Do they think we were born yesterday?

lovemorrissey

Now My Heart is Full
I know theres been a thread before where it had been said that all morrissey autographs being sold on ebay are fake but this one (link below) takes the absolute biscuit

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SMITHS-MORRISSEY-SIGNED-FRAMED-THE-QUEEN-IS-DEAD_W0QQitemZ320095815047QQcategoryZ72439QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It just looks like a scribble, I looked at the other autographs just for the sake of it and no two are the same. Do these sellers think we are completely stupid? Its a shame because theres some people out there that fall for it and end up spending a fortune on a load of crap.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
His response as to why Morrissey spelled his own name incorrectly:

Hi
Thanks for the question,I have looked closely at the sig and you can clearley make out 2 R and 2 S,this is a good sig as some are alot worse than this

thanks
simon

If Morrissey really signed that then he was pissed out of his head when he did it.

That is awful

His response as to why Morrissey spelled his own name incorrectly:

Hi
Thanks for the question,I have looked closely at the sig and you can clearley make out 2 R and 2 S,this is a good sig as some are alot worse than this

thanks
simon

Yes that's the reply I got too, but if you use that logic it actually says MMOORRRRIISSEEYY

What is he on about good signature, he obviously hasnt a clue what Morrissey's signature really looks like.

My 5 year old could do a better signature than the one he is selling.

He cant even tell you where this was signed or when and says that a C.O.A is provided and all that says is "this signature is 100% genuine from a reliable source, we do not sell fakes" I wouldnt exactly call that a Certificate of Authenticity. Prat.

It looks as though it's been signed by someone with Parkinson's Disease.

That's an insult to people with Parkinson's.. they wouldn't come up with something that pathetic.

"...[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All signed items are supplied with my own COA..."

Ha ha ha ha ha

"um, I hear certify that this hear stuff is ginuwine because I signed it so I ought to no"
[/FONT]

Thats one of the worst I've seen, good that you asked before possibly bidding on it(or someone else here who doesn't know & might've thought of bidding on it, so thank you for that). I have SEVERAL items signed by his PIMPship, and NONE are signed like, or look like this. They were all signed BY HIM to me, in my presence, so I know they're real. This is an obvious fake. And, just so we're clear: Certificates of Authenticity, (or "C.O.A".s as they're called) can be made from any home computer, and be made to say anything. So, that means absolutely nothing to me when they say that.

FWIW, my advice as always for "supposedly signed"Morrissey merch/items is:

Unless you yourself were there to witness said signing, you should consider it fake. There are exceptions to the rule of course, known vendors/people who sell authentic stuff who are around him, or know him, or so forth. Unless it's one of these things:

DO NOT BUY IT, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR $$$ AND I'D HATE TO SEE YOU GET TAKEN.

Plus, you can always report the item to Ebay, and question it's validity/authenticity, they'll probably take it down. Nice to see you weren't fooled man, good job.

Last edited:
[I said:
Hi

thanks
simon[/I]

Wasn't there a user on here called Simon - who had a fake Moz letter? Maybe one and the same?? (apologies if not)

Yeah this is really bad. Some of them look quite authentic but obviously no research has gone in to this one at all. I'm gald to see that no won bought it.

I remember seeing an autograph on ebay last year. It was a signed Meat is murder CD supposedly signed by all four members of the band in 1985. Which I thought was quite odd since CDs weren’t even around then. The sad thing is that someone actually fell for it and bought it.

I personally don’t really see the point in buying autographs. Although I did buy a “signed“ Your Arsenal record, but I only put in a bid in because I wanted the record. I was suspicious about the autograph, even though it did/does look real. Anyway I won the bid so whether it’s real or fake it only cost me £7.25 ;)

Back
Top Bottom