Alternative "Years Of Refusal" cover photo posted by @mrjakewalters / Instagram

On Jake's instagram:

42403_jake_walter_alternative_yor.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reckon yes he is wearing the outfit. One of his favorites m8. Reckon yes it was taken in "the vicinity" of Malibu. Don't even think about it foreigner stalkers. I know all this is nice to fantasize this wasn't taken where it was and Steve doesn't wear mariachi jackets so you can think he doesn't live in LA and hates America. You got your once every 5 years so just pack up your New York Yankee caps, Chicago Bears ski caps, and your Planet Hollywood Orlando leather jackets and go home to your hobbit houses until the sun comes out in July.

Wonder about the Jake Walters pics and info lately, thought they ended before Southpaw Grammar, their relation...must be a sign that Jake and Morrissey are at least friends , or This is all till Vauxhall period...but mention the baby and YOR , they see or tweet eachother.

I did a quick and dirty mock up of what could have been. I really like this photo better than the one we got.
hDf1Q3a.jpg

years of refusal has always been my favourite cover,its all very cryptic,will we ever find out why the little boy is pointing downwards.

Is he actually wearing this outfit? I know that's his body in those clothes but it actually looks like his head has been photoshopped onto another body. The backdrop looks like a photo and he seems to be standing on a fake beach in the foreground.

I kind of get what you mean.... I think it's really all him but wonder if they're using a beach set with painted backdrop, kind of old-school Hollywood, which is giving the photo this slightly manipulated look. It certainly looks studio lit, in my eyes.
Anyway, I like it a lot. All that's missing is a hot latina chick in a bright yellow dress clinging to Mozzer's arm. Odd that they missed that little detail.

'Latina chick' - are you serious? This photo is one of the gayest things I've ever seen, and definately a chick-free zone.

'tis a nod & a wink to Herb Alpert, who Moz was big into at the time of "Years of Refusal".
The fonts used for the LP & singles were all inspired by Herb & his Tijuana Brass artworks ~

R-373490-1462872109-6294.jpeg.jpg

CS622989-01A-BIG.jpg

115558376.jpg

í am waiting for the Whipped Cream variant cover...

5304586.jpg

:brows:

Ah, genius, Joe, well detected!

It's hilarious. Can't believe people are saying it's good, he looks ridiculous. Thank God common sense prevailed. Or perhaps that Jake just took a better shot.

I actually like it to a degree, but maybe best for a tour poster with all the dates listed, but not so much for an album cover.

Me reckon Moz would have looked better in the same pose but without the jacket and trumpet.

Me reckon Moz would have looked better in the same pose but without the jacket and trumpet.
I'm not sure about that, Acton. I think the pose is the most comical thing about it - like a homage to b-movies and bad acting. Maybe he meant it ironically??

I kind of get what you mean.... I think it's really all him but wonder if they're using a beach set with painted backdrop, kind of old-school Hollywood, which is giving the photo this slightly manipulated look. It certainly looks studio lit, in my eyes.
Anyway, I like it a lot. All that's missing is a hot latina chick in a bright yellow dress clinging to Mozzer's arm. Odd that they missed that little detail.
Yeah it's the studio lighting and the strange expression Morrissey has on his face that's making the whole thing look a little off.

Just as well they never used that, for a magazine article or such like, passable but not for an LP covet

Though The baby holding picture is terrible as well.
Agreed. His face on the YOR sleeve has been airbrushed to within an inch of it's life and quite unnecessarily.

Is he actually wearing this outfit? I know that's his body in those clothes but it actually looks like his head has been photoshopped onto another body. The backdrop looks like a photo and he seems to be standing on a fake beach in the foreground.

It's a good point, because in 2008/2009 Morrissey was actually a bit thicker - (a shade muscular and, at times, a little round in the middle). Here, the body is extremely svelte, almost like 1997 Morrissey.

Back
Top Bottom