Greatest Hits/New Studio Album debate

Tottenham Tom

Prick up your ears!
Following on from all the endless conjecture about the possible new album - not to mention the dubious but nevertheless interesting posts from individuals such as Roma De Moz (New Song Titles post below somewhere), it occurred to me that even though Morrissey's new album might actually be called "Greatest Hits"- the content may well be a new studio album! (Hope so!)

It just dawned on me that the whole thing might be one more glorious tongue in cheek ruse my Moz. I think it'd be hilarious if an album of new songs were to bear this title.

Whatcha think?

TT

I'ts done before.......NOT FUNNY. neither would a real greatest hits album be fun....it would suck big time.

Given the less than inspiring history that Morrissey's singles have had in the charts, I think the name "Greatest Hits" is probably a joke. I'm guessing it might be either an all new studio album or a collection of b-sides with the two new songs we know of, thrown in. It may also be a stop-gap between his former label and the new one, and may be contractual if that's the case.

I hope Morrissey won't release an actual "Greatest Hits", since he's only made two records with Sanctuary, and reviving the even older discography is just pointless.

As for those dubious, but interesting song titles....I'm not one for lying or trolling, and of course my source could be wrong, but I know the person very well and I don't believe she would lie, or have anything to gain from doing so. I know for a fact she's involved with the new record.

I hate when artists record a "Greatest Hits" while they're still going. (Is that linguistically correct?) How many Greatest Hits albums have Aerosmith come out with? at least two I know of, maybe three, I can bet the rolling stones have a couple, of course I wouldn't know. However, I must say i got turned on to Moz by the "Best Of.." it really is a fantastic collection of work, however obsolete.

Cat Power's latest album is called The Greatest, and its just a regular studio album. Confused me at first.

Back
Top Bottom