post. ;)

Ich kann mir total vorstellen daß du nervös bist aber alles wird klappen! :)

Re: whats safer-TIXS HELD AT BOXOFFICE OR let it get DISPATCH it(for non UK customers

sistasheila, you're in grave danger of being nominated Drama Queen of the Year. If you're at all worried about the postal service, then haven't you answered your own question?

I'm in Ireland and Seetickets won't post standing tickets outside the UK to me, so I have to collect them at the box office. If you just ring +44 115 912 9000and they'll arrange the box office collection there.

Last year I bought two Wembley tickets at seetickets and a few weeks before the show they sent me a mail asking me to pick them up at box offices the day of the event cause there were no time enough to send them to Spain. So don't worry that way! They're reliable and everything will be OK ;)

This way, Seetickets make even more profits because they do not send the tickets and they never give refunds for the shipping cost you've paid.

Oh me, Oh my, Joe Dolan is right.
Just called Seetickets and they confirmed non-UK addresses need to be picked up at the box office. They will ask for your order reference number and surname for confirmation.
Nice staff :)

I think the time is right for seetickets to start offering these e-tickets that you can print at home.
Less stress, less heartattacks. :p

But what about gigsandtours.com? They'll ship the tickets to non-Uk countries won't they?

I learnt two things today:

1. Seetickets = Gigsandtours
2. Tix are not sent outside the UK - even if your confirmation mail states otherwise

From seetix FAQ:
I live outside the UK. Will you mail my tickets to me?
It is not always possible to post tickets overseas. You will need to collect them at the venue, if:
- the tickets would normally be despatched by secure mail (£4.80 transaction fee), or
- the event is less than 20 days away.

In these circumstances, or if you have requested to collect your tickets from the venue, they are available for collection one hour prior to the start of the performance. Please take the card you booked with, and quote your reference number when you collect your tickets.

This way, Seetickets make even more profits because they do not send the tickets and they never give refunds for the shipping cost you've paid.

I complained about this before and they stated that they still have to send the tickets within the UK, therefore the shipping costs. Greedy buggers!! :rolleyes:

I learnt two things today:

1. Seetickets = Gigsandtours
2. Tix are not sent outside the UK - even if your confirmation mail states otherwise

From seetix FAQ:
I live outside the UK. Will you mail my tickets to me?
It is not always possible to post tickets overseas. You will need to collect them at the venue, if:
- the tickets would normally be despatched by secure mail (£4.80 transaction fee), or
- the event is less than 20 days away.

In these circumstances, or if you have requested to collect your tickets from the venue, they are available for collection one hour prior to the start of the performance. Please take the card you booked with, and quote your reference number when you collect your tickets.

But you can't pick them up before 7 pm or so right? Which means you'll have to watch the concert from a crappy spot :(

good lord! I am pretty sure that in NY they called folks over to give tickets just before they let the line in. One would think they would have the good sense to do that at Roundhouse.

The whole postal thing makes me much more nervous for some reason...

But you can't pick them up before 7 pm or so right? Which means you'll have to watch the concert from a crappy spot :(

The box office at the Roundhouse opens at 11am, so I suppose the tix can be picked up from that time.

The box office at the Roundhouse opens at 11am, so I suppose the tix can be picked up from that time.

sehen wir uns in london?

lg
toni aus Ö

How lovely that they open early! yes,yes...

und halt mit dem Deutsch Unsinn ;) hmm...I really need to practise some Deutsch soon :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom