Everyone wants to know if Morrissey is straight or gay

"This story is old, I know, but it goes on....."

Done to death. Dragged over hot coals.
I mean really. What does it matter?
He's beautiful.
We don't care who or what he chooses to be intimate with.

Quite Mauve; he really is very beautiful... and yes *yawn* why do threads like these keep coming along...

so what?????? he always does these sort of changes to songs, it does;nt mean anything

Your Arsenal has more to do with the song 'we'll let you know' than sex

Oh dear, so much misunderstanding, so little time; I didn't say it meant anything did I?!?! I just said, I'd missed the pun the first time around and he brought it home to me. The album title refers to the place, the football club and a smutty joke ... that's all I meant. I know he does that sort of thing all the time, I'm usually laughing at it when he does; dirty puns have nothing to do with being gay or straight ... if they have, I'm rather worried about my dad.

first of all, I really can't believe I am posting on this thread - but hey, I'm bored today. soooo. I just want to ask you what are you talking about??? what exactly IS there in rome? male prostitues? well, he should have moved to thailand in that case, really, they're a lot younger and cheaper there.... and how would YOU know why he fell in love with rome?
rome is gorgeous - I wanted to move there too when I visited. he also lived there to record ringleader with visconti and now that it's over he no longer lives there. so? what's the dirty secret here?

and why on earth would his career be OVER if a current lover was "exposed"???? I mean, he sells great records and I also think that most people who enjoy his music don't even know about threads likes this one, hopefully. most people who listen to his music don't care about the "enigma", hopefully.

now I know why stars deserve to make millions: they have NO privacy anymore. fans litterally want to climb into their bedrooms and look at everything. man - I'm glad I'm not famous ;-)

I wouldn't know WHY he fell in love with Rome; I just listen to the songs. And I don't think he'd be bold enough to go cottaging or picking up male prostitutes ... I'm not sure whether he'd want to, but it's written all over ROTT that his complexes and hang-ups with regards to sex have finally been washed away, by someone, something or several someone's.

Ok, maybe saying his career would be OVER is a bit of an exaggeration, but could you envisage him pictured in magazines with a lover, wife, husband on his arm? ... I couldn't. And I'd still love him for what he's done for me, and I'd still listen to his music, but as I said in a post above, Morrissey is more than just 'great songs', he's all about sex (he invented himself as a latter day Elvis) and the enigma of knowing nothing about his private life is part of the attraction. The audience believe they are the only one's who can give him love and satisfaction by desperately trying to get close to him, get on stage, touch his hand, hug him. Do you think it'd still be that way if there were a Mr or Mrs Morrissey that we knew about? I go to numerous gigs on one tour for the atmosphere of that type of audience and the magnetism of the man, as well as the music. But, above all, the music would be different; true happiness and being open about every facet of your character leads to creative death ... if there's nothing to hide, there's nothing to explore. Of course people who listen to his music care about the enigma ... how many posts has this thread generated? How many What does he mean? Where is he talking about? Who is that on the cover? etc etc posts have been up here over the years? The mystery maketh the man and he knows it.

And I'm not wanting to know one way or another; I'd hate to be famous too, because you're right, stars don't have any privacy. I hope Morrissey remains a mystery forever, as to know about his private life in depth would make him just another pop star, and he's so much more than that.

The idea that Morrissey's appeal rests on him being single is total nonsense. It's just a tiny minority who try to get on stage and hug him. Even less of those are under the illusion that somehow Morrissey needs them to do it. Most of his fans are perfectly sane people who wouldn't dream of trying to impose on him like that. They just like the songs and the singing. Don't mistake the tiny minority of obsessives with the majority. ROTT sold over 60,000 copies in the UK in it's first week.

Oh dear, so much misunderstanding, so little time; I didn't say it meant anything did I?!?! I just said, I'd missed the pun the first time around and he brought it home to me. The album title refers to the place, the football club and a smutty joke ... that's all I meant. I know he does that sort of thing all the time, I'm usually laughing at it when he does; dirty puns have nothing to do with being gay or straight ... if they have, I'm rather worried about my dad.

please don't, 'oh dear' me. It implies that you are some sort of intellectual superior.

i never siggested that puns meant he was gay, i was saying that i don;t think the primary reason for the title of the album was motivated by sex or sexuality.

please don;t 'oh dear' me as if somehow i have missed the point. I know very clearly what the point is.

i never suggested that the title 'your arsenal' had anything to do with sexuality, infact quite the opposite.

I don;t think Morrissey is as crude as to plan what he is going to say on stage/

The idea that Morrissey's appeal rests on him being single is total nonsense.

I keep thinking as I read this discussion that therein lies an excellent idea for a poll question (maybe it's even been done already). How should it be worded?
"If Morrissey was in a publicly acknowledged relationship, would it change how you felt about him?"

I keep thinking as I read this discussion that therein lies an excellent idea for a poll question (maybe it's even been done already). How should it be worded?
"If Morrissey was in a publicly acknowledged relationship, would it change how you felt about him?"

yes it would

That's a different question though (would you like Morrissey if he came out)! My question is gender-neutral: If Morrissey had an acknowledged boyfriend or girlfriend (not a rumoured relationship, but validated), would it change how you feel about him?

could you envisage him pictured in magazines with a lover, wife, husband on his arm? ... I couldn't. .

why not?

The audience believe they are the only one's who can give him love and satisfaction by desperately trying to get close to him, get on stage, touch his hand, hug him.

wow - really? I had no idea that hardcore moz fans are such a freak show! sounds kinda - unhealthy...

That's a different question though (would you like Morrissey if he came out)! My question is gender-neutral: If Morrissey had an acknowledged boyfriend or girlfriend (not a rumoured relationship, but validated), would it change how you feel about him?

big fat NOOOOO!!!!

could you envisage him pictured in magazines with a lover, wife, husband on his arm? ... I couldn't.

well I've already seen him with a woman wrapping her legs around him with his hand on her knee...so yeah, I could. I really could picture him. Maybe that's why I didn't like that picture as much as some of the pretenders did.

I've said it before here and I'll say it again.

When I was at the Pasadena Concert on the last night I had a wad of hundreds to buy off the security detail. My intentions were as yours might have been... to give Moz a vintage '38 bubble-back Rolex for my appreciation of his work... and yet I WAS TOLD point blank by security, "He only wants boys."

So I did what any honorable wife would do and I tried to whore off my James Dean look-alike husband back stage. Trouble loves me, but not that much I'm afraid... and we left VERY disapointed. Word to the wise: Phony up KROQ afterparty stickers or let the husband go alone with a primo camera phone. With the way Moz's concert shirts smell, I can deal with a little lingering afterparty on the hubby/// no further questions asked///what are husbands for anyways if not to be stand-ins for the wife?

i have to lol.

i just bought a vintage hermes medor watch. i cant even believe it. its green . those s&m studs are so hot. esnipe worked for me the second time around. i highly rec. utilising esnipe to bid successfully on the item you most covet!

i was just reading this interview on motorcycleaupairboy and I know it's was said a long time ago but he does say
Partly because I was always attracted to men or women who were never attracted to me. And I was never attracted to women or men who were attracted to me. So that's the problem. I've never met the right person."
so there you go - he loves everyone.

http://motorcycleaupairboy.com/interviews/1990/deepend.htm its about half way down

Back
Top Bottom