Your 10 least favourite Morrissey tracks

I seem to be to be the only who has included Who Will Protect Us From the Police, yet several others have chosen I’m Not Sorry. Some even Certain People I Know, others Carol.

It’s criminal! Where’s the police?!

Only including released songs. And in no particular order.

Kiss Me A Lot

WPINOYB

The Girl From…

When You Open…

Who Will Protect Us…?

I am Not a Dog…

Ruth

Kick the Bride…

Love Is On…

Neal Cassady…

I’m with Aubrey. The JC era is simply not very good.
You nailed it.

Can we talk about Found and Tony, please? There is plenty from WPINOYB and LIHS missing on your list.

I forgot about Oh Phoney and Journalists Who Lie. They might be worse than Tony, but they're not as awful as Found. That period in between Stephen Street and Whyte/Boorer was very hit or miss, and many of the misses are bad indeed.

I actually like most of the songs on World Peace; it's the production that ruins it. So bombastic, with lasers and explosions and record scratching everywhere, and everything is absurdly multi-layered. I love Kick the Bride in its basics, but musically it's like they tried to cram five songs into one. Staircase seems to be the only song that survived that ambitious process.

In no particular order - my top 10 utter stinkers:
1 - Notre Dame
2 - The Kid's a Looker
3 - People Are the Same Everywhere
4 - This Song Doesn't End When It's Over
5 - I'm Not Sorry
6 - Who Will Protect Us From the Police
7 - The Harsh Truth of the Camera Eye
8 - All the Young people Must Fall in Love
9 - World Peace is None of Your Business
10 - You Should Have Been Nice to Me

What do people dislike about I’m Not Sorry? Always been in my top 10 favourites, especially the M in Manchester version.

What do people dislike about I’m Not Sorry?
Personally I just find it boring. Very slow pace easy listening/elevator music - complete with flute solo for God's sake - with nothing particularly interesting happening melodically or lyrically. Every time I listen to it, I feel like I might accidentally slip into a coma. It's only the occasional submarine radar 'ping' that keeps my consciousness from slipping below the waterline.
:sleeping:

The only songs that are truly abhorrent that come to mind immediately are Who Will Protect Us From The Police?, All The Young People Must Fall In Love and People Are The Same Everywhere.

Long titles = bad!

Papa Jack
He Cried
Sorrow Will Come in the End
Journalists Who Lie
I Bury the Living
Who Will Protect Us From the Police?
Notre Dame
The Kid’s A Looker
Lover-To-Be
This Song Doesn’t End When It’s Over

Last edited:
Mine is entirely from the J.C. era, except for two tracks from Kill Uncle.

All the Young People Must Fall in Love
Darling, I Hug a Pillow
Earth Is the Loneliest Planet
Found Found Found
I Am Not a Dog on a Chain
Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage
Knockabout World
The Secret of Music
Spent the Day in Bed
Tony the Pony
What's the jc era??

I forgot about Oh Phoney and Journalists Who Lie. They might be worse than Tony, but they're not as awful as Found. That period in between Stephen Street and Whyte/Boorer was very hit or miss, and many of the misses are bad indeed.

I actually like most of the songs on World Peace; it's the production that ruins it. So bombastic, with lasers and explosions and record scratching everywhere, and everything is absurdly multi-layered. I love Kick the Bride in its basics, but musically it's like they tried to cram five songs into one. Staircase seems to be the only song that survived that ambitious process.
Staircase is brilliant but unnecessarily prolonged by JC and production gimmicks that it almost loses its charm in the end. Unfortunately I can't see Mark Nevin as negatively as you do. "Perfect" and "Goodbye my love" had to catch Morrissey's interest. "Found" is almost grunge and indie rock at the same time. Tony is 100% Morrissey after all. A lightweight with bitchy, cynical lyrics. The leftovers from Bona Drag, for example, also have more charm for me than anything from 2014 onwards. The music, production and lyrics suited the artist. Today, he thinks they correspond to him and are more authentic than back then, especially when it comes to the vocal performance. A big big mistake.

Jacky's Only Happy
Kiss Me A lot
Spent The Day in Bed
Notre Dame
Veronica
Kerouac
Stained Glass Window
Rebels
Oblivion
Telephone Rings
Bonfire

There are more older ones but the new songs are the absolute worst I have ever heard from him

Staircase is brilliant but unnecessarily prolonged by JC and production gimmicks that it almost loses its charm in the end. Unfortunately I can't see Mark Nevin as negatively as you do. "Perfect" and "Goodbye my love" had to catch Morrissey's interest. "Found" is almost grunge and indie rock at the same time. Tony is 100% Morrissey after all. A lightweight with bitchy, cynical lyrics. The leftovers from Bona Drag, for example, also have more charm for me than anything from 2014 onwards. The music, production and lyrics suited the artist. Today, he thinks they correspond to him and are more authentic than back then, especially when it comes to the vocal performance. A big big mistake.
I think Bona Drag is really the best, all corresponding the A sides and B sides are also so good and even though we aren't supposed to consider it an album, I always have.

Sorrow will come in the end
The secret of music
Margaret on the guillotine
Safe warm Lancashire home
Smiler with knife
The kid's a looker
Papa Jack
The girl from Tel-aviv who wouldn't kneel
Who will protect us from the police?
The harsh truth of the camera eye

Michael’s Bones
Ouija Board Ouija Board
Get Off The Stage
The Truth About Ruth
When You Open Your Legs
Ambitious Outsiders
Asian Rut
Oh Phoney
In Your Lap
You’ve Had Her

What do people dislike about I’m Not Sorry? Always been in my top 10 favourites, especially the M in Manchester version.
It’s fantastic; the best song on Quarry. And always, I feel, the Morrissey song that would’ve best suited a 70s Sinatra.

Please help the Cause against the Loneliness ?? Really!? That is light years ahead of anything from the JC era of duds

Earth is the Loneliest Planet
Smiler with a Knife
Jackys only Happy
The Girl from Tel-Aviv
When you open your legs 🤮
Who will protect us from the police
Bobby, dont you think they know
The truth about Ruth
The secret of Music
People are the same Everywhere

In comparison to my solo favourites, I’ve suffered 8 of these songs live 😂

Back