funeral thread!

What music should they play at your funeral?

Last week I went to a funeral, and as the old boy who'd passed on was Irish, they played a piece of Irish Folk as we filed out of the church.

Which set me thinking, what should they play when I pass on (hopefully not for a while yet!)

An obvious choice would be "Satan rejected my soul", although "The Never Played Symphonies" could also be appropriate.

What would you choose?

Re: What music should they play at your funeral?

The Funeral Party - The Cure
Asleep - The Smiths
and NOW, Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead, because my family would howl. Heehee. Great suggestion.

If it's a church service: "Thank You for Hearing Me" by Sinead O'Connor

If it's my cremated remains scattering from within a beautiful fireworks display over the Everglades: "Break on Through (to the Other Side)" by The Doors

I really want Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead.

Imagining people laughing against their will amuses me no end :lbf:

Hahahaha. I found this to be pretty funny. Just thinking about some ridiculous song and everyone laughing, almost uncontrollably, and you can tell no one wants to be doing, but there is nothing they could do about it ...Hahaha..

I've always wanted "Asleep" to be played, as typical as it may be. I also really like the idea of "I Don't Mind if You Forget Me" and "There is a Place in Hell for Me and My Friends". Or maybe "I Know It's Over" or "Never Had No One Ever".

Other songs besides Smiths/Morrissey... Right now I would probably say "Nobody Has to Stay" by Mirah or maybe "Angeles" by Elliott Smith.

All pretty sad songs I suppose. I would feel bad for people who may actually like me to have to listen to these songs and know I'm gone.

my dad has made me promise that the time warp will be played at his

my dad has made me promise that the time warp will be played at his

Your Dad is really cool!

Non-Morrissey/The Smiths music that should be played at my funeral...
The entire album "The White Room" by the KLF
"Biology" - Girls Aloud (one of the greatest pop songs ever)
"Your Funny Uncle" - Pet Shop Boys

Non-Morrissey/The Smiths music that should be played at my funeral...
The entire album "The White Room" by the KLF
"Biology" - Girls Aloud (one of the greatest pop songs ever)
"Your Funny Uncle" - Pet Shop Boys

Last edited by a moderator:
The guitar riff from "How Soon Is Now" playing on continuous loop in the background.

For singing - "Death is Not The End" by Nick Cave, fetauring Shane McGowan, PJ Harvey and Kylie. The ULTIMATE funeral song.

Strangest song I ever hear sung at a funeral was "I Do Like To Be Beside The Sea-Side". Bizzarre.

Tags
iknowit'sover youhavekilledme
Back
Top Bottom