Bowie - Monster To Ashes

dazzak

Bowie - Monsters To Ashes

Just been listening to this lately. Thought some people might not have it. I forgot to add the last track, but you can live without it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PIB47B3E

The Alternative Scary Monsters

01. It's No Game No.2 (Alternate take, derived from "Tired of my Life"
02. Cameras In Brooklyn (Early version of "Up The Hill Backwards")
03. Scary Monsters (Alternate take)
04. Ashes To Ashes (Fake 12 minute disco version)
05. Teenage Wildlife (Alternate version, titled "It Happens Every Day)
06. Scream Like A Baby (Early version titled "Laser")
07. Kingdom Come (Alternate Take)
08. Because You're Young (Alternate take)
09. Is There Life After Marriage? (Planned for inclusion on Scary Monsters, but shelved)¨
10. Ashes To Ashes (Live on Tonight -Tv show, USA 5.9.1980)
11. Life On Mars? (Live on Tonight -Tv show, USA 5.9.1980)
12. The Man Who Sold The World (Live on US Tv Show Saturday Night Live 15.12.1979)
13. Boys Keep Swinging (Live on US Tv Show Saturday Night Live 15.12.1979)
14. TVC 15 (Live on US Tv Show Saturday Night Live 15.12.1979)
15. Panic In Detroit (re-recorded during the Scary Monsters sessions)
16. I Am A Laser (Early version of Scream Like A Baby recorde with The Astrionettes, featuring completely different lyrics)
17. Tired Of My Life (Undated demo for what turned out to be It's No Game. The song was written as far back as 1963)

Tenuous Moz Link:
On tracks 12, 13 and 14, one of Morrissey's favourite artists, Klaus Nomi, and his best friend, Joey Arias, are performing backing vocals for Bowie. The videos were available on YouTube, but seem to have gone missing now.

Last edited:
I'd love to have it, but unfortunately i can't use megaupload because it's forbidden here..:( Is there anyone who can upload it somewhere else(rapidshare,sendspace,yousendit,etc)?

thanks!
any rare/unreleased bowie is appreciated here.
any chance you could throw the missing track 17 up there for all us dorky completists????

thanks

anyone got any Scary Monsters era video (besides the Tonight Show songs that I've seen floating around lately)?

Back
Top Bottom