Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

Nothing special, just filling in the blanks:

The smiths - The Smiths Canadian Lp, the sleeve looks awful in the photo but thats because of the original sellophane, it is actual a strong near mint. I love the maple leave on the rear of the sleeve and that there are two track no.2 on the label and no track no. 3

The Smiths - Strangeways UK cassette with the green text, the original price tag on the front says £2.99 which ironically is the price I paid for it :D

Last edited:
Bargain of the year. All of this lot - fully signed by all the band (unused comp prizes from a magazine) for ................£180. The posters just have the signatures, the 7 inches say ..What! Morrissey / Accept Yourself - Johnny Marr.

One of these posters alone (unsigned ) went for £130 on ebay last week.

038.jpg

Last edited:
I saw those and thought, if real, they were a bargain. I notice that the seller has relisted them and said that they have 4 lots for sale - all unused competition prizes.

Dave

Bargain of the year. All of this lot - fully signed by all the band (unused comp prizes from a magazine) for ................£180. The posters just have the signatures, the 7 inches say ..What! Morrissey / Accept Yourself - Johnny Marr.

View attachment 11746

I saw those and thought, if real, they were a bargain. I notice that the seller has relisted them and said that they have 4 lots for sale - all unused competition prizes.

Dave

They were so badly listed it was unbelievable. No mention of signatures at all. I fully quizzed the chap who was flogging them and he is genuine. Used to run this magazine in early 80,s. He sent me scans of the magazine and a scan of the competition.

He is also the founder of the male strippers the dreamboys!!!! And he even sent my mrs a copy of their calendar.

He has one set left on ebay, but the vinyl has 3 signatures and the poster has all 4. Going for a bloody excellent £85!

Advertised only as smiths record 45 and poster.

Steal of the year.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

View attachment 11746

You're lucky, my friend.
I don't know why but I was thinking about if it's genuine or not...

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

View attachment 11746

I bought the third set 100£
I'm happy :)

Meat Is Murder - Aussie cd (left, compared to original US and UK releases)
Strangeways... - Aussie cd (top left, compared to std UK, misprinted UK, US and Europe releases)

Meat Is Murder.JPG Strangeways.JPG

Arrived today

Attachments

• smiths2.jpg
    smiths2.jpg
    476.2 KB · Views: 25
  • smiths1.jpg
    smiths1.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 27
looks like mine is the shabbiest still very pleased. the single is mint. Took poster to framers today £100 with uv glass turned out expensive.

Attachments

• what! 044.jpg
    what! 044.jpg
    493.9 KB · Views: 16
  • what! 042.jpg
    what! 042.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 14
Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom