Johnny book deal

not_me_not_I

Johnny_Marr on twitter about 40 minutes ago:
"I have been offered a book deal, a serious one. I'd get into it and that would mean less time on songs . It will happen though."

Follow up tweet:
"It will be an autobiography of course, that or about my collection of fascinating public bus tickets from the '80's. That would be cool."

"I have been offered a book deal, a serious one. I'd get into it and that would mean less time on songs . It will happen though."

Yeyy, Johnny Marr can give us the inside details about "the real" Moz :D

Johnny's autobiography?? I'd love that :guitar:

And I'd believe what Johnny says far more than I'd believe Morrissey :p

I hope this coincides with Morrissey's book, would be very interesting to read them together :D

He said after it:
It will be an autobiography of course, that or about my collection of fascinating public bus tickets from the '80's. That would be cool.

"...I'd get into it and that would mean less time on songs.."
not necessarily...it may bring back old memories and old thoughts and ideas and spark some creative writing.

Yeyy, Johnny Marr can give us the inside details about "the real" Moz :D

I would bet against it. He has had plenty of time to talk about Moz if he wanted to.

I don't know -- talking about someone in interviews and sitting down by yourself and writing about them are two pretty different things. Johnny seems like a genrally cheerful, unpretentious guy but Morrissey saw something "melancholy" in his melodies. Maybe more of that will come out in the writing, too.

Look forward to it.

I would bet against it. He has had plenty of time to talk about Moz if he wanted to.

Johnny Marr on Twitter autobiography deal

too late

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a calm little reflection on possible autobiographies by both Morrissey and Marr:

"In 2008 former Smiths singer Morrissey revealed to BBC Radio he was penning an autobiography and would spend ample time clearing up the misinformation printed about him throughout the years.

“With every printed interview, there's lots of misquotes," he told the BBC.

"Lots of them are really silly and really extreme, which you have to live with the rest of your life. So it's setting the record straight.

"So much crap is written about me and it's quite hard to live with sometimes because it all gets burned down in history and becomes part of whatever it is you are, the legacy, and it becomes very annoying," The Guardian reported.

When told to write a book, Johnny Marr, former Smiths and Modest Mouse guitarist now with The Cribs tweeted back, “I have been offered a book deal, a serious one. I'd get into it and that would mean less time on songs. It will happen though.

“It will be an autobiography of course, that or about my collection of fascinating public bus tickets from the '80's.

"That would be cool.”

Indeed, cool is among the many adjectives this book could be described as and has everybody buzzing about the possibility of dueling memoirs recounting the 80’s from two men who were part of the most important alternative rock band to emerge from the British indie music scene...

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Former Smiths members Marr and Morrissey penning autobiographies - San Francisco Music News | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/music-news-...ey-both-penning-autobiographies#ixzz1Br2rVoan

I, too, have always believed that the REAL story lay with Marr. As far as I can tell, Joyce and Rourke have always had a deep respect and loyalty for Morrissey, regardless of the lawsuit, but Marr has totally been loyal to Morrissey and his mystique. I would imagine he would still remain loyal in an autobiography, but what Marr could reveal would be essential. They definitely had a relationship, not sexual obviously, but a marriage of sorts, as is the case with most good or any songwriting team. Just the fact that Marr sat in a room with Morrissey probably alone, together, is almost enough for Marr to have picked up inner details that no one else could and may ever know. I suspect Morrissey has always been on his best guarded behavior, never letting anyone really know the real Moz, even in the 80s. But even the most heavily guarded castles have vulnerabilities and reveal the "inner you". Marr of all people would know this, as I feel that Morrissey held Marr (and still does) very near and dear to his heart. Of course, this would only really apply to the 80s and who knows if Marr can really remember the details, it seems he's tried to block it out. I read somewhere that Marr might've said, I'm not sure, that Morrissey was to blame for leaking the "Smiths To Split" rumors after, of course, Marr had already stated his departure.

Other people with insights would be: Alain Whyte (who, as far as I can tell) is VERY protective of Moz AT ALL TIMES. Boz Boorer, while a little more quirky and willing to slip, collects himself, usually, and lets NOTHING slip. Spencer Cobrin definitely felt hurt by Moz, if what he says is true about the infamous "FAX" regarding is race. And there are others, all who remain silent. Morrissey seems to inspire fierce loyalty in most people. The fans, obviously, but the ones close to him too which is a testament to the quality of person he is.

Back to Marr, it would be great, an autobiography, and I believe Marr to have the goods, but the likeliness for it to come out in an autobiography are slim. It still would be a good read, but the nuts wouldn't be there, I assume.

I'm glad Johnny Marr is getting more popular and talked about mainstream...I think he should be more recongised in the public eye :)

Back
Top Bottom