Morrissey Central "HATFUL OF HOLLOW" (October 12, 2023)

photo-output.png

The trusted site Official Charts lists Hatful of Hollow as an album that charted for four weeks in 1995 reaching a peak position of 26.

In 1984 Hatful of Hollow reached number 7, charting for 46 weeks with Platinum sales.

That’s good. Now make BOT and WMTWD actually get released like Hatful Of Hollow did.

Very strange post from Central, because whats the point...but I don't mind him talking about Smiths-related stuff. Nostalgia browsing maybe?

It’s also factually inaccurate?

A quick glance shows it as both peaking at number 7 in 1984 and spending 46 weeks in the chart, whilst also listing the 1995 entry.

Smiths reunion at last!!
There is nothing I'd like less.

They (Morrissey, Johnny, and Mike) would ruin it. I couldn't afford it. I wouldn't go because of people. And we would all be able to see how unreal and uncomfortable it is.

I think the discrepancy in the two chart positions is because Hatful reached no 26 in the nineties due to it being re released on WEA, also on a double 10" lp on vinyl, but of course originally reached number 7 in '84.
These things matter to Moz.
Someone will probably correct me on this but i think thats what happened.

There is nothing I'd like less.

They (Morrissey, Johnny, and Mike) would ruin it. I couldn't afford it. I wouldn't go because of people. And we would all be able to see how unreal and uncomfortable it is.

Would love to see Moz do a walk on with Johnny’s band. Just one song or two. A quick hug too. That’s all.

Ages ago I was working at a festival where there were a few Zep connected things happening. There was a bit of reunion speculation going on. This guitar tech who was supposed to be in the know wearily told us all: It will never happen.
He was wrong.

Back
Top Bottom