Both Quarry anniversary events cancelled (January 25, 2024)

Tomorrow's show in Anaheim is canceled according to Ticketmaster :(

LA show is still on for now...

Posted by SOSB:

27th is cancelled as per Kia Forum twitter.

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
its just that all his favourite people are getting older and older and are dying on a regular basis,one thing you cant escape is death.
It may be true, but he also wants to reach the young, modern and hip (see new band direction). A record deal! There is something ominous about these constant reports of the deaths of sometimes very old people, even if they meant something to him. You can grieve in private but you should give a public explanation for concert cancellations on your online platform. At least once.

It may be true, but he also wants to reach the young, modern and hip (see new band direction). A record deal! There is something ominous about these constant reports of the deaths of sometimes very old people, even if they meant something to him. You can grieve in private but you should give a public explanation for concert cancellations on your online platform. At least once.
To be fair these concerts weren’t even ever mentioned on his online platform. Morrissey clearly wasn’t very enthusiastic about doing them.

And it’s not as if he never gave public explanations for concert cancellations, remember the Dengue.

To be fair these concerts weren’t even ever mentioned on his online platform. Morrissey clearly wasn’t very enthusiastic about doing them.

And it’s not as if he never gave public explanations for concert cancellations, remember the Dengue.
The last 2-3 months have raised big questions that many would like to have answered. Perhaps then they would be in a conciliatory mood and the mockery and derision in the social media would subside.

Are you lot not sick of this yet? You are being treated like utter shit, like utter fools, and all because he can't get your money
NZ was sold out and he cancelled that as well. Try harder f***stick.,

Tomorrow's show in Anaheim is canceled according to Ticketmaster :(

LA show is still on for now...

Posted by SOSB:

27th is cancelled as per Kia Forum twitter.

Links posted by Famous when dead:

This has hit hard. For the first time ever I feel like we could be looking at the end. Was desperately hoping we might get a chance of one of these Quarry shows in the UK. He has had more comebacks than Lazarus and it possible he can do it again, but it's looking blacker than ever before.

Miley Cyrus would have made these shows 700% more sold out

Of all the gigs I thought he would cancel I figured these would be less likely because, imo, they are not just another "normal gig" - they're special. It now feels he has been given the impression he can do this with such impunity that he will even cancel these type of shows. If he cancels in SA he is absolutely f***ed although whether he will ever recover from this the way it is already now is debatable.

Was going to wait before booking lots of gigs up in the summer onwards in case it might block up time when he will be touring here, but I might as well head to see some other people.

It makes booking tickets to any gigs he does in the future an extremely tricky prospect. He's gotten away with this for too long and there is no excuse for his continued silence. None.

I have wondered whether some of the cranky comments / paranoid conspiracist lyrics are side-effects of medication, or medication reacting with alcohol that really shouldn't be mixed with it. And also general bitterness about years of dealing with major music industry people and their own special ways of counting money.

However, there's a limit to how much sympathy you're entitled to when the real problem is just carrying on and promising to do things when you're just not up to it anymore.

Anyway, it's more likely he'll stand as a a Reform Party candidate in this year's UK General Election than that he'll ever release another album. Don't expect him to turn up at the count on the night though, that'll be another cancelled gig.

To be fair, even that chap from the management company who had that Twitter rant about the Capitol deal said the album itself was great and one of his best. And his sound has actually evolved over the last decade, he isn't simply retreading glammed-up 90s indie rock.
So everything is good... nothing to see here?

But why wait until the last minute when people have already travelled and the dengue excuse was bullshit.

He has a personality disorder. He does not care about anyone but himself. His inflated sense of ego tells him he is too important to play any show that isn't sold out. He deserves only adoring crowds and fanfare and never any (justified) criticism. If a show is sold out and he cancels anyway? It's fine to do that should he want to, because he is special and above reproach. It doesn't matter who is hurt or who is out of money or who traveled a long distance because how he feels is the most important thing to consider -- to him, the only considerations are his feelings. He has more in common with Trump than anyone wants to admit.

It's not the band, it's not management, it's not record labels. There has always been one constant. It just gets more obvious as he ages.

Why don't you do it, FiDo? Since you are such an expert on everything Morrissey and know his and now Alain's innermost thougths, you are surely the only one who can take this task and make it right for Mozzy. Save him! Please save him from himself! Only you can do it!
This. And this. And this again. 💙

But why wait until the last minute when people have already travelled and the dengue excuse was bullshit.
So when he offers an explanation it’s ‘bullshit’ and when he says nothing it’s unacceptable’…

I think people should know by now that there’s always a chance he might cancel. Whether that’s worth the risk of traveling is up to them. I wouldn’t risk it myself, but strangely many people still do.

So when he offers an explanation it’s ‘bullshit’ and when he says nothing it’s unacceptable’…

I think people should know by now that there’s always a chance he might cancel. Whether that’s worth the risk of traveling is up to them. I wouldn’t risk it myself, but strangely many people still do

The explanation he gave was bullshit he has no need to lie and should just tell people the truth, it’s really not hard. As a singer he’s great, as a human he’s a f***ing arsehole.

What's the betting on any of the Mexico and South America shows going ahead? My guess is Mexico City might happen, just to surprise us, and maybe, just maybe, Buenos Aires and either São Paulo or Brasília, but not both - but I would be very surprised if Lima, Bogotá, or Santiago happen. But also wouldn't be surprised if all the dates are cancelled.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom