Aside from "Hairdresser" what is your favorite Stephen Street co-penned b-side?

Aside from "Hairdresser" what is your favorite Stephen Street co-penned b-side?

• I Know Very Well How I Got My Name

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Oh Well, I'll Never Learn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sister I'm A Poet

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Will Never Marry

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Lucky Lisp

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Michael's Bones

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Such A Little Thing Makes A Big Difference

Votes: 14 20.3%

• Total voters
You think you were my first love
You think you were my first love, but you're wrong
You were the only one
Who's come and gone

Oooh, so much to choose from...I think all these songs are excellent, to be honest. But if I had to pick only one, it would have to be I Know Very Well How I Got My Name. I remember writing the lines that Belligerent Ghoul quoted on my desk at school when I was sixteen.

Those 15 or so seconds at the 1:26 mark of Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference are, in my opinion, some of the most magical moments in music history. Marked by the emphatic "Wielding a bicycle chain", it has a force and exclamation to it that is so memorable for me. Magical.

Can't believe I ignored Dissapointed when i voted. That is one of my favourites indeed. Why arn't we takling about this song more often? It seems rather forgotten and underrated to me.

Disappointed might have to be my favorite.

all of them are bangers...let's be serious...

dazzak said:
Those 15 or so seconds at the 1:26 mark of Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference are, in my opinion, some of the most magical moments in music history. Marked by the emphatic "Wielding a bicycle chain", it has a force and exclamation to it that is so memorable for me. Magical.

i very much agree. ive had that stuck in my head all day!

This is why polls should not be banned.

As I voted for Sister I'm a Poet I was thinking what an obvious choice and what a landslide it was going to be and then I find out it't not even winning.

Honestly, Such a Little Thing was my first favourite Mozzer song but Sister I'm A Poet is historical so picked that one. There are so many great tracks on this list.

Weird. "Such A Little Thing..." is a very minor Moz song for me; and musically knicked from Jobriath, as others have noted. Why isn't "Hairdresser..." included? Or "At Amber"? Or "Journalists Who Lie"? I think the b-sides for "Suedehead" and "Everyday..." are some of his finest and most consistent. But I also feel the partnership went downhill very fast.

I voted for "I Know Very Well..." - bizarrely never collected on any compilation CD ever. Never understood why.

Back
Top Bottom