Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

d5dfa972.jpg

Just took a photo of some records I'm GIVING to a good friend.

I need to be your friend. :(

Just received a copy of this new promo sampler. I think it's to promote the remastered editions of the albums now that they've been released individually? :confused:

sampler.jpg

And the back:
sampler_back.jpg

It's also worth noting that the track listing on the back is completely inaccurate...I'd heard it was, so I played it through to verify, and sure enough, it's a different set of songs altogether. How odd!

Just received a copy of this new promo sampler. I think it's to promote the remastered editions of the albums now that they've been released individually? :confused:

sampler.jpg

And the back:
sampler_back.jpg

It's also worth noting that the track listing on the back is completely inaccurate...I'd heard it was, so I played it through to verify, and sure enough, it's a different set of songs altogether. How odd!

Nice one Aly!
I also have one of these discs on its way from the US, should receive it sometime next week. :D

Also waiting for one to arrive with Promo Press Sheet

KGrHqVrEE88gWnk2jBPo0KIUw60_12.JPG

Cheers Moz

Viva Hate - Australian LP (in mint condition + pleasantly surprised by the beautiful red labels on the vinyl) :)

Southpaw Grammar - Saudi Arabian cassette (compared to UK and Turkish versions)

Viva Hate - Australian LP (in mint condition + pleasantly surprised by the beautiful red labels on the vinyl) :)

I do love those red labels...very nice! :)

Buys from last week:

introducing_germanshiela7in3.jpg

Introducing Morrissey USA VHS, and German Sheila take a bow 7" on black vinyl.

taiwanquarry_cassettes.jpg

You are the quarry - Taiwan CD/DVD
Viva Hate - Malaysia cassette
Bona Drag - Saudi Arabia cassette

And a stack of 20-something official Rough Trade promo photos:
promophotos.jpg

Filling a few Gaps :
Meat is Murder RT CD
The Queen is Dead RT CD
Louder Than Bombs RT CD
First of the Gang To Die EU 4 Track Edition and 4 more Peel Sessions Cds so here is my CD Collection:

Attachments

• KGrHqFHJB8E9mrpWJyBPj2MOJ460_12.JPG
    KGrHqFHJB8E9mrpWJyBPj2MOJ460_12.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC00832.JPG
    DSC00832.JPG
    381.4 KB · Views: 31
Stoned, I love your collection of Peel Sessions CDs! :thumb: That's a full set there, isn't it? I'm still missing the two French ones, unfortunately...

Those promo photos are fantastic! :)
The one with George Formby in the background is one of my favourite Morrissey photos.
It's one of my favourites too, actually. :) All the pictures from that session are lovely - one of my old favourite magazine posters was a colour version without the Formby poster in the background.

What's the "In Heat" CD, though? A factory pressed bootleg?

Recent purchases of the last few days:

View attachment 13273
Nice buys, scabbycoco! Well done. :) That Sweet and Tender Hooligan 12" is still on my own want list, though fortunately a number of copies have been listed on eBay recently. *crosses fingers*

gfiac12_mispressed.jpg

Just arrived this morning: Girlfriend in a coma 12" in mispressed grey sleeve. :)

What's the "In Heat" CD, though? A factory pressed bootleg?

User Cornflakes has put together an excellent compilation of live recordings, and also produced some really nice artwork for it.

It's available in the downloads section of the forum, you should get this. It's very good!

Congratulations on your grey girlfriend by the way... :D

Nice buys, scabbycoco! Well done. :) That Sweet and Tender Hooligan 12" is still on my own want list, though fortunately a number of copies have been listed on eBay recently. *crosses fingers*

Thanks for your comment :) Good Luck with ebay! I bought mine from a french website (priceminister), price was a bit high, but I felt so good to receive this one in the mail, now I can concentrate on other stuffs like promos and so on :)

Sweet & Tender Hooligan white plastic sleeve cd, still sealed.
Cheers Moz

Attachments

• DSC00847.JPG
    DSC00847.JPG
    272 KB · Views: 20
Stoned, I didn't even know the Sweet and Tender Hooligan CD was released in a white case as well...nice catch. Shall have to add that variation to my never-ending want list!

Arrived in the mail on Wednesday, thanks to Stefan K. :)

newstuff_240512.jpg

Hand in glove (Sandie Shaw) - Spanish 7"
This charming man - German 7" on Intercord label
Satan rejected my soul - UK 12", thus completing my collection of Morrissey UK 12" singles at long last.

Also, Ouija board, Ouija board 12" promo, to complete another mini-set:
earlysolo12promos.jpg

Arrived in the mail on Wednesday, thanks to Stefan K. :)

Hand in glove (Sandie Shaw) - Spanish 7"
This charming man - German 7" on Intercord label
Satan rejected my soul - UK 12", thus completing my collection of Morrissey UK 12" singles at long last.

Also, Ouija board, Ouija board 12" promo, to complete another mini-set.

Aly, congratulations on your latest arrivals.
They are all very nice items to own. :)

As for my recent purchases...

Ask - US 12" (top left, compared to UK, Holland and Spain releases)

This one also completes my collection of 12"s released in the US: :)

The Smiths 'Sampler' - US promo CD

This one also completes my collection of 12"s released in the US: :)

Very impressive, I.R.! Congrats on completing another set. :)

Latest arrivals...

USA 'There is a light that never goes out' 12" promo...I love that if you look closely, you can tell where "The queen is dead" was covered up and replaced with the new text. :D
thereisalight_promo12.jpg

Two Dutch 7" promos: 'This charming man' and 'The Headmaster Rituel' (sic)
dutchpromo7s.jpg

9fuxoi.jpg

Vauxhall & I - USA promo CD (thanks, Craig!)
You have killed me - USA promo CD

And Viva Hate longbox, which (to the best of my knowledge) completes my mini-collection of Morrissey longboxes:
2445w6v.jpg

Another great batch Aly, very nice.
Especially those longboxes, I want! :)

My most recent arrivals...

The Smiths - Portuguese LP (band name in white text, compared to the other Portuguese version)

Viva Hate promo CD (His Masters Voice)

Rank - German/Benelux CD (an interesting release for the Benelux/German markets, dual catalogue number and no barcode printed on the rear insert)

Viva Hate - Unknown origin cassette (thank you Tom!)

You're very welcome... and it's an official release from Indonesia. I happen to love cassette releases and they were among the few things I opted to keep (I had two copies of this one).

Cheers Tom, I love cassettes too. :)
The reason I was hesitant about the origin is that I also own this Indonesian cassette, and I thought this was the official release (unless there are 2 versions?).

Stephane, are you able to shed any light?

A few more goodies arrived this morning... :)

Our Frank - Australian 7"

Sweet And Tender Hooligan - US CD in white case

The Smiths debut - Saudi cassette (thank you Stephane!)

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom