I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris enters UK chart at number 21

dont think the single really caught anyones ear apart from the ardent moz fan.we have radio2 on all the time at work and not one single person has even said "this isnt bad" think its a little like background music for the layman.

By the time of UK tour the second single (Skull?) will be out.

Hopefully it will rank in higher than Paris.

who actually cares about chart positions, Madonna? Girls Aloud? Exactly!!! I dont think Morrissey Will be loosing sleep tonight. album charts are a little bit different though, so hopefully a top 5 album next week will be on the cards

who actually cares about chart positions, Madonna? Girls Aloud? Exactly!!! I dont think Morrissey Will be loosing sleep tonight. album charts are a little bit different though, so hopefully a top 5 album next week will be on the cards

Exactly, it's meaningless.

But still it's sad because Moz really deserves a n.1 single and he'll never get it. Maybe, after he retires, if he decides to write a song for a film or (and please forgive me for saying it) when he's dead and everybody realises how great he was - Sad but true - people never seem to trully appeciate what they have until it's gone :tears:

Let's hope YOR does well because it's a great album! :thumb:

I think he does care, despite his protests.
But this is the digital age; he's lucky to be so loved by a hardcore of fans who WILL buy his single.
He should release 'it's not your birthday anymore' if he wants a stab at a hit.

I think he does care, despite his protests.
But this is the digital age; he's lucky to be so loved by a hardcore of fans who WILL buy his single.
He should release 'it's not your birthday anymore' if he wants a stab at a hit.

Yes, I think he does care, and that's the only reason I think it's a bit sad, buy hey, at least we are enjoying the songs and the singles - everybody else...well it's their loss :straightface:

welcome to the forums :)

Yes, I think he does care, and that's the only reason I think it's a bit sad, buy hey, at least we are enjoying the songs and the singles - everybody else...well it's their loss :straightface:

welcome to the forums :)

Ta. :) At least his gigs will go on selling, and that's more important; to him and to us.

I think he likes the "romance" of a number 1, him growin up listening to the charts and all that. But give him a direct choice between number 1 hits with radio/little girls who buy shitty catchy pop songs friendly to inspirational to millions songwriter who has a legion of devoted fans, them im sure he would choose the later

He wants both, and we want him to have it. Otherwise yes, we wouldn't need to care about chart placings.

I think he likes the "romance" of a number 1, him growin up listening to the charts and all that. But give him a direct choice between number 1 hits with radio/little girls who buy shitty catchy pop songs friendly to inspirational to millions songwriter who has a legion of devoted fans, them im sure he would choose the later

Jamie -- any comments on that fact?

And are That's How and All You Need technically considered Years of Refusal singles, Greatest Hits singles or standalones? I ask because at the time they came out (at least the former), it wasn't officially confirmed that they'd be on the album, although Moz later said that was always the plan.

I don't think Skull will be the next single because it's an Alain Whyte tune: he hasn't released a Whyte single since I Have Forgiven Jesus five years ago.

For this reason I think the fourth and hopefully final YOR single will be Boorer's One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell. But I could be wrong.

When I had a look at the singles surrounding "Paris" in the record store during the week, it really was an appalling vista...

At least you found the single: I went to Fnac and to Media Markt (the two largest record stores) in Brussels and I couldn't find it. :(

At least you found the single: I went to Fnac and to Media Markt (the two largest record stores) in Brussels and I couldn't find it. :(
Fnac that :(

Well, I didn't actually buy it as I had got me bundle off Recordstore this week.
Which you should do, dear :)

Back
Top Bottom