Worst Michael Jackson Single

I don't think it's that Gus assumes that any subsequent lover he takes will be killed. I just meant that he has a single purpose. Any distraction from that will knock him off course. He is like a machine. No emotion. No vulnerability. No human trace left.

I truly think that had Walt not seen that Charlie Rose clip on the bar TV randomly, he would indeed have gone through with giving himself up after his call to Flynn. He had been defeated. His own son told him to get f***ed. He had nothing. He had failed.

Then, the interview with the Schwartzes...pissing on the last smoldering embers of pride he had left. The piss had a gasoline effect and he exploded back to life with renewed vigor. To me it was totally natural, totally believable that he had changed course in defeat and then, triggered by his name being shit on, changed back stronger than ever.

I don't love the keys falling out of the visor, nor do I believe he could have made it to Albuquerque in that car which would CERTAINLY have had an APB on it, but...maybe I need to suspend disbelief. Maybe it really do be dat way sometimes.

I haven’t watched this show yet but my big plan is to wait until it’s 7-9 years old, then when i finally feel like watching it and want to talk to someone about it, there won’t be anyone to talk to about it. This is how i watch any shows i watch. Do not recommend.

I haven’t watched this show yet but my big plan is to wait until it’s 7-9 years old, then when i finally feel like watching it and want to talk to someone about it, there won’t be anyone to talk to about it. This is how i watch any shows i watch. Do not recommend.
Don't worry, it's not as good as these overly invested bozos are making it out to be. And I LOVE Saul.

People are still talking about Breaking Bad, though. The problem you may face is that you will be discussing it with people that have rewatched it twenty times.

I don't think it's that Gus assumes that any subsequent lover he takes will be killed. I just meant that he has a single purpose. Any distraction from that will knock him off course. He is like a machine. No emotion. No vulnerability. No human trace left.

I truly think that had Walt not seen that Charlie Rose clip on the bar TV randomly, he would indeed have gone through with giving himself up after his call to Flynn. He had been defeated. His own son told him to get f***ed. He had nothing. He had failed.

Then, the interview with the Schwartzes...pissing on the last smoldering embers of pride he had left. The piss had a gasoline effect and he exploded back to life with renewed vigor. To me it was totally natural, totally believable that he had changed course in defeat and then, triggered by his name being shit on, changed back stronger than ever.

I don't love the keys falling out of the visor, nor do I believe he could have made it to Albuquerque in that car which would CERTAINLY have had an APB on it, but...maybe I need to suspend disbelief. Maybe it really do be dat way sometimes.
I saw that key in the visor thing on some other show, too. I would like to have seen how he drove to the cabin, got the money and got a car, too. I would like to have seen how Jesse was able to open the door to that pit, too. But I kind of think that after the train robbery they felt confident no one was going to ask questions anymore.

I saw that key in the visor thing on some other show, too. I would like to have seen how he drove to the cabin, got the money and got a car, too. I would like to have seen how Jesse was able to open the door to that pit, too. But I kind of think that after the train robbery they felt confident no one was going to ask questions anymore.
OK question. What was worse, the train robbery or the magnet truck?

OK question. What was worse, the train robbery or the magnet truck?
Finding out where to use the magnet and then getting away is pretty a amazing. I think that is why I usually just accept that stuff. I read about a list of scientific claims made in Breaking Bad that have been debunked. The dissolving bathtub was mentioned, and I decided I don’t want to read it.

I am more bothered by Hank being in the high school lab looking at the inventory, knowing there is a new cook, having recently shown Walt a lab, etc, and not getting the picture. Later, he knows Jesse and Walt are hanging out, knows Jesse is attached to the motor home lab, and somehow Jesse escapes because of a hoax phone call that requires knowing about Hank’s wife and his phone number. Hank was blind to all of that because he had a false impression of Walt and that is believable to a point but I think it comes down to how many episodes are left and how do they get to the general idea of how things end.

As for the final episodes I really don’t want a retelling of Breaking Bad. I think some of that could be fun but I really want more of Gene. Now that he is on such thin ice and has been identified I think the stakes are higher than ever and it seems there is no one he can call. People speculate he goes to prison but that doesn’t feel like a satisfying end.

The last two episodes of Better Call Saul have brilliantly confounded my expectations. I was certain that Lalo's revenge and Kim's departure would take the last six episodes to resolve, but the writers cleared the table in two episodes. Which leaves us four episodes, about which nobody has any idea what to expect. Even though according the internet sleuths there's still apparently three years between Saul waking up in his pimp mansion at the end of BCS6ep9 and BB's events beginning, is there any story left to be told in that timeline? I don't think so. So I for one am really excited about what might come next. We haven't seen the end of Kim yet though, of that I am certain. The time leap was effective, because it was so jarring, but it deprived Kim of her deserved goodbye scene. I trust Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould to give Kim a proper exit.

@Fake C

Finding out where to use the magnet and then getting away is pretty a amazing. I think that is why I usually just accept that stuff. I read about a list of scientific claims made in Breaking Bad that have been debunked. The dissolving bathtub was mentioned, and I decided I don’t want to read it.

I am more bothered by Hank being in the high school lab looking at the inventory, knowing there is a new cook, having recently shown Walt a lab, etc, and not getting the picture. Later, he knows Jesse and Walt are hanging out, knows Jesse is attached to the motor home lab, and somehow Jesse escapes because of a hoax phone call that requires knowing about Hank’s wife and his phone number. Hank was blind to all of that because he had a false impression of Walt and that is believable to a point but I think it comes down to how many episodes are left and how do they get to the general idea of how things end.

As for the final episodes I really don’t want a retelling of Breaking Bad. I think some of that could be fun but I really want more of Gene. Now that he is on such thin ice and has been identified I think the stakes are higher than ever and it seems there is no one he can call. People speculate he goes to prison but that doesn’t feel like a satisfying end.

I loved the Lydia character and I think her end was perfect.

Someone on Reddit was an extra (they claim) or a set-hand or something and said that the last few episodes all feature cars from the post BB era. So I'm sure there will be more Gene, and I agree that's a very enticing prospect.

I loved the magnet thing, but it was a little silly. I just think that after the Walt/Gus face-off, the writers had to really ramp things up and the magnet episode came precariously close to a shark jump. But didn't Mythbusters prove it was at least plausible?

I agree with everything you're saying about Hank, but to me that's all fixed by the fact that Hank really wasn't that smart. And again, as you noted, his vision of Walt was so affixed to a notion of a milquetoast, henpecked Walter Mitty that no amount of Batman-level intuition could have changed that.

I, also, love Lydia. I adore Lydia. Didn't, though, love the Stevia ending thing; there's no way he could have gotten a capsule of ricin into a packet, make it appear untampered with, known EXACTLY what table she'd sit at (even if she had a favorite table, as may diner regs do, it's not like those places take reservations. Plus how did he know which exact packet she'd choose?)...but yeah. Overall, a great comeuppance.

I feel like (and maybe this will still happen) we need to see more of her/Madrigal now that the lab is back to being greenlit. Otherwise, adding her to the show a few seasons back was kind of a dickpull.

I hear you, but I think that the scene where she lies to Mrs. Hamlin off the cuff, totally natural, totally convincing, illustrated to both the audience, to Saul, and to herself how truly inexorably she'd morphed into a deceitful, self-serving, manipulative fiend. She knew at that point that it was get out or go down forever. She chose to get out and she knew that would involve leaving not only her practice but also Saul, who -as she confessed- created a lethal alchemy with her in regard to their minds being as one, and what they were capable of together. I saw her abrupt exit as totally understandable given those circumstances.
My thoughts exactly. For me the coup de grâce was what Kim did after inventing that lie about coming across Howard snorting cocaine one night late in the office. She softens up and appears to comfort the widow by saying that she might have been wrong, after all the widow lived with Howard, so she must have known if he had a drug problem. However, the Hamlins have been having marital trouble and Howard has been living in the guest house. Kim knows this because Howard told about it on his last night, but the widow doesn't know that Kim knows it, so the comforting part is very cruel manipulation which adds guilt to the widow's grief. This really is Kim's low point and she knows it, so she must walk away in order to preserve anything of her true nature.

He knew her table and there was only one packet of Stevia. Tampering with and resealing the packet would be easy compared to other things he has done. I think I would buy a box or two and practice steaming them. But for all we know he may have stopped by the Stevia plant on his way back to New Mexico and picked up some unsealed empties.

People steam open envelopes. A Stevia packet is more fragile but you only need one, Of course she will notice if it’s discolored but all of that is just a matter of having enough to start with that you get one right.

I love that they show her put it in her tea and go closeup on it dissolving. It’s like, “are you seeing this?” But the first time it’s just a cool visual. Next time you watch you see it, and you can react based on however that makes you feel.

Was she wrong to want Mike dead? No. He almost killed her over a mistake, the tagged barrel.Her mistake was sending the goons to scare Skyler and assuming Walt was out of the picture. She really should have never gone to the car wash, either. I actually liked her and respected how intelligent she was. She just got greedy but I can’t blame her for that, either. She could have become a billionaire if that international arrangement kept working.

As far as story problems the idea that Walt was the only one that could get that purity was a big problem, especially when Jesse learned to come very close.

He knew her table and there was only one packet of Stevia. Tampering with and resealing the packet would be easy compared to other things he has done. I think I would buy a box or two and practice steaming them. But for all we know he may have stopped by the Stevia plant on his way back to New Mexico and picked up some unsealed empties.

People steam open envelopes. A Stevia packet is more fragile but you only need one, Of course she will notice if it’s discolored but all of that is just a matter of having enough to start with that you get one right.

I love that they show her put it in her tea and go closeup on it dissolving. It’s like, “are you seeing this?” But the first time it’s just a cool visual. Next time you watch you see it, and you can react based on however that makes you feel.

Was she wrong to want Mike dead? No. He almost killed her over a mistake, the tagged barrel.Her mistake was sending the goons to scare Skyler and assuming Walt was out of the picture. She really should have never gone to the car wash, either. I actually liked her and respected how intelligent she was. She just got greedy but I can’t blame her for that, either. She could have become a billionaire if that international arrangement kept working.

As far as story problems the idea that Walt was the only one that could get that purity was a big problem, especially when Jesse learned to come very close.
Poor Victor.

Tonight’s episode stressed me out.

And Marion saying that Jeff was involved with a bad crowd in Albuquerque makes me think this may not be over.

It is truly annoying that here in Finland the new BCS episodes are released a day late. Because they have to fill in the subtitles, probably. Avoiding spoilers is annoying.

It is truly annoying that here in Finland the new BCS episodes are released a day late. Because they have to fill in the subtitles, probably. Avoiding spoilers is annoying.
I will keep that in mind. Hope you enjoy this episode.

Back
Top Bottom