Your Morrissey Concert Routine?

Me: For London:

• Get to London in the morning and check into the hotel.
  • Go and have what I can of a day in London before a meal.
  • Arrive at venue and browse through very expensive merchandise stalls.
  • Go and watch show and get as near the front as possible.
  • Afterwards buy bootleg shirts from street sellers.
  • Go and have a drink and back to hotel.
  • Next day try and determine whether the previous night was all a dream.
  • Have a bit more time in London.
  • Go back home.

...do you have any pre-show rituals to carry out, is there something you just have to do?

Love PTxx.

I usually pick my flight to get to my destination in the early afternoon - have a recreational pint (or two) and then a minimum 2-hour afternoon nap before the gig. Geez I'm getting horribly old and boring.

It's a dream come true. I'll take the District line to Monument and then the Northern line to Chalk Farm. Life is fine sometimes.

* catch me train at half 12 AT newcastle
* arrive fourish
* get the tube/bus to camden
* book in to hotel
* minor sprucing up
* drop me things off,
* get some grub
* arrive at the roundhouse.
* See moz
* Sing passionately
* Leave sadly
* Buy a knock of tshirt
* Go to me hotel room ave a drink smile sleep
* wake up mooch at some sites
* train home

It's the first time I'll have seen Morrissey (my mum wouldn't let me go to Manchester in 2004 and I couldn't afford a ticket last year) sooo this'll be mine -

- get home from 6th form on the Friday and pack
- set off for London at about 4
- get to Travelodge then go for a walk round
- have a McDonalds
- feel ashamed about eating the McDonalds
- on Saturday have another wander around London
- get to Camden
- see Moz
- have another McDonalds
- spend another night at the Travelodge and leave Sunday morning
:)

I always have to wear turned up jeans and DMs to Morrissey shows, ALWAYS. Usually I queue up from about 7/6am but London will be different as there'll be no point in me queuing from that early because I won't get to the barrier anyway.

So my plan is to:
  • Pack
  • Have some lunch at home
  • Get my train to London at about 1
  • Arrive in London at about 2:30 and check into my Travelodge
  • Find a Holland And Barratt or Sainsbury's to stock up on veggie sausage rolls and juice
  • Go and queue
  • Possibly watch Morrissey?
  • Go for a drink or two
  • Go to my lovely Travelodge room and sleep
  • Go home
  • Repeat again on Sunday

rush after school/work to train station. get train to venue. run inside. see moz. get lift/train home.

this time X6 rather than once. oh lordy.

Normally we would fly down to london , book into the hotel , sight see , back to the hotel , couple of drinks , a meal and off to see moz

but this one will be much tighter , as its january and poorness is afoot

- get train to london
- 6 hours and a couple of bottles of wine later arive in london
- get tube to hotel
- go to camden
- get some food
- go to the good mixer for a pint
- head to the venue
- see moz
- have a beer on the way back to the hotel
- sleep
- up at 6am and back on the train ride to hell
- start talking about the edinburgh show

something like this.

-Get home from college (4ish)
-Catch train from Huntingdon around 5
-Arrive in Kings Cross around 6, get food.
-Get tube to Chalk Farm around half 6
-Stand around in a que probably or something along those lines
-Watch might decide to watch Morrissey
-Go back to Kings Cross
-Rush to get train home.
-Get home around 2.

Job done, memories made.

Lille? Get there, check into hotel, go on the lash

London? Get there, check into hotel, go on the lash.

However with recent developments one can expect all sorts of hoo-hah at the first London gig!!!! Which is the only one I'm going to.

Anti-Nazi league protestors on the streets, police helicopters, tv coverage, David Irving etc etc

booked cheap seats on train from manchester before i'd even received seetix confirmation email
arrive saturday lunchtime
nice veggie meal @ first out
pop to tate mod to see louise bourgeois exhibition
hopefully dump bag at pal's house
change t-shirt etc..
arrive camden to see girl in coma
and morrissey of course
sing & shout
throw bigmouth bikes dvd & t-shirt on stage
leave happy
hope there's a quarry night on
dance my legs down to the knees
sing me to sleep
have an almond croissant & coffee for sunday breakfast sat on the pavement at columbia road flower market
train back sunday afternoon : (
yep..just one for me!

1. Leave Sleaford at 12PM, arrive at Cockfosters about 2/3PM.
2.Get tube to inner London.
3.Mooch about for an hour or so.
4.Make my way to the Roundhouse as early as possible to try and get to the front.
5. Wonder why i can't get to the front and where the fairness of people with passes getting to the front is.
6. Wonder why i got to the front at nottingham in december 2006 but i can't here.
7. Get inside, probably get stuck behind a pillar, but will try my damndest to get to the front (i am good looking so can work charm).
8. Enjoy the show and/or cry.
9. Buy a knock off t shirt.
10. Head back to Cockfosters.
11. Drive home.
12. Look forward to getting to the front at Doncaster.

+ Arrive to London
+ Get lost.
+ Find the hotel & check in.
+ Find some falafel place or similar fro a quick meal whilst going to The Roundhouse
+ Getting lost, again.
+ Start queuing, hopefully there'll be some nice fans there. The first day I hope to be there 'round 16:00 since there was no early flights.
+ THE GIG, get to the front row.
+ Afterwards, nothing is more relaxing then a beer:rolleyes:
+ Sleep is unnecessary, 5 hours tops.
+ Fast-food breakfast +hopefully have time to visit The Tate Gallery so I can start queuing again at about 12-13:00. If I skip it I might be there around 10:00.

And that's the way it goes:).

First show for me is Friday. In the morning I will wake up with butterflies that stay with me all day. I'll go to work till lunchtime, tell everyone again who I'm going to see and where, then home, get changed and be on my way by 4pm. The butterflies get worse as the day goes on, and I can't usually eat until I'm THERE!

Same routine for Saturday, except no work!

I think I will arrive at the airport and do my best to make it to Wood Green and try to remember how to get to my friends house from the tube. I will probably walk around for a while and he will have to come get me in his car.

I will set up my little room and sit down on the bed, trying to absorb that I am in a different time zone. I will probably lay down and stare at the ceiling for a little while before deciding to take a shower, which always helps me adjust.

Then I will get dressed and go shopping for a few vegan and fresh things I might need to eat during the week... walk around and just adjust.

Come back and have a cup of herbal tea and crash so I am ready to get up early and walk around a bit of london before heading to Camden for the show. I figure I will try to get up early each day so I can have a walk around a different part of london before heading to the venue. My only regret is that I will have nowhere to put my camera before the show, so I have to figure out what I am going to do with my camera - will I have to go all the way back to wood green before going to the line each day?

I figure I will try to locate a good vegan place to eat that is cheap so I can stop there for lunch one or two days (anybody??)

I will probably meet a fellow photographer friend of mine on one of these days (he will be in from Japan) and maybe do a photo shooting morning with him.

Hopefully my friend from Switzerland will come meet me in London as he sometimes works in london... that might change everything esp since he can take my camera while i go off to the line.

really my camera is my biggest issue at the moment. :/

after the show I am going to try to not get lost and screw up the directions because I want to make it back to my friends place before the tube closes. I doubt I will be out partying or anything like that. i would have no idea where to start when it comes to london nightlife. better not to even try and start perhaps... and instead get some good nights sleep.

Last edited:
when i went to nottingham in december 2006 we turned up 45 minutes before doors opened and we were the first people there....

OMG, when I arrived at 12.00 last time in Gothenburg i was the last one who managed to get a front spot! The first people had arrived round nine a far s I can remember, or maybe it was another gig.

I don't know but shouldn't quite come early since it's London or am I breathing prejudices?

:)

Back
Top Bottom