Alain Whyte: Band update (June 16, 2023)

Screenshot_20230616-165701.png

1686931063262.jpg

1686931065886.jpg

1686931068090.jpg

Screenshot_20230617-114140.png

Regards,
FWD.

No way, same boring set list as ever. Don't expect any surprises other than maybe a song from new album..Meanwhile the Cure is playing two and half hours with 29 songs on setlist with all their old hits.
Not just old hits. They’re playing super deep cuts that the proper fans enjoy. And a setlist heavy with their gloomier material.

I would disagree with that, Dog is one of My favorite M records in a while and the stand out tracks were written with Tobias.
Would it kill you to write “Morrissey”?
I might be tempted to pay attention to your opinion if you did.

Lol
Even a bad Moz song is better than the best AW song Take Bonfire Of Teenagers different universe to AWs amateur rubbish
Some say Marr tries to claim smiths as his invention, I don’t think that’s true but AW is definitely trying claim glory he didn’t earn. He plays Marr songs as if he wrote them
I’m in the camp that thinks AW is a chancer tying to get some of King Mozzers magic, trying to copy him It doesn’t work
You’re certainly camp, of that there can be no doubt.

Seems a bit weird but then again I suppose they need to continue to have an income of sorts. After all, some of the songs are as much as theirs as they are Morrissey's.

Shall we assume that we saw a short-lived return of Alain and that was that? I can't imagine Morrissey inviting him back.

This is all a bit like the various bands got up by ex-members of The Fall. As long as it's just one person (Martin Bramah, Marc Riley) doing their own thing it works, but when it's more than one of them it falls into the trap of being "The Fall without Mark E.Smith". And that's hopeless because it's a squad organised around a King but the King isn't there anymore. Unless you're the Sun Ra Arkestra and it was always about a total planetary sound, bigger than just a rock'n'roll band, and so it can manage without the Godhead figure who's flown back to Saturn.

The thing that I find confusing is on Alain’s Insta post, it’s looks like an announcement from Central - same font, colours etc. Have friendships soured that much that this is a deliberate dig?

The thing that I find confusing is on Alain’s Insta post, it’s looks like an announcement from Central - same font, colours etc. Have friendships soured that much that this is a deliberate dig?
It’s a joke, babe.

I'm guessing live shows will be 50% songs he wrote with Morrissey and 50% his own solo songs and new stuff they write as a band... does that sound right?
It would have to be more like 70% Morrissey. This is in many ways a Morrissey tribute act, just that the musicians are better, but I reckon only slightly. I don't know how many people would pay to watch a relative unwell-know group of musicians play solo material.

It also seems that Alain used his touring time with Morrissey to reconnect with his former pals + steal a band member from Morrissey.
I just wished that Alain and Gus would have finished the tours with Morrissey in 2023 before moving on with their own project / side project. I know it is selfish.
#WeHateItWhenOurFriendsBecomeSuccessful

And if he’s pissed off with Alain, he’ll just do the songs that Jesse wrote + that cover of suspicious minds. And of course, “I ex love you”.
Honestly hoping that Morrissey knows better though.
I repeat #WeHateItWhenOurFriendsBecomeSuccessful should be performed

I have nothing against Spencer or any of the lads and I love "Lost" but really, a B-side from decades ago doesn't change anything. After Morrissey, he didn't stay in the music industry. Not one of them is a viable recording artist in their own right, all they have is the Morrissey connection. At this point Gary et al are not even signing up to be 'sidemen' to a star, they're the chief sideman's assistants.

It's like watching someone trying to relive 1991 in an alternate universe where they get to be Morrissey. Even to the extent where they are collecting his old Smiths bandmates to complete the picture. It's bizarre, borderline-delusional wish fulfillment, and I'm surprised that people want to go see that live.
Or maybe they're just friends who enjoy playing together.

No way, same boring set list as ever. Don't expect any surprises other than maybe a song from new album..Meanwhile the Cure is playing two and half hours with 29 songs on setlist with all their old hits.
And Depeche Mode. I saw them on Wednesday and they were fantastic. Their new album Memento Mori is ace. Sorry off-topic but I was saying to a friend how lucky we are to see The Cure in Dec 2022, DM in June, Kraftwerk in June, Moz in July and New Order later this year.

Yeah, somehow I find that odd, too. Of course it's some kind of joke, but that's not entirely it, is it? Because I can't think that whole odd camp around M has that humour and its just an inside joke between "friends", because we know that there is something rotten due to the "management issues". So maybe it's not a dig at M personally, but at the people around him creating these posts like the "New keyboard player" one without mentioning that Gustavo has left etc. Just a dig at the way things are handled maybe? And a funny one at that!

I wonder what the band will be called.
Any suggestions?
"The Alan Whyte Project" or "Whyte" a la Morrissey!
I will go to see them as they are all good musicians in their own right, but I'm with Amy, it is just a bit weird, like a Morrissey tribute band while Morrissey is alive and touring!

The Whyte Men

I wonder what the band will be called.
Any suggestions?
"The Alan Whyte Project" or "Whyte" a la Morrissey!
I will go to see them as they are all good musicians in their own right, but I'm with Amy, it is just a bit weird, like a Morrissey tribute band while Morrissey is alive and touring!
It’ll Be All Whyte On The Night

Tags
alain whyte
Back
Top Bottom