Hollywood, FL - Hard Rock Live (Oct. 8, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / Girlfriend In A Coma / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Notre-Dame / Half A Person / Let Me Kiss You / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of lalocurto / setlist.fm.

Last edited:
I do think the band is a lot of the problem, they aren't good and they can't play better songs
You can put five high profile musicians on a stage... If there is no chemistry between them, it won't work.

When there is chemistry between the musicians and the singer, you can feel that electricity even through tv footage. Apart from Jesse, there isn't anyone else who is really into his music. They just stay at the surface and play their parts like actors

Got 10th row center right now. I’ve never backed out of going to a Morrissey concert before, so it’s tough.
My wife has only come with me a handful of times and always nosebleed seats so I’m stubbornly holding on still. Trying to think of a Moz concert like pizza…even when it’s bad, it’s still kinda good. 🤣
I did back out of one, I think 2012. Gave the tickets to a friend. Then he canceled one in 2017. He also walked off the stage after a few songs at a show in 2007, no explanation, just turned around and walked off, which really soured me for the 2012 show. I think you have good seats so I understand the dilemma. If you go I hope you have a great time.

Don’t think the topic of what makes or doesn’t make a fan, was brought up. But I never said anyone is ‘less of a fan’ for not having their expectations met.
I believe I accidentally lumped you in with Lujan369’s comments about criticism coming from “anti-Morrissey people”. That was an unfair assumption on my part.
Sorry about that…my mistake.

You can put five high profile musicians on a stage... If there is no chemistry between them, it won't work.

When there is chemistry between the musicians and the singer, you can feel that electricity even through tv footage. Apart from Jesse, there isn't anyone else who is really into his music. They just stay at the surface and play their parts like actors
This band is unrecognizable. I keep going back to the Your Arsenal and Kill Uncle tours and how well that band worked together. More recently we just had Alan who was holding things together as best he could and it was great to see him again, but he can't do it alone. If this is being billed as 40 Years of, I want to see someone who was there from the beginning besides Morrissey.

Holy shit, that's more than I paid for 2 front row tickets here and even those came with extra stuff that was unneeded like access to private lounge and champagne. Insane. Never going to sell those.
The most I have ever paid for a ticket was 250 and that was Btyan Ferry 5th row center

Does anybody know the song/music video from the pre-show that featured a group of men wearing kilts or skirts and they were dancing? It was set in like a British neighborhood.

I’m going crazy looking for it :confused:

Every time he has to sing "because I never, I never" he goes "huh-huh-huh.. huh-huh-huh.." and shows his tongue as if he were exhausted and bored. Always, always the same. Part of an act to express disdain for his legacy, right?

Considering the amount of effort put into to telling him it's not his legacy - I'm surprised he can sing it at all without feeling demoralised.

The unruly lounge lizard vibe could go to some interesting places if he wasn't perpetually getting harried.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom