Who is Carol...any ideas?

I believe she married this man named Mike. Together they formed a family.

E_CarolBrady_325.jpg

I believe she married this man named Mike. Together they formed a family.

I loved this show when I was a kid. Everyday after school my brother and I would each eat a bowl of Charles Chips and drink a bottle of Coke (the refundable glass bottle version)

A few years ago he sent me the complete DVD set. My kids actually like the show too.

Federico Garcia Lorca

I can get from Federico Garcia Lorca to Morrissey in two steps.

There is an opera about Lorca's life, called, "Ainadamar." It was composed by Osvaldo Golijov. Golijov collaborated with Gustavo Santaolalla on a project called "Ayre," which is a double set of folksongs from all around the world. And, of course, Santaolalla collaborated with Morrissey on... I forget what. Children in Pieces? Anyway. Two steps.

you are sooo way late on this joke dude.

just sayin.

I am trying to make an effort to posting in General Discussion for once. that does not mean I am reading every little thing there.

Nice work :)

Oh thx mate. I'm not sure whether my effort holds water to your claim but you're absolutely right that the pic is one of the best smiths sleeve pics never used. I only spent about ten minutes on it but you get the idea :D

Oh thx mate. I'm not sure whether my effort holds water to your claim but you're absolutely right that the pic is one of the best smiths sleeve pics never used. I only spent about ten minutes on it but you get the idea :D

I miss those great 12 "sleeves :(

I can get from Federico Garcia Lorca to Morrissey in two steps.

There is an opera about Lorca's life, called, "Ainadamar." It was composed by Osvaldo Golijov. Golijov collaborated with Gustavo Santaolalla on a project called "Ayre," which is a double set of folksongs from all around the world. And, of course, Santaolalla collaborated with Morrissey on... I forget what. Children in Pieces? Anyway. Two steps.

Cool. It's like Vegetarian 6 degrees without the Bacon!

Is "Carol" About Kristeen Young?

Granted, she's not dead, but she was born in 1975, and one could imagine the jist of her relationship with Morrissey being peppered with dialog like the kind in the lyrics to Carol. Older, jaded male mentor to younger, jaded female protege...

You've also got the duo-syllabic, starting with hard-k sound names...

I'm just saying.

Last edited:
Re: Is "Carol" About Kristeen Young?

Kristeen Young. At least, I hope so. She was born in 1975, she has a pasty face, and I'm sure she's as good as dead to Morrissey.

Granted, she's not dead, but she was born in 1975, and one could imagine the jist of her relationship with Morrissey being peppered with dialog like the kind in the lyrics to Carol. Older, jaded male mentor to younger, jaded female protege...

You've also got the duo-syllabic, starting with hard-k sound names...

I'm just saying.

You are not the only one, Comtesse already pointed out earlier.

Maybe Carol was a part of Morrissey who no longer exists.:confused:

I still would argue that she's just a character in the made-up story that is this song, but I was almost persuaded by the Kristeen Young argument. But on further consideration, I'd have to say it's most likely not KY, since the narrator of the song seems quite sympathetic to "Carol" and my impression is that Moz would tend not to have quite so kind a word for KY.

--jeniphir

i really like this song..hope he plays it on the Uk tour ...very intrigued about it as well

this is what morrissey himself said in an recent interview about it:

(...)
Q: "When last I spoke to Carol" from your new album;on that song you sing "When last I spoke to Carol". With that change of the word`s position, which you dont recognize at first,, but then cant get you out of your head. Thats a quite formal English. The language of traditional folk ballads?

A:It means nothing.. "When last I spoke to carol" just flows better.
I achieve through the inversion that myself, the "I" lose some of its meaning.
At that moment,when "I"last spoke to Carol,it is not about "me".
But lets just get back to what you just said.
If you get that association "syntax of an english folk song" that`s fine.
Your Observation is better than any explanation I could give you.

(...)

I have a friend is Toronto called Carol. It can't be about her since Moz isn't liking Canada these days.

Back
Top Bottom