"Everyday Is Like Sunday" from "Morrissey 25: Live" video - NME.com

she actually wouldn't, you like her music thats fair enough but you don't need to try and kid youself. If she could sell out all round a country she wouldn't still be touring as Moz's opening act, she has been with him way too long for me believe that.

Midnite is a troll.

I suspect there's some sort of quiet business arrangement. Morrissey respects Tony as a producer/artist and as a sort of favors for favors thing, he keeps Tony's little 8-octave toy occupied and feeling important by allowing her to open for him as a sort of gentlemen's agreement. Unfortunately for Kristeen, it's all but ruined her image as the independent, strong woman she thinks she's projecting because she's wasted so many years being Morrissey's opening act (and comfortable in that go nowhere role) and hasn't made an attempt to be anything but one of the perceived Morrissey insiders while being anything but. Meanwhile instead of writing songs from the heart and tailoring a sound to an audience that extends beyond sycophants wearing Smiths t-shirts, she's lead a campaign of becoming a Morrissey clone hating life not understanding that the man she's being a clone of is often sarcastically hating life so she comes off as being a nasty, bitter, pity-seeking sidekick in clown make-up trying to be tough bitch and the whole schtick just reads as pathetic. No self-respecting independent female artist would agree to be a permanent opening act for anyone. She's looking not to sing, but for a secure social circle which means she's doing it for all the wrong reasons.
This time you're totally right Geezer! The joint venture Morrissey -Young is nothing more than a business arrangement by a great producer and fine artist with a particular sense of humour quite always misunderstood. The first time I saw the famous picture with Kristine, sorry Kristeen, on his shoulders I did one of the best laugh in my life, and that's why I love Morrissey so much. Try with a little sense of humour, all things will be different....

Re: "Everyday Is Like Sunday" from "Morrissey 25: Live" video - NME.com

I suspect there's some sort of quiet business arrangement. Morrissey respects Tony as a producer/artist and as a sort of favors for favors thing, he keeps Tony's little 8-octave toy occupied and feeling important by allowing her to open for him as a sort of gentlemen's agreement. Unfortunately for Kristeen, it's all but ruined her image as the independent, strong woman she thinks she's projecting because she's wasted so many years being Morrissey's opening act (and comfortable in that go nowhere role) and hasn't made an attempt to be anything but one of the perceived Morrissey insiders while being anything but. Meanwhile instead of writing songs from the heart and tailoring a sound to an audience that extends beyond sycophants wearing Smiths t-shirts, she's lead a campaign of becoming a Morrissey clone hating life not understanding that the man she's being a clone of is often sarcastically hating life so she comes off as being a nasty, bitter, pity-seeking sidekick in clown make-up trying to be tough bitch and the whole schtick just reads as pathetic. No self-respecting independent female artist would agree to be a permanent opening act for anyone. She's looking not to sing, but for a secure social circle which means she's doing it for all the wrong reasons.

You would think that Morrissey would be tired of this 'quiet business arrangement'. How much of a 'favor' does Morrissey owe Tony? and when would it be paid off, if ever?! I agree with it ruining her image. I no longer find her independent (actually very dependent) and absolutely NOT strong (rather weak and easily led).

Her admitted hatred of life and herself is almost understandable and even to be pitied-but not by much--she's been doing this sob-story far too long and its now tedious. Maybe she should try actually standing on her own two feet for once and actually try being the independent and strong woman she's pretending to be. I wonder if the secure social circle you speak of has already thrown her out and no longer wants anything to do with her. She's probably already burned her bridges and is now clinging to whatever floatsom is available (Morrissey and Tony?)

- - - Updated - - -

Midnite is a troll.

I was thinking a broken record. But, fair enough, troll it is

This may sound strange, but I get the feeling that there is something in particular that is bothering Morrissey. He needs someone to shoulder some of his burden. I do hope he has someone or opens his heart.

His creative juices have stopped flowing. Hopefully its nothing more serious than that.

You would think that Morrissey would be tired of this 'quiet business arrangement'. How much of a 'favor' does Morrissey owe Tony? and when would it be paid off, if ever?! I agree with it ruining her image. I no longer find her independent (actually very dependent) and absolutely NOT strong (rather weak and easily led).

That's where my argument kind of falls apart, what's in it for Morrissey other than an incredibly cheap opening act? But looking at the situation empathetically, sometimes people who have more clout in life than I do will ask me to do favors for them and I just do them. I'm taking a (somewhat obnoxious in an endearing way) woman to dinner and a movie on Wednesday for her birthday because the lady who was originally going to do it has a swanky wine party to attend the same night. She gave me the money and told me to show her a fun time and asked me not to tell her of the arrangement. Imagine if you were Morrissey and the man who worked with at least two of your early idols approached you and said "Hey can you do me a favor? Can you throw Kristeen's name out there for me?" You'd just do it. I'm sure he legitimately likes her music, but the way in which he's name dropped her seems very rote. Even Tony's presence on her facebook wall seems very rote and robotic, like she's become this thing they're stuck with that they pity who kinda has some talent.

He's run out of old movies to watch.

There are a lot of new movies he might like. :o Not We Are the Millers. Total schlock! The last outtake during the credits was hilarious though, better than the entire movie. :p

Sorry but I don't know what planet you are on as Kirsteen Young is absolutely AWFUL!!! She will NEVER make it on her own and is just clinging onto Morrissey. Most of the Moz hardcore fans CANNOT Stand Kristeen! The sooner Moz dumps her the better. She brings nothing but bad luck.

No, she will never make it on her own - that's for sure. She could play a few clubs, but even then I don't think she'd sell out. Has she sold out in her hometown, even? Her recent collaboration with Dave Grohl may, hopefully, take her in another direction. Away from Morrissey. I half agree that she brings bad luck to him. It sounds crazy, but he has had many set backs with Kristeen on the bill. More so than I can remember in the past.

I'm forever thankful for everything Morrissey has given us and I'll go see him play live as long as he keeps touring. But, I feel that he needs to take this time off and reevaluate the whole situation. I'd like Boz to stay, but I do think it's time for fresh new musicians - better writing partners. Having said "fresh new", I'd also like to say that I'd give anything for Alain to come back. Knowing that won't happen, though, who would be a good fit?

What he's doing now, and with whom...well, it's obviously not working for him. It reads loud and clear everywhere - not just on this website. I have no problem with Jesse, and to be honest, I really don't know much about the other musicians in his band. I don't claim to be even remotely as knowledgeable as some of you about music and lyrics, so please don't attack me for not being a "Jesse hater". If I like it, I like it, but that's personal...

It is becoming apparent, though, that a great number of his loyal fan base have become disillusioned with Morrissey. They're genuinely troubled by what they believe to be a cataclysmal end to a once celebrated lyrical icon. I want what's best for him and I want people to lift him up and love him as much as they used to. I want him to show all the naysayers that he hasn't lost the brilliance, the beauty, and the passion - it's still there. He just needs to work it out.

A good first step would be to drop the dead weight that's been hanging around his neck for seven years now. Kristeen Young is the type to suck the life out of anyone, I believe. There are few new, good bands out that he could bring on board and the fans would be happy with just that. it's a good start...

So, this is what I think, but I know Morrissey doesn't conform and it's his way or no way...we'll just have to see, I guess.

Last edited:
He has never put her up there as anywhere near great as his favourite artists. He likes her alot, thats nice. Thing is though for someone who seems so clued up on what music is good and what isn't he seems to have made terrible error of judgment if he genuinly believed it. he probably gets a act he finds will get nowhere near to outstaging him.

Morrissey has mentioned in the past just how wonderfull Kristeen is, but since shes been getting cruel verbal abuse and bullied online ect hes stopped talking about her in case hes unwittingly making things worse 4 her.
Im going 2 do the same - this is quite possibly the very last time I will post anything about kristeenYoung.
Im taking a vow of silence!!!!
Theres plenty more I could say but think maybe ive said 2 much already!
But ive repeatedly stuck up for kristeen, against the bullies on this site and I will ALLWAYS continue 2 do so should the need arise in the future!

At the end of the day KristeenYoung is the support act of morrissey on a world tour, albiet a tour temperalliy on hold .
He likes her as a person and respects and apprecaites her wonderfull talent and music ect and vice versa the compliment is returned!
Thats is!
There just 2 friends who want 2 entertain people by singing live in concert! :).

Midnite is a troll.

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking a broken record. But, fair enough, troll it is

Id politley ask certain members of the forum 2 kindly refrain from calling me a troll !
The term is rather unpleasant and unjustified given that no one even knows me nor knows what I do and why I do it ect!

No, she will never make it on her own - that's for sure.
I half agree that she brings bad luck to him. It sounds crazy, but he has had many set backs with Kristeen on the bill. More so than I can remember in the past.

A good first step would be to drop the dead weight that's been hanging around his neck for seven years now. Kristeen Young is the type to suck the life out of anyone, I believe.

Not very nice ! :(

Last edited:
Morrissey has mentioned in the past just how wonderfull Kristeen is, but since shes been getting cruel verbal abuse and bullied online ect hes stopped talking about her in case hes unwittingly making things worse 4 her.
Im going 2 do the same - this is quite possibly the very last time I will post anything about kristeenYoung.
Im taking a vow of silence!!!!
Theres plenty more I could say but think maybe ive said 2 much already!
But ive repeatedly stuck up for kristeen, against the bullies on this site and I will ALLWAYS continue 2 do so should the need arise in the future!

At the end of the day KristeenYoung is the support act of morrissey on a world tour, albiet a tour temperalliy on hold .
He likes her as a person and respects and apprecaites her wonderfull talent and music ect and vice versa the compliment is returned!
Thats is!
There just 2 friends who want 2 entertain people by singing live in concert! :).

I just don't find her music good, there are bullies however that doesn't mean that her music isn't bad. He likes her alot, and likes her music but i don't think he likes the music anywhere near the level he does such as NYD.

That's where my argument kind of falls apart, what's in it for Morrissey other than an incredibly cheap opening act? But looking at the situation empathetically, sometimes people who have more clout in life than I do will ask me to do favors for them and I just do them. I'm taking a (somewhat obnoxious in an endearing way) woman to dinner and a movie on Wednesday for her birthday because the lady who was originally going to do it has a swanky wine party to attend the same night. She gave me the money and told me to show her a fun time and asked me not to tell her of the arrangement. Imagine if you were Morrissey and the man who worked with at least two of your early idols approached you and said "Hey can you do me a favor? Can you throw Kristeen's name out there for me?" You'd just do it. I'm sure he legitimately likes her music, but the way in which he's name dropped her seems very rote. Even Tony's presence on her facebook wall seems very rote and robotic, like she's become this thing they're stuck with that they pity who kinda has some talent.

I see your point. But, how long do you owe this favor? She's been with Morrissey for how long? When does the favor end? He probably feels trapped and is unsure how to end the favor himself--ie when to say NO, enough is enough.

I see your point. But, how long do you owe this favor? She's been with Morrissey for how long? When does the favor end? He probably feels trapped and is unsure how to end the favor himself--ie when to say NO, enough is enough.

He had the opportunity when she pimped him out for her own benefit in her last interview. I think maybe he's too nice...which I guess is a good thing. :o

Her dangerous sex comment was extremely odd given his shyness to talk about his sex life. She knew this but she said it anyway, he is recovering, excited for new tour and she uses his kindness.... he might not be so sick if he could trust the people around him, the last two tty posts killed me to read.

I keep explaining, but no one seems to listen, that Moz is addicted to music. He can't stop. Remember his lament that there are no rehabilitation centers for music addicts. He wasn't joking. Music is Morrissey's interesting drug. He's also tried Prozac and Ecstasy. Don't give him anymore.

Jesus. He looks like his own ghost. The workload he has put himself through in the last few years would knock the wind out the sails of a man twenty years younger. Why does/did he need to keep up this pace? I don't favour the "he loves his fans" explanation. I think it is something far more prosaic.

Not very nice ! :(

First you said I was being unkind and cruel. Then you deleted that part and put what's in quotes up there.

Maybe it isn't very nice, and I'm sorry if I upset you with my opinion of KY. But - that's it. I don't care for her music and I don't care for her personality, either. She makes rude, inappropriate comments about him all the time. He's given her such an opportunity - and that's how she repays him? It drives me mad that she has the gall to call the tour The Morrissey and Kristeen Young show. No. She's NOWHERE NEAR Morrissey's level. She needs to drop that BS now.

As for this "deal" you have concocted in your head that he's allowing her to open for him as a favor and afraid (HAHA!) to break - come on! If he wants to get rid of her, he'll do it. Morrissey doesn't get tied up in situations that he can't unravel. Do you people even know who you're listening to? That's ludicrous! Fact is, he has expressed his admiration for her voice. That's all fine and well, but there are other groups who have just as much talent (more, in MY opinion) that he could have open for him. She's old news to us now - stagnant. That's why I feel he needs a new direction, and replacing her would be a...relief.

Midnite - I don't think you're a troll, and I'm not a bully. Facts are facts. It only hurts because it's true...

As for this "deal" you have concocted in your head that he's allowing her to open for him as a favor and afraid (HAHA!) to break - come on! If he wants to get rid of her, he'll do it. Morrissey doesn't get tied up in situations that he can't unravel. Do you people even know who you're listening to? That's ludicrous! Fact is, he has expressed his admiration for her voice. That's all fine and well, but there are other groups who have just as much talent (more, in MY opinion) that he could have open for him. She's old news to us now - stagnant. That's why I feel he needs a new direction, and replacing her would be a...relief.

Was this directed at my theory? I think Morrissey gets elegantly bullied even in his own circle and very much does get tied up in situations he needs help unravelling. He needs to be in less situations and veer towards keeping it real. I think he's doing that now and it's a healthy thing.

Was this directed at my theory? I think Morrissey gets elegantly bullied even in his own circle and very much does get tied up in situations he needs help unravelling. He needs to be in less situations and veer towards keeping it real. I think he's doing that now and it's a healthy thing.

Oh...yeah, maybe. I'd read the posts and got mixed up with who said what, I guess.

I don't agree. Morrissey is very much in control of his life - personally and professionally. Nothing gets around him or passed him. No one has bullied him into having KY on the bill for seven years. I mean...what would be the point?

Oh...yeah, maybe. I'd read the posts and got mixed up with who said what, I guess.

I don't agree. Morrissey is very much in control of his life - personally and professionally. Nothing gets around him or passed him. No one has bullied him into having KY on the bill for seven years. I mean...what would be the point?

I'm just going to ess tee eff you, it doesn't matter. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom