Morrissey Central "Bonfire of teenagers" (February 7, 2024)

Bonfire of teenagers

d3fa529138538c23d753d6aa2c653d890ee74f31.jpg

SER IG story:
sam_esty_rayner_photography-20240207-0001.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
He's too gay* & self-deprecating for the incel community. When his reputation tanked some pundits hit on his reputation for celibacy as an explantion - that's as far as it goes.

*I mean his work.
True, but only if you can read the coded signs. I suspect most of us long-in-the-tooth Smiths/Morrissey fans, with their knowledge of Morrissey's usual homoerotic bents, will detect a hint of the narrator's queer longing and jealousy of the brides claiming the male in songs like 'William', 'I Know It's Over', and 'Kick the Bride Down the Aisle'.

Without that knowledge though, I can certainly see how the lyrics can be (mis)read to fit the incel narrative. 'Pretty Girls Make Graves' is pretty much the definitive song about some guy getting 'red-pilled' and seeing the light about women after a 'Chad' comes along on the beach and takes his 'Stacy'.

True, but only if you can read the coded signs. I suspect most of us long-in-the-tooth Smiths/Morrissey fans, with their knowledge of Morrissey's usual homoerotic bents, will detect a hint of the narrator's queer longing and jealousy of the brides claiming the male in songs like 'William', 'I Know It's Over', and 'Kick the Bride Down the Aisle'.

Without that knowledge though, I can certainly see how the lyrics can be (mis)read to fit the incel narrative. 'Pretty Girls Make Graves' is pretty much the definitive song about some guy getting 'red-pilled' and seeing the light about women after a 'Chad' comes along on the beach and takes his 'Stacy'.

But he accepts that he feels bad & he's not manly enough. Incels don't.

If you could add the words “I think” to most of your posts, they wouldn’t come across so arsehole-ish.

Reminds me of a self-help book about assertiveness and 'transactional analysis' that was wildly popular for ages, called, I'm OK, You're OK

The ‘games’ that people played were like worn-out loops of tape we inherited from childhood, yet continued to let roll. Though limiting and destructive, they were also a sort of comfort, absolving us of the need to really confront unresolved psychological issues. Berne’s brand of psychotherapy involved asking the client what he or she wanted ‘fixed’ and proceeding to fix it. There was no assumption of underlying malaise. This new approach was of course the essence of self-help.

Harris used Berne’s work as a basis for his own, but instead of analyzing the games we play, focused on the internal voices that speak to us all the time in the form of archetypal characters: the Parent, the Adult and the Child (the PAC framework). All of us have Parent, Adult or Child ‘data’ guiding our thoughts and decisions, and Harris believed that transactional analysis would free up the Adult, the reasoning voice. The Adult in us prevents a hijack by unthinking obedience (Child), or ingrained habit or prejudice (Parent), leaving us a vestige of free will.

I was shocked listening to Mark talk about Your Arsenal on his Notcast, when he said that the record production for the frenetic compilation album, Beethoven Was Deaf, a favorite, has been wiped. Leading me to ponder options so that musicians can retain control and storage. With Bonfire of Teenagers also in mind.

Has anyone used bandzoogle to sell music? https://bandzoogle.com/features/sell?pc=SPIN

The blurb says: "Your fans. Your store.
Bandzoogle gives you the tools to directly engage and sell to your audience online. With your own exclusive music eCommerce website you cut out the gatekeepers and sell to your own fans, your own way."

I was shocked listening to Mark talk about Your Arsenal on his Notcast, when he said that the record production for the frenetic compilation album, Beethoven Was Deaf, a favorite, has been wiped. Leading me to ponder options so that musicians can retain control and storage. With Bonfire of Teenagers also in mind.
What? BwasDeaf was not a compilation. And what’s ‘been wiped’ about it?
Has anyone used bandzoogle to sell music? https://bandzoogle.com/features/sell?pc=SPIN

The blurb says: "Your fans. Your store.
Bandzoogle gives you the tools to directly engage and sell to your audience online. With your own exclusive music eCommerce website you cut out the gatekeepers and sell to your own fans, your own way."

At a stretch I suppose you could call it a live compilation, as half of the tracks were recorded in London and half in Paris?

Compared to a proper compilation that’s promoted as a compilation? Yes I would say it’s in error to call BWD a compilation.

Though some call Bona Drag an album. When to me it is a compilation.

Compared to a proper compilation that’s promoted as a compilation? Yes I would say it’s in error to call BWD a compilation.

Though some call Bona Drag an album. When to me it is a compilation.
I've always thought it leans more towards being a compilation as well, because Suedehead and Sunday are on Viva Hate already. 🤔

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom