Carol outro

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Last night I spent a good couple of hours scouring Spotify and Youtube because I have a recollection that the outro to "...Carol." is a note-for-note take on some 80's shit classic. I searched Modern Romance and, yes, Blue Rondo A La Turk, and got close, but not close enough. Anyone help?

Peter

P.S That's pretty sad that I even tried.

This always reminded me of Carol. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the inspiration.

Could this be the 80's shizz you're thinking of?

Last edited by a moderator:
This always reminded me of Carol. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the inspiration.

:clap: Corrissey, you have a great ear! THat HAS to be it.

Last night I spent a good couple of hours scouring Spotify and Youtube because I have a recollection that the outro to "...Carol." is a note-for-note take on some 80's shit classic. I searched Modern Romance and, yes, Blue Rondo A La Turk, and got close, but not close enough. Anyone help?

Peter

P.S That's pretty sad that I even tried.

I thought the same, I swear I've heard it somewhere before.

I can't think of it but the closest I got was Wayward Sisters

Here's an interesting one, not so much for the outro but the instrumental music running throughout - and perhaps for the title too:

A Dutch group Blue Diamonds did a cover of 'Oh Carol' -
I think the instrumentals are even closer again to Morrissey's song, and aren't they cute?!

Also, whenever I hear that annoying song by The Big Pink, Girls are Like Dominoes, the first few bars remind me very much of a Morrissey song but I've found it difficult to identify which one. First I thought it was I Will See You in Far-Off Places, but now I'm Not Sorry seems more likely. Anyone else pick that up?

This does remind me of it.
Btw...in your signature, does that sign thats partially covered say " You're Too Frinky"

I hope so.

Back
Top Bottom