How many times has Morrissey canceled a gig you had tickets for?

How many times has Morrissey canceled a gig you had tickets for?

• None

Votes: 32 33.0%
  • 1-3

Votes: 38 39.2%
  • 4-7

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • 8-12

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Over 12

Votes: 4 4.1%

• Total voters
Twice so far, both on this tour!

RAH and Troxy, boo, but saw him on the 22nd in Manchester which made up for it. Lucky I'm London local so a cancellation / postponement isn't so much of a big deal...

Hope you guys find it to forgive him, he loves performing, I'm sure he doesn't shaft you on purpose!

My first Morrissey gig was at the Roundhouse, where He walked off, then the following night at the Roundhouse, RAH, Salisbury, Troxy, Brixton, Brixton, and oh Brixton again......So you mignt as well say 8 out of 14!!!

But I will still continue to follow......:crazy:

Is this the first tour that has had this many consecutive cancellations?

I am aware and have been burnt by cancellations in the past, but there are so many this month, I lost count.

No one has had 12 surely!:eek:

I guess I am nobody('s nothing). I've had 19 Moz gig cancellations/postponements if I include the first two weeks of the 2002 tour.

And I forgot all about the Isle of Wight! Make that 20 cancellations/postponements.

I also now realise 140+ is misleading; that was 140+ successfully completed gigs. It's more like 20/160+, a failure rate of about 12.5%. The failure rate would've been halved (and better than that of a condom's depending on various sources) if we don't count all the cancellations from this year's tour of refusal.

I dunno about the other 3 that voted 12+. Maybe truthful, maybe pissing about.

I'm not horribly bitter about the cancellations, and since 2002 I knew better than to book non-refundable arrangements. But I was rather irritated that any fool could see that successful completion of this YOR tour schedule was not realistic for Moz. And an earlier notice of all the cancellations in one fell swoop immediately after the physician's diagnosis would've been helpful to many fans.

Last edited:
I guess I am nobody('s nothing). I've had 19 Moz gig cancellations/postponements if I include the first two weeks of the 2002 tour.

And I forgot all about the Isle of Wight! Make that 20 cancellations/postponements.

I also now realise 140+ is misleading; that was 140+ successfully completed gigs. It's more like 20/160+, a failure rate of about 12.5%. The failure rate would've been halved (and better than that of a condom's depending on various sources) if we don't count all the cancellations from this year's tour of refusal.

I dunno about the other 3 that voted 12+. Maybe truthful, maybe pissing about.

I'm not horribly bitter about the cancellations, and since 2002 I knew better than to book non-refundable arrangements. But I was rather irritated that any fool could see that successful completion of this YOR tour schedule was not realistic for Moz. And an earlier notice of all the cancellations in one fell swoop immediately after the physician's diagnosis would've been helpful to many fans.
:eek:

I'm guessing other areas of your life have been more lucky:thumb:

:eek:

I'm guessing other areas of your life have been more lucky:thumb:

Like I said, it's not so bad -- I'm not bitter. 12.8% cancellation rate is not too bad. It was only ~6% until this year of refusal.

And many say that I am terribly lucky to have met Morrissey as many times as I have. One time at the Hollywood Palladium he pointed at me and sang, "Lucky lisp was not wasted on you" and I felt so indeed.

I think my greatest piece of luck is getting an absolutely fantastic mum! I love and admire everything about her except I just wish I hadn't inherited her myopia and flat feet. :p

I think my greatest piece of luck is getting an absolutely fantastic mum! I love and admire everything about her except I just wish I hadn't inherited her myopia and flat feet. :p

140+ gigs! Is your mum Julia?

is there a picture of you? The reason why I ask is because i've been to about 20 Morrissey shows and almost always within first three rows. I see some repeat people but always curious who are the real diehards (or those who are rich...depends how you look at it).

Last edited:
With the Brixton cancellations it now takes it up to 15 for me but considering I saw The Smiths that is spanning over 23 years, so can't really complain. I have lost corrie to football so many more times......

one. roundhouse. or one and a half maybe, since i was also at the date where he went off after four songs.

140+ gigs! Is your mum Julia?

is there a picture of you? The reason why I ask is because i've been to about 20 Morrissey shows and almost always within first three rows. I see some repeat people but always curious who are the real diehards (or those who are rich...depends how you look at it).

There is a piccy of me...in my avatar where I'm kissing duh Mozzer's hand. Oh, ok, here's a better shot in the attachment of this old post.

Poseurs who know little about me and believe rumours about me are always confusing me with some other peeps in the world of Moz. I am probably most often mistaken for Winnie because of course, (insert ethnic group) all look alike. :lbf:. They can't even get that right!

The silly half-baked lies posted by anonymous cowards who claim to be in the know give me fits of laughter. I prefer not to disabuse them because it's always a laff to hear fools spout off misinformation so authoritatively and lets me know who the dizzy dipshits are.

If you come and queue early with the hardcore, you will meet me and get to know me for reals...if you dare. You've got a lot to live down with the Julia's my mum joke! :p Ok, it was funny because my mum can't stand Morrissey! And my mum is in her late 70s...don't use this fact to make a horrid joke about Julia's appearance.

BTW, I'm not financially rich. I've got a ton of grad school debt, but I hope to have it all forgiven by working for the national health service corps.

There is a piccy of me...in my avatar where I'm kissing duh Mozzer's hand. Oh, ok, here's a better shot in the attachment of this old post.

Poseurs who know little about me and believe rumours about me are always confusing me with some other peeps in the world of Moz. I am probably most often mistaken for Winnie because of course, (insert ethnic group) all look alike. :lbf:. They can't even get that right!

The silly half-baked lies posted by anonymous cowards who claim to be in the know give me fits of laughter. I prefer not to disabuse them because it's always a laff to hear fools spout off misinformation so authoritatively and lets me know who the dizzy dipshits are.

If you come and queue early with the hardcore, you will meet me and get to know me for reals...if you dare. You've got a lot to live down with the Julia's my mum joke! :p Ok, it was funny because my mum can't stand Morrissey! And my mum is in her late 70s...don't use this fact to make a horrid joke about Julia's appearance.

BTW, I'm not financially rich. I've got a ton of grad school debt, but I hope to have it all forgiven by working for the national health service corps.

I don't recognize you. I don't pay attention too much and stay quiet in lines and all that. All my shows are in the states too. I don't know anything about Wendy. HEard of her but mainly she pops up in online conversations among the whacko Moz trolls. They bore without pause. So i tend to ignore them.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
also, kudos on you doing national health care service :thumb:, regardless of it being in part to pay for school debt :o

3, Roundhouse last year and RAH and Brixton (tonight :( ) this year.
Hope he doesn't cancel Sheffield, it's my birthday then and I have a front row ticket. :o

Tags
no answers no entry no reason no refund nohope noharm
Back
Top Bottom